Status: Active

19 You and Me

"And all the times I let you in, just for you to go again."

Lacy was folding some tee shirts and placing them into the large black suitcase on the navy comforter when she looked up and saw John watching her, holding a plaid shirt in his calloused hands.

“What?” She asked, blushing at his stare.

“I don’t want to leave you,” He said before he sighed.

“I don’t want you to leave me either, but it’s your job.” She said dropping the shirt and walking around the bed. She wrapped her arms around his skinny frame and pushed her face into his chest.

His arms came up and wrapped themselves around her, one hand cupping the back of her head while the other around her shoulders.

“Lace,” John said.

“What Johnny?” She asked quietly.

“Do you trust me?”

She pulled back from his chest and looked up at him. “Yes,” She said nodding.

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her. She smiled as his lips met hers.

The white van was parked outside of John’s apartment; Lacy felt her eyes watering up. She tried to brush them away when John walked back toward her.

He saw her though and felt his stomach knot up. He shoved his hands into his super tight jean pockets and took a deep breath, releasing it slowly through his lips.

“It’s just for a month, then I’ll be home for two.” He said taking one hand out of the dark denim and placing it on the side of her neck. His thumb rubbed up and down the smooth skin, causing chills down her spine.

She nodded and pushed her hands into her hoodie pocket. “Yeah, it’ll go by quick.” She said trying to smile.

He half smiled and put the other hand on her shoulder, tugging her into his body. “I’ll text and call you everyday,” He said before placing a kiss on the top of her blonde curls.

“You promise?” She asked, her voice cracked and she knew her eyes were about to explode with tears.

“I promise Lacy.” John said before tipping her head back and kissing her lips. “Don’t cry Darlin’,” John said softly.

She tried to smile but shook her head. “I’ll miss you,” Lacy said softly.

“I’ll miss you too,” The van behind them honked, John flipped them off before kissing Lacy again. “I got to go,” He said picking up his small duffel at her feet.

She gave a small wave and wrapped her arms around herself, watching as he climbed into the van and they drove off to pick up Kennedy.

“I love you,” She whispered as the van drove out of sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, yes this is super short and it's been forever. I'm so sorry.
Life has been so crazy, work has been non-stop and today is the first day in awhile I'm sitting on my couch watching the rain fall and finally relaxing.
I'm working on the next chapter and will try to get that up today or tomorrow.

Thanks for sticking with me lovely readers!
Thank you to m-attie for the lovely comment :)
And thank you to my subscribers, it means a lot to me.
Love you all!