Status: Active

19 You and Me

"You wear your best apology, But I was there to watch you leave."

Lacy was sitting at her favorite coffee spot, one block away from her place, when her phone buzzed against the wooden table.

She looked at the name and gave a slight smile.

“Hi,” Lacy said into her phone.

“Lacy, where are you?” John asked standing outside her black door. He jumped inside the building when an older lady left, but he couldn’t get her to answer her door.

“I’m at Luna,” Lacy said looking around. “Why?”

“I’m at your place,” John said quickly into the phone. She heard him close the door and was out on the street. “I thought you were ignoring me.”

“I wouldn’t ignore you John,” She said as her pale pink lips tugged downward.

“I’ll see you soon,” John said before hanging up.

She sighed and knew they’d have to talk about what happened in person, eventually. She just wasn’t sure if she wanted to do just yet. But it looked like it was happening whether she was ready or not.

They texted off and on for two weeks, but hadn’t called each other or seen one another.

“Hi,” John said sitting in the seat across from the blonde.

“Hi John,” She said quietly.

“Look, everything I’ve said to you in your apartment was true,” John said running a hand through his recently cut hair.

“Well, recently you’ve had a shitty way of showing it,” Lacy said.

John nodded and ran a hand through his messy brown hair. His hazel eyes caught her bright green ones and he frowned.

Reaching across the table, he took her small hand and ran his calloused fingers over her soft skin.

“I know, but I have my entire band schedule on my phone, everyday that’s not a music day is a Lacy and John day.”

“Can I see it?” Lacy asked.

He smiled and nodded before taking out his phone, entering his code, and pulling up the calendar.

“I need coffee, want a refill?”

Lacy shook her head no and watched as his 6’2” frame walked across the café. Black skinny jeans covered his long legs, and his red and black plaid shirt was rolled at the sleeves. She watched as two teens recognized him and giggled as he smiled and said hello.

The one grabbed her phone and they took turns grabbing a photo before they ran off grinning.

Lacy smiled a small smile and sighed. She shook her head to clear her head before looking back at the calendar.

Sliding back into his seat, he slid a plate across the wooden surface. Lacy looked up to see a peanut butter cookie; she smiled at the boy before taking apiece off and eating it.

“Thank you Johnny,” He grinned before taking a sip of his drink.

“So, what do you think?” He asked nodding toward the phone.

“Looks like you’re all mine for the next week.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, not the best and kind of short, but the next one jumps ahead a bit.
What did you think? What do you think will happen next?

Biggest thank you to arizonaskies for always commenting!
Thank you to all my readers out there, I wish I knew who you were, even if you just commented to say hi! I want to thank you all!