Poltergeist

Questions

Ok so 6 months have passed since Amy joined the team. She stopped being a newbie and Jay only joined 3 months ago, he was still the newbie. Amy got a card and the ID of Phantom and an outfit to go with. They had been on 3 missions in the past 3 months since Jay had joined so he had to get a name and an outfit. His was The Ghost and he got an all-white outfit with back on the collar, hands, feet and waist. Amy said he looked like Danny Phantom except with no chest symbol. Her outfit was a black body suit that had no sleeves and covered her mouth, nose and around her head. Along with that, she had black gloves that went up to her elbow with a piked, silver, fore-arm protector on her left and deep purple hand protectors for each hand. Covering the body suit was a deep purple tunic. Jay said that Amy looked like a ninja. Amy's response was that, that was the point.
It was December by the time the team got an actual break. Everyone was sitting in the big family room at the time When Jay walked in. As usual he never thinks before he speaks and has no shame in it. "So do you guys do Christmas here?"
Amy blinked. "How do you do Christmas? It's a stupid holiday that insist on spending money. Big deal."
"Not really" Tony said. "No"
Jay sighed. "Well you should" My folks always did a big Christmas. It was filled with food mostly but it was fun. Can we do one this year?"
Thor tilted his head. "It this Christmas some sort of tradition."
"Never had on before... but yes. It's a Midgardian tradition Uncle. Some celebrate it, others celebrate different traditions and others don't celebrate at all"
"She's starting to sound like him" Clint mumbled.
"Why not" Tony said. "I'll bring Pepper and we'll have blast"
"pepper?" Amy and Jay asked in sync.
Bruce snickered at how they didn't even notice that they said it at the same time.
"His fiancé" Steve said.
Jay tilted his head. "Oh so it's a name. So she doesn't go good with salt?"
Tony frowned. "Ha. Ha." he said unenthusiastically.
Jay shut his mouth. "Got it" he thought. "No more jokes about anyone's love" He sighed so why don't you guys celebrate it?" he asked.
"Never thought about it" Steve said.
"Not into it" Clint said.
"Same" Bruce agreed
"I was not aware of it" Thor said.
Jay came over to Amy. The girl that once disliked him with a passion was now his best friend. "And you, Beautiful?" he asked.
Amy turned to stare at the fire. "He never let me. He thought it was a stupid mortal ritual and forbade me from participating in anything that had to do with it"
Jay's smile disappeared. Thor looked towards his niece with a solemn look. Jay kissed Amy's cheek. "Well, we'll do something fun this year. I can go home and get my mom's cook book. She had the best recipes in the world."
Amy smiled. "I'd like that"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" I like it" Tony said.
"It's crooked" Bruce said.
"Why did we bring it in the house?" Thor asked.
"It's one of the more strange traditions" Natasha explained.
"We still need to make it pretty" Clint said.
"Amy, do you want to help?" Bruce smiled.
Amy nodded. "Yes please"
"SHE CAN PUT UP THE STAR!" Pepper called from the top floor.
"It's.... big" Steve said. "It'll look better once it's decorated"
"It's even bigger that the one back home" Jay said.
In the center large entrance of the mansion, stood a 15 foot tall blue spruce. Tony had it scouted and cut specifically for the mansion. To him it was perfect in size; even if it was slightly bent at the top. "It's not crooked" He said. "It's simply bent at the right angle that the star won't fall off" He had to be right in all things and never wrong or make any mistakes. (Even though he is wrong on a lot of things and makes many mistakes). "Oh and Thor?"
The thunderer turned from the tree. "Yes?"
Tony quickly slipped a ring of lights over Thor's head. "There. Now you look like you know what Christmas is"
Amy tried not to laugh but Jay giggled like an idiot. It even made Bruce smile.
Steve laughed. "What's everyone waiting for? Let's have some fun!" He turned on the radio as it played fun Christmas song and the decorating began. It took 3 hours of fun and messing around to get the tree fully decorated. (Most of the time was spent messing around)
Tony brought up some eggnog for the gang. "Good job team" he said. "I'd call that a successful mission."
