Status: In Process

If You Tell Me to Stay, I Will Stay Right Through

I'm Honestly Just His Housekeeper

For the next couple of days Matt hadn’t been home much. They were all shut away together at Brian’s writing music. He lived right on the beach and Matt said it was the most relaxing place for them to write music. Jimmy dropped in every now and then “to make sure I was alive.”

I went on with my housekeeping duties, only having to cook for myself since he got home too late sometimes and usually I was already in bed. In a very comfortable bed, if I may add.

It was a Friday morning when I woke up stretching and groaning to my torturous alarm. I quickly got ready and headed downstairs to start my usual duties.

I was deep in thought, cleaning dust off of the entertainment center that held his abnormally large TV when the front door swung open, which was nothing new I guess except for the fact that a tall blonde had walked in instead of the usual stampede of tattooed musicians. The same tall blonde I had recorded kissing a man the other night, Matt’s wife.

She walked into the living room nose deep in her phone, texting away. I cleared my throat to make my presence known. She came to a halt and looked up at me. She blinked and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“Ummm what in the fucking hell? Who are you?” She demanded to know. “Matt!!” She turned her head towards the stairs to listen for a response. When she heard nothing but silence she turned back to me.

“He’s not here,” I said calmly. “I’m Natalie, his new housekeeper.” I extended my hand, which she fully ignored, instead meeting my eyes with a glare. I dropped my hand to my side awkwardly. Should I be calling Matt? Is she even allowed in here?

“His housekeeper huh? Bullshit. That’s bullshit,” She said angrily. “Are you the bitch he’s been fucking behind my back?”

“What? No. Of course not. I’m honestly just his housekeeper,” I assured her.

“Hm. Why do you look familiar?” She said tilting her head slightly.

“I don’t know.”

“I’m not stupid. You should be ashamed you know? Sleeping with a married man,” She glared. If looks could kill….

She pulled her phone back out, running her perfectly manicured finger over the screen before bringing it up to her ear.

“Matt? Who the fuck is this bitch at my house?” She snarled into the phone. My eyes widened at her aggressiveness. Hadn’t she just been kissing someone else?

I heard Matt’s deep growl through the speaker but couldn’t make out what he was saying, I could only tell that he was very, very angry.

“I don’t give a fuck, you’re still married and should still run this shit by me!!!” She yelled. She looked up at me, took two steps raised her hand high and before I knew what she was doing, she slapped the shit out of me. I gasped out. I felt a burning sensation in my cheek, not because she had slapped me but because she had scratched the fuck out of my cheek. I ran a hand over the indention in my skin and winced at the pain.

“You’re a fucking housekeeper right??!! So get back to work and stop fucking staring at me like an idiot!” She yelled angrily. Matt was still on the phone because at that moment I heard his voice loud and clear, “Did you put your fucking hands on her Valary??!!!”

The blonde turned on her heel and stepped into the office and slammed the door behind her, leaving me standing in the living room as angry tears streamed down my cheeks, stinging my fresh cut.

I walked to the bathroom breathing heavily, mentally holding myself back from running into the office and beating her ass.

I examined the cut. It was pretty deep. Blood oozed out slowly. I grabbed a towel and dabbed at, my hands noticeably shaking with anger and humiliation.

I knew Matt had arrived when I heard his distinct roaring voice down the hallway soon followed by her screaming. To say this was a bad argument was a serious understatement. I remained in the bathroom leaning my back against the sink. I felt it was better for me to stay as far away from her as possible.

I finally heard Matt scream at her to get out of his house followed by the front door slamming shut.

I heard him looking for me, but I wasn’t ready to come out. I breathed deeply trying to calm myself.

He knocked softly on the door, “Natalie, please let me in,” he said softly. I examined myself in the mirror, my eyes looked swollen from crying. I dabbed the towel on my face once more then finally opened the door for him.

His eyes immediately fell to the cut on my face. Concern was evident in his face as he reached for my head to closely examine the cut. “Oh my God,” he mumbled, his voice shook slightly. “Natalie, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what’s gotten into her. She’s never been this way. Are you okay? Of course you’re not okay. I promise this won’t happen again,” He rambled on apologizing over and over.

“You don’t have to apologize, this isn’t your fault. I’m fine, really. I’ve had worse,” I forced a smile.

He sighed deeply before squeezing his shut and leaning against the door frame. “When did things get this bad?” He said more to himself than to me. He was hurting a lot, I could see it in his eyes.

“She asked if I was the girl you were cheating on her with,” I explained. “I told her no of course, but she wasn’t having it.”

“Are you fucking serious? She had the nerve to ask you that?” He let out an exasperated sigh and ran a hand through his hair. “This is insane.”

“I’m sorry that you’re going through this, if there’s anything I can do please let me know. I’m gonna get back to work,” I said softly and started walking out of the bathroom before his strong tattooed
arm shot out in front of me to block me.

“Forget about work for today, okay? Let’s go hang out with the guys. Yeah? It will be fun,” He said to me, making me fully aware that his mouth was right next to me ear. I involuntarily shuddered, and I saw him grin from the corner of my eye. “We’re going to a bar, go get ready. I’m not taking no for an answer,” He said shortly before walking off.

I looked at my watch, it was too early to go to a bar.

“Matt?” I called out.

“Yeah?” He yelled back from the other side of the house.

“It’s too early to go to a bar!” I yelled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter. I'm halfway done with the next one so it will be up soon. So Val was pretty mean right? Poor Matt and poor Natalie :(
Thanks for the comments guys! They keep me motivated! :)