Loyal to a Forgotten King

Cat Fight

Angela sighed. For the past year since Loki was taken by SHIELD she had slowly become friends with Darcy, Jane Foster's assistant. Every weekend, when Darcy wasn't working, she'd stay at Angela's place. Well Angela got a great job offer that paid an amazing amount and she accepted. Darcy went along with her since she needed cash too and Angela said she'd split the pay with her. It caused for some manual work but it was fine with the girls. They figured it would be fairly simple to help a family move. When they got there a little girl immediately hugged them. Darcy cringed and Angela gigged. "Hey sweetie"
"Are you gonna help us move?" The little girl asked.
"Yup" Darcy said and wriggled free.
Angela picked her up and huggled her. "You’re so cute"
"Put my daughter down please" A man said. Angela stared at him. He looked like wolverine for the x-men. She gently set down the little girl. "Sorry. She's really cute"
"Thanks" The man said. "I'm Aaron." He held out his hand.
"Angela and Darcy" Angela answered.
"You look way too cool to be called Aaron" Darcy said shaking his hand after Angela did.
"Um. Thank you... I think" Aaron said.
"Darcy be nice" Angela said. "Sorry for my friend she can be a bit rude"
Darcy glared at her. "and you're full of bull crap fluff" she thought.
"It's quite alright" Aaron said. "I like being called cool"
Darcy smiled at Angela as if to say 'I told you so'. Aaron laughed. "It seems you two have a rivalry rather than a friendship. I like a bit of a competition every now and then"
"You enjoy a lot of competition" a woman said.
"This is my wife, Sara" Aaron said.
"Nice to meet you and thank you so much for helping" Sara said.
"Of course" Angela said.
They were set to work and it started out great at first. About 1/2 way through, they topped for lunch.
"Wow best food ever!" Darcy said as she took a bite, nodding her consent.
Aaron laughed. "Sara is an excellent cook"
"I have to admit this is great" Angela said.
"Oh guys you're embarrassing me" Sara said blushing. "I'm not that good. Oh Ares don't forget the arms downstairs"
Aaron gave her a look.
"Oops" Sara said. "what I meant was the Ares themed arms downstairs"
"Arms... like actual arms?" Darcy asked.
"Weapons are sometimes referred to as arms" Angela said talking a bite.
"You know a lot about weapons?" Aaron asked.
"Meh" Angela said. "I know random facts about a lot of things... a jack of a trades of sort"
"She's a big mythology geek too so if you have Ares themed stuff she's gonna want to see it" Darcy said.
Angela look down. "Yeah that'd be kinda cool"
"I'd be proud to show my collection" Aaron said.
"Why do you have a room full of weapons in the first place?" Darcy asked.
"It’s a bit of a hobby" Aaron replied.
"You know how some people collect knives or guns?" Sara asked."Ar...ron likes to collect different weapons"
Angela smiled. She knew what this couple was hiding. As she looked across the table at their little girl she smiled. "You have a beautiful daughter"
"Thank you" Sara said. "I bet your children will be equally beautiful"
Angela was not expecting this and turned red. "Oh um.... thanks"
Darcy scuffed. "If she ever gets over her crush"
"I never had neither do I now, a crush on him!" Angela huffed.
"Yeah ok. I heard how he kissed you" Darcy smiled.
"Well he got a slap in the face for it" Angela said.
This make Aaron roar in laughter. "You have quite a fight in you Angela."
"So does Darcy. Her words could cut steel sometimes" Angela said.
"A woman who acts instead of barks like a little dog is more effective." Aaron said. "And much more respectable"
Angela blushed again. "Well this guy was a liar and a thief so..."
"So about this collection" Darcy said getting off the topic. "What kind of stuff do you collect?"
"Older weapons of war.” Aaron said. "Spears, swords, helmets"
"Helmets?" Angela asked.
"Are these even legal?" Darcy added.
Angela gave her a look but Aaron nodded. "Yes. And also a yes to the young girl's question" He looked at Angela. "Would you like me to show you?"
"Yes please" Angela said. "Wow Ares is going to show me his weapons" She thought. "I got to meet 2 gods in the course of my life... wow" she knew all too well who Aaron was. She respected the fact that he had to hide his name. Although he was a very respectable man, he was the Greek god of WAR. He stood and took her inside. Darcy stayed out with Sara. "Are you sure she'll be alright?"
"Oh yeah." Sara said. "My husband may be a bit eccentric and dangerous if he's angry but he isn't a bad man. A true gentleman really"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Oh wow" Angela said as she saw the Spartan war helmet. "This looks like it could be in a museum."
"It's an original" Aaron said.
"I'm not surprised" Angela said. "You Are old enough"
"Huh?" Aaron asked.
"I'm not fooled" Angela said. "You look just like the various statues and paintings of Ares the god of war"
Ares laughed. "So you found my secret?"
"You can trust me though" Angela said. "I can keep a secret. It's is a great honor to meet such a god as yourself."
"The pleasure is all mine" Ares said. "Am I the first you've met?"
"I met another but... he wasn't as noble as yourself. He was a trickster"
"Do you