"and fun" Amy said laughing.
"You spiked it didn't you?" Pepper said looking at the creamy liquid.
Spiked? Like liquor?" Jay asked.
Amy stared at the drink. "It doesn't look like it. Or smell like it either."
"Sweet heart" Tony said. "Come on you don't think I'd do that with kids would you?"
"Actually" Jay said. "I'm 21"
Amy looked at him. "I'm 2 months away from 22"
Tony's jaw dropped. "Really? Because you 2 look like you're teenagers."
Pepper smirked and gave her Fiancé a look.
Bruce faced palmed. "Tony you know as well as all of us that Amethyst and Jason are 21"
Tony laughed. "Yeah I know. It's in their files."
Amy rolled her eyes. "Nice try Tony."
"Well?" Natasha asked.
"Only in mine" Tony said with a smart ass expression. "And Pepper's"
Pepper smiled. "Of course"
Amy took a sip. "Oh wow. This is good"
Jay followed with a similar sip and expression. "It tastes like a candy cane"
Everyone followed Jay and were equally pleased.
"Yup" Tony said. "My specialty."
"You always know how to spice things up don't you" Pepper said offering a kiss.
Tony accepted the offer then smiled. He couldn't wait until they asked for more. Then the fun would start. In his mind, the Avengers need to loosen up and have some fun once in a while. The peppermint schnapps (Alcohol) he snuck in the drinks would do the trick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Muttley, Amy's big white Labrador, continually bark at the Avengers as they made their way to the back yard. Amy was laughing and running from Jay who was also laughing and chasing her to the pool. Clint and Natasha walked hand in hand. Tony tickled Pepper as they made their way whispering sweet little nothings to each other. Steve was laughing at Amy and Jay and bent down to let Muttley out from her area. Bruce was almost knocked over by the cow and started a laughing fit. The dog went straight for her owner who dodged just in time. Muttley slipped on the ice covered concrete and fell into the pool. Everyone started to go into a laughing fit. Clint pushed Natasha in and Tony threw Pepper in. It was a warm 90 degrees and Amy pulled Jay in as she jumped in on top of her dog.
"Jarvis" Tony said. "Put on my fun pack"
"Are you sure sir?" The program asked.
"Am I ever?" Tony retorted.
"Good point Sir" The program said.
Tony's fun pack was a bunch of explicit rock and pop songs mixed in with other clean rock and pop songs. He got onto the diving board and jumped in. The swimming party went a little crazy. Thor started dancing to the music, Amy and Jay started singing to it as the song "Starships" cam on. Clint started wrestling Muttley for some reason............ Steve kissed Natasha which made Clint mad and they started to wrestle in the pool. Jay and Amy got into a splashing fight and even got Thor and Bruce involved. Tony and Pepper..... Ran away.... to his room. *Cough cough*
Natasha watched with much enjoyment as Clint and Steve fought over her. During the splashing fight Thor used Amy as a shield against Bruce. It had to be the most fun Amy ever had in her life. She ended up running away from the men and hid behind Jay, burying her face in his hair. It didn't work. Bruce stole her away and it turned into an "Amy keep away battle". Muttley even got involved.... kinda. She would bark at the guys from the shore then jump in, nip at then and jump out when it got too splashy. Clint won the battle for Natasha and they ran away....together.....
Steve got bored and went back to his room. Bruce became tired and it got too cold to be in the water. Jarvis turned off the music as the remaining 3 went inside. They dried Muttley off as best they could and let her in. Amy insisted that she couldn't stay outside because she'd be pupsicle by the morning.
Thor gave her a goodnight hug and retired to his room. Any and Jay stayed up and watched T.V. Until they fell asleep on the couch.

((use your imagination for the party. I’m not suggesting ANYTHING! I'm simply letting you use your imagination for the fun times))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy cuddled against Jay as the sun rose. Amy had her head on his chest and he had his arm around her. His other hand was off the side. Below that on the floor was the remote. They had fallen asleep while watching T.V. After their party with the Avengers. As Tony walked in, he smiled, took out his phone and took a picture to savor the moment. Then with an evil smile he woke them up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay jumped as he felt a hand hit his shoulder.
"Good job kid" It was Tony. "You finally lost it"
"huh?" Jay asked sleepily. He yawned and moved his hand down UN knowingly. His eyes went wide and he squeaked as he realized he was touching Amy's ass and he phased through the couch in surprise. Amy sat up as Jay disappeared. She woke up to his squeak and opened her eyes to see him disappearing. "What the?" She groaned and held her head. "Why do I feel like I've been through a night when dad's home?" She yawned and saw Tony grinning like an idiot with his phone in his hands.
"What's with you tin man?" She asked with a frown on her face. "Have fun last night?"
Tony's smile disappeared. "Little smart ass" he said and walked away.
"Sensitive much?" She yawned again.
Jay rolled out from under the couch and looked up at her. "What did you mean by that?" He asked.
"Which part? Tony's fun or...."
Jay cut her off. "About your dad"
Amy huddled up in the blanket. "When.... whenever dad was home." she turned her face to the couch. "He wasn't very nice"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thor came downstairs a little after Tony and headed for the kitchen. He was just exiting the family room when he heard Amy talking. He saw Jay by the couch and figured that's who Amy was talking to. He paused to listen.
"He...." she sighed. "You remember when I told you about Max getting mad at me for the broken rib?"
"Yeah" jay said. "What's that got to do with you feeling like you've been through a night when he's home?"
Thor narrowed his eyes. "What?" he thought. "What are they talking about"
"I never told anyone this but. Dad caused it. The bruises, the scratches....whenever I got hurt.... it was because of him." she laid her head on her knees.
Thor couldn't believe that Loki could be so cruel. But there it was. Living proof. He knew Amy wasn't lying... to his dismay. That's not something a person lies about. He sighed and left the pair alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay sat next to her and gave her a hug. For once, he didn't know what to say.
Amy didn't care whether Jay talked or not. She accepted the hug and cuddled closer. She loved the security he gave, the protection she felt from him. She never wanted it to go away. She loved it.... she loved....Jay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony looked up from eating a donut to see the distraught face of the thunder god. "What's wrong big guy?" He asked.
Thor didn't answer. He was in deep thought about what he had over head.
"Thor?" Tony asked.
Thor finally looked up at the sound of is name. "Yes?"
"Something wrong" Tony asked.
"Perhaps" Thor answered.
"What is it?"
"It is about what I heard my niece say."
Tony sat down and offered Thor a seat. "Talk to me"
Thor accepted and joined his friend. "She said that Loki had given her bruises and scratches throughout the times he had been with her. What troubles me is.... I do not understand how my brother could be so... cruel."
"He did?"
"That is what I heard. Amethyst was speaking to Jason and I simply listened in."
Tony sighed. "There's times, Thor, when people who you think, won't cross certain lines.... DO cross those barriers of sanity and humanity. Or in your case.... Asgardian-ness."
Thor gave a deep sigh. "Might I ask you to not speak of this to the others?"
"Of course." Tony said. "You have my word"
"Thank you Tony" Thor said. Loki had crossed that barrier. Abusing Amy, his daughter, was simply something Thor couldn't fathom a true Asgardian; no matter how far gone; could do. Poor Amy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You’re such a tease" Jay said as he walked in. He look flustered about something.
"What do you mean a tease?" Amy said. She was on his heels and appeared to be pestering him.
Tony snorted at the idea of Amy being a tease. Since he could tell she clearly was not. "Kid!"
"What?" Jay asked
"Do you even know what tease means in the way you are using it?" Tony asked
"Yeah....um.... kinda. Sorta?" Jay said.
"Then you should know.... Amy is far from a tease" Tony said smirking.
"UH HELLO!" Amy said waving her arms up and down. "Amy right here! What are you talking about?”
"You’re not a tease Aims." Tony said. "If anything, to Jay, you're a hard to get"
Amy flushed with embarrassment as her Uncle laughed. Jay did too.
"A tease is more..... Rated R so to speak. Jay, don't call her that kid" Tony said
Amy glared at jay and hit his arm. "You suck!"
"Hey! I thought it.... uhhhhh!!!" Jay said rubbing his bruise.
Thor and Tony just laughed.
It turned out to be a pretty normal day. The team took a break and went to Central Park to hang out. Tony stayed at the mansion with Pepper, and Clint and Natasha stayed together the whole time. Steve stayed at the mansion and worked out.
Thor and Bruce stuck by Amy and Jay. Bruce wasn't too keen about the Ghost but he dealt with it. He liked Amy though. He loved how innocent she was. Thor like both of them. Jay was funny, and Amy was his niece. It was a good pair.
The day at the park turned into an Amy and Jay snow ball fight and the adults sitting on the bench talking. For December, it wasn't too cold out. But Amy and Jay both agreed that it was rather nice. Bruce thought it was too cold to be outside. And Thor didn't really care.
Jay aimed a snow ball at Amy and missed, only to get Bruce in the back of the head. He then spent 10 minutes hiding from him. Amy simply laughed and tackled Jay.
"Pinned ya!" she said as she fell on top of him. She got off and helped him up afterwards but it made both blush a little.
The laughter of a few boys turned their attention. Jay frowned. "That's mean laughter" he said.
"Wanna check it out?" Amy asked.
So the pair left the 2 Avengers to talk and went off to see what was going on.
They saw 3 teenagers throwing snowballs at something. It was small and black and hiding in a snow bank. Amy looked closer and saw the face of a small black cat. It looked full gown but it was just small.
"Why don't you guys go get high or something" Jay said as he walked forward.
"Why should we?" Asked the "Leader".
Amy gave them a death glare that only her father could truly pull off. "Because we said so"
"y...yeah... ok" one of the others said and they ran off in fear.
Amy smiled as Jay turned. "What did you?" He asked.
Amy simply went and picked up the cat. "Aren't you just adorable?" she cooed.
"I bet Tiger would eat that guy" Jay said, referring to the big orange tabby cat they had at home.
Amy rolled her eyes. "He's yours. I want this one"
"That's up to Tony, Amy" Jay said.
"Since when are you a leader?" Amy teased. "Besides. I like the color."
"He's a basement cat!" Jay said. "A black cat?"
"Tiger's an orange cat" Amy retorted. "And you like him"
Jay pouted. "That one's bad. He should be white."
"So if a white cat is good" Amy said. "Then it must be Asgardian. Then Tiger would be Midgardian" She giggled. "What's this one? From Jotunheim?" she giggles uncontrollably. "I thought it was blue!"
Jay turned red from embarrassment. "Whatever" He said. "Just..... TAKE HIM HOME FOR ALL I CARE!"
Amy jumped from the sudden outburst. "I... I was just kidding Jay"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay stormed back to the others. "Stupid Amy. Stupid cat. Stupid Jotunheim!" He thought. It wasn't her fault... she didn't know. But still. Amy shouldn't have opened her big mouth. As he stormed past, Thor asked what was wrong. "Amy found a cat and wants to keep it" Jay said and sat in the snow. As Amy came up he looked down and started playing with the cold white comforting powder. He wished he could tell her, but what he was... was the enemy of her uncle. He sighed and flopped in the snow.
Amy bent down and looked him in the eye. "I'm sorry Jay" she said. "I didn't mean to make you feel bad or embarrassed. Can you forgive me?"
Jay blushed. She was too cute to stay mad at. He sat up and nodded. "I forgive you" he said.
Amy smiled. "Can I still keep Mjölnir?" she asked.
"You named after the hammer?" Jay asked.
"It fits" Amy said. "She's a black cat. Known for being mystical. Well... so is uncle hammer"
Jay rolled his eyes and shook his head as he got up. "I wonder about you Amy"
"What?" Amy said.
Jay laughed. "You're so weird"
"says the one who keeps his room 30 degrees!" Amy defended.
"I'm a polar bear!" Jay said. "What do you expect?!"
"So am I!" Amy said. "I love the snow but I don't try to call the Ice Queen to my room!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thor and Bruce just stared with tilted heads. Jay called witches to his room? Amy a polar bear? What? As they walked home, Thor asked her about it. It only made giggle more. "There's 3 categories for Midgardians, Uncle. 1 is called polar bear. It simply means that the person loves the cold, the snow, and their favorite season is winter. Me and Jay are polar bears.^^ Then there's the Desert creature, like Tony and Steve. They love the heat and their favorite season is summer. The 3rd is kinda like Bruce. He likes anything and doesn't have a favorite season. They're called Everything Nothings"
Thor pondered this. "What if one's favorite season is the time when my father is not in OdinSleep?"
"Ummmmm....." Amy said. "I'm not sure"
"If it only is acquired to Midgardians, then perhaps I am the Everything Nothing type. I enjoy all of the seasons of Midgard."
"Cool" Amy said, laughing at how naïve her uncle could be to human things.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A week passed and the Avengers had a mission to go on. Pepper grumbled at the rudeness of the villain. "How dare he interrupt the season" she said.
Tony laughed. "We'll be back sweetheart. I promise" he gave her a kiss and flew off.
They found Abomination crashing a deep space telescope in the more open part of the New York state.
"Now night be a good time to let him loose Banner!" Tony called.
Amy stared. "But I thought he...."
She was cut off by a mighty roar. The big green ogre raced for the Abomination and tackled him to the ground. They wrestled for a few minutes until Abomination threw Hulk down the hill making him hit a tree.... snapping it in two.
Thor threw his hammer and it hit the creature's head. It roared and when for him. Jay appeared in front of her uncle and stuck out his tongue. "Gotta go through me monster!" The Ghost said.
Abomination turned for Jay and he disappeared. "I'm over here!"
Jay had snuck past using his invisibility and reappeared on a hill. He waited for Abomination to get close and sunk down into the earth, only to reappear at the base with Steve on the other side. They took a cord and ran the opposite direction of the creature. Abomination fell backwards and landed on Thor's hammer, it got up groggy as Hulk came back and forcefully hit him on the head, knocking him out. It made Amy cringe. She never realized how violent the other side of Bruce was. As Bruce, well... he has shy, kind, super smart..... But Hulk... he was scary, cruel and kinda dumb. "It must be hard being 2.... People" Amy thought.
The S.H.E.I.L.D helicarrier took Abomination away and Hulk became Bruce again. As the team went back to the mansion, Bruce made a valid point. "Doesn't anyone think it's odd that our enemies keep attacking our defenses?"
"Hmm." Tony thought. "Good point. I'll have Jarvis look at all the areas they've attacked." His eyes narrowed. "Abomination is too stupid to plan anything and he's not the one to attack a telescope for no reason. There's some one behind this"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christmas was just around the corner and Amy was heading out to buy gifts for the team. Jay ran downstairs screaming “I didn't take it man!!!!" Bruce was chasing him, obviously upset. "JAY! You're the only one who could!" As Jay came around the corner he whispered to Amy. "It's your fault I'm gonna die" And he ran off to hide form Bruce.
"Bruce, what's wrong?" Amy asked.
"He stole the photo again!" Bruce said.
Amy put her hands on his. "Please don't hurt him. We'll find it ok?" She kissed him on the cheek. "I'll help look for it ok? It has to be in the house somewhere"
Jay looked back and saw Amy kiss Bruce on the cheek. Ironically Thor was also present at the time. They simply stared and wondered. As Amy exited Bruce went back to his room. Amy started to laugh like crazy as she headed for the mall. "Oops" She said. "Poor Jay" She headed the photo shop to get Bruce's frame fixed. It really was her fault. She had convinced Jay to take the photo in the first place. She had it in her purse the whole time. She just hoped Bruce could keep calm for the next week until she returned it to him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before the gang new it, Christmas had come. Amy ran downstairs in one of Thor shirts that she stole and sat by the tree with Jay. They were both like little children. As Thor and Tony came down Thor smiled. "It is a wonder how you Midgardians become so excited for this custom"
Tony admired it. Even he was a bit exited at the fact of opening his gifts.
Once breakfast was over, all 8 members sat in the family room around the tree. Steve was first because Tony insisted that since he was the 1st avenger he was also the 1st receiver of the gifts.
Tony tossed him one smiling slyly. "You need it Cap"
Steve tore off the paper and revealed a book. He read the title. "Girls..... For dummies?"
"Trust me Cap" Tony said. "You need it buddy"
Jay and him started laughing. Amy stayed smiled.... or tried to.
Steve blushed. He was a bit bad with the ladies but this was just embarrassing. Dammit Stark. He continued to open the rest.
"My turn" Amy said and took a gift from the tree. She handed it to Steve. "I know you still do" She said and sat back down. Steve opened it carefully and smiled. It was an advanced drawing set. Complete with all sorts of pencils and whatnots for gray-scale drawing. "Thank you Amy" Steve said. He smiled a bit bigger. It was nice that Amy knew he still drew. Even if his drawings were mostly of Agent Carter.
"My turn!" Tony said. He got 3 gifts. The best was a whisper from Pepper, 1 was from Bruce and the other was from Amy.
When it was Thor's turn Amy gave his a small rope. It was connected to an Amethyst Crystal and looked very cool for being a necklace. Of course Thor didn't use it as a necklace. He wrapped it around his hammer and was very thankful to have it. He received a hug and gave Amy her gift. It was a dagger. Amy was happy. Her old use was dull and broken and she needed a new one anyway. "Thank you Uncle" she said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The others opened their gifts blah blah blah... it was finally Amy's turn. (Jay had to be last since he was still the newbie. But he got stuff too.)
Tony gave her a $150 ITunes card, Steve got her a book called the history of music. (Typical). Bruce gave her a box of chocolate, Pepper got her a new swimsuit since the one Amy borrowed form Natasha "Mysteriously" disappeared. The one pepper got was a purple tankini with black leopard designs. When Jay handed Amy his gift for her, he said "I hope you like it" Amy tore open the paper and saw a small white box. As she opened it she laughed. "Jay this is awesome!" She hugged him and took out her new IPod Touch.
"Ok" Amy said. "Now I have to give you something"
Jay tilted his head. "You don't have to"
Amy leaned forward and placed her lips on his. "Merry Christmas Jason" she said after pulling back.
Jay went red as a tomato and blink.
The others went into a fit of laughter and Amy hugged him again.
Once all the gifts were open the team just sat around the mansion relaxing. Some didn't even bother to get dressed. Amy had to because she had to pick up a very special gift for one of the guys. As she came back she saw Jay hiding behind the couch. She couldn't help laughing as Jay looked at her in annoyance. "Just give her back before I'm squished. PLEASE!"
Amy nodded and walked to the kitchen. Bruce was face down on the counter mumbling something. Tony was next to him with a hand on his back talking to him. "Oh boy" Amy sighed. "What'd Jay do this time?"
Bruce mumbled something and sat up frowning.
Amy smiled. "I forgot to give you this" She said and handed him a small brown square-ish gift. Bruce sighed and opened it. Staring back at him was his girl. Betty Ross. Her photo at least. It had been refurbished to look like it was just taken. The old gold frame had also been polished to look like new. He looked and smiled. "You"
"It wasn't Jay's fault." Amy said. "I...... tempted him to. Besides. It got broken when he took it last time so I thought you'd like it to be fixed. You're not mad? Are you?"
Bruce smiled. "Of course not... this is.... thank you"
Tony laughed. "You are sly little Miss Amy"
Amy rolled her eyes. "Yeah ok. Merry Christmas Bruce" She said and happily left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That night, Amy wanted to try her new swimsuit. So after hanging out with Jay most of the time and kinda getting on a sugar-high from the chocolate (It didn't last long), the pair decided to ask Tony if he'd let them use the Jacuzzi. He said yes and Amy went to change.
They spent way too long in the hot water, laughing and having a good time. When Tony kicked them out so he and Pepper could use it they went to go change. Jay ended up running into a wall because he was so light headed. "What was I doing?" He asked as he held his head.
Amy laughed and grabbed his hand. They were outside her room but it looked as if she'd have to guide Jay to his. "Walking Jay" She smiled but as she looked up her smile faded. "Jay?"
"What?" he asked, looking in her eyes. They were so pretty.
"Your face is blue-ish" she said.
"Damn! It is?" Jay asked.
"Well yeah... did you open your eyes under water? They look a little red"
Jay looked away. "Dammit"
"Jason?" Amy asked and put her hand on his cheek. "What's wrong... you're hiding something."
"I... I gotta get to my room" he said. He tried to get there but didn't even see the open door to Amy's room and walked right into it.
"Oh Jay" Amy sighed, shaking her head. "Come here" She dragged him into her room. "Sit"
He sat on the edge of her bed and looked up at her. The blue was gone in his face and his eyes looked more tired than red at this point. "Sorry I..."
"Hush" Amy said. "Talk to me Jay. What's going on?"
"Um..." Jay blushed.
Amy sighed. "Right." She went into the bathroom that was connected to her room and came back in her Uncle's shirt. "Please tell me Jay"
Jay sighed. "I.... I don't know got it... but.... I have this weird ability." He said looking at his hand. "My parents said that's all it was. A... rogue ability that I had no control over but I knew they were hiding something."
Amy listened closely. "What was it?"
"Being adopted, I never knew my roots. My parents never told me.... and I guess they didn't want to. I remember the first time it happened. It was a Christmas, I was 12 or 13. And was playing with me friends out by the park. Well, there was a lake there and we liked to skate on it with just our socks. We were all polar bears and stupid kids so we didn't see the harm in it. But that day, the ice must have been thinner because only after a few minutes, it started to crack, most of my friends got off ok but there was one that too little. My little sister. Her foot got stuck in a small hole. I told her to stay there and for the others to get someone. I tried to get her but...."
Amy let a small gasp escape her "did she.... fall in?"
"No" Jay said. "I got her off.... but I fell. I broke through. My parents got there just as I fell so I wasn't in more than a minute but... I lost my friends because of it. When I got out, they were afraid of me. I didn't know why.... even my little sister looked afraid. My parent grounded me for a week for skating and for the same reason that my friend feared me. When I got home I went to the bathroom to dry off. When I saw my reflection... hell... I was afraid. I was blue..... Like the actual color blue. Ice blue and my eyes were like demon red. It only lasted a week but still.... I became a loner after that." Jay took a deep breath. His head was starting to clear, which was good. "Then when the fire happened 3 years ago.... people though I caused it because I changed again. Kinda like now.... I guess the heat made me change. They called me the blue demon and they thought I killed my family since they were the only ones taken by the fire. I figured if they thing Jason Porter was a ghost then so be it. So I started haunting the apartments."
"Oh Jay" Amy said and leaned against him. "I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. I know what it's like being called a demon and losing everything." She put her arm around her. "But you're not a demon Jay. You're my best friend and nothing will ever change that. I promise." She kissed him on the cheek. "I gotta get to bed ok?"
"K" Jay said. He smiled and went to leave. Part of him was so glad to have Amy but another part was sad too. She said best friend... nothing will ever change that. Did that mean no boyfriend? He sighed. Maybe he would ask her.... eventually.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy sighed as Jay left the room. What was it that she felt with him? She thought she only felt that with Max. Was she moving on? Was she forgetting Max? She could barely remember his face and recently stopped listening to "Black is the Colour". What was this? Was this love? Did she feel comfortable moving on after searching for Max for so long? What if she met him later? What would she do if she found herself dating Jay? These and many more questions, raced through Amy's mind as she took the medicine Bruce gave her. Maybe it would help the questions go away. As she fell asleep, the questions got more and more intense.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay struggled to go to sleep. He tossed and turned in his bed for hours thinking about what he told Amy. It was the truth, but the truth hurt. He thought about the fire and his little sister being scare of him. He shivered for the first time in years and felt himself falling. He hit the ground hard and groaned as he hit his head on something. He sat up and held his head for a bit then went to get up. He yelled as he saw a pair of legs and above that was the barrel of a gun. "What the hell are you doing?" It was Natasha. Her room was under Jay's apparently.
"Oops" Jay said. "Sorry Nat, I phased through the bed on accident."
"Get out" she said, not lowering the gun. "NOW"
"Yeah yeah" Jay said and stumbled for the door phasing thought it like it wasn't even there. He was too tired to care about anything right now; especially Natasha yelling at him. All of a sudden he heard a scream and a thump for the upper floor. "AMY!" he said and raced for her room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thor jumped as he heard the scream. He got up and opened his door to see Jay running past. "It's Amy" The Ghost said. Thor followed and went in. All the 2 saw was a vibrating heap of blankets by her bed.
"Amy?" Jay asked and touched the mound.
"Leave me alone! Stay away from me!" Amy said.
Jay was pushed back by some sort of force and was hurt. Was this because of what he told her?
"Do not be afraid Amethyst" Thor said as he knelt down. "It is I and Jason" He reached for the blanket and pulled it back to reveal a terrified Amy huddled up and actually kind of adorable. She looked up and fell into his arms. "I'm scared Uncle." She said. "It was so real..."
"What was?" Jay asked
"My father" Amy said. "I saw him... he... he was standing by the door. The city was in flames..." She trialed off as she cried.
Thor hugged her tightly. "It is alright Amethyst. You are safe here" His pocket buzzed and he took out his card once Amy had calmed down.
"What happened?" asked a very sleepy Tony Stark.
"Amy had a vision" Thor said.
Up popped Bruce's face. "I thought I told her to take that stuff every night."
"I... I did" Amy said. "But it didn't work"
"I'll look at in the morning. Just try and get some sleep" He yawned and it turned back to Tony.
"What he said" tony replied and the screen went black.
Amy sighed. "I'm sorry for walking you guys up"
"I do not mind" Thor said.
"I was already up" Jay said. "Natasha was about to kill me so you gave a reason to keep my life"
"I'm not even gonna ask" Amy said looking up at him.
Jay smiled. Amy looked so adorable when she was scared. He felt weird thinking that but she really did.
"That may be wise" Thor said. He got up and put a hand on Jay making the kid jump. "Jason, perhaps you could stay with my niece for the night. It may help her sleep since you are close friends"
Jay went red.... he couldn't really say no to the god of thunder. "Um sure"
Amy blushed too. She smiled and got up. "I'd like that"
Thor nodded and left. "Sleep well Amethyst"
"I'll try" she said.
After helping Amy fix her blankets, Jay smiled. "Soooo....uh"
"You don't have to stay if you don't want" Amy said.
"I did say I didn't" He said.
"So you do?" Amy asked.
"Um" Jay blushed.
Amy sighed. "Look just stay if you want go if you want I don't care"
Jay looked down. "Ok..."
"Get in" Amy said as she got in bed.
Jay joined her and awkwardly stared at the ceiling.
"Night Jay" Amy said turning off the light.
"Yup" he said not looking away. He was currently focused on counting all the little dots on the ceiling. (More like felling really awkward.)
As sleep took control, Jay relaxed.... or at least until Amy cuddled against him for warmth. Then he tensed up again.... until sleep kidnapped his mind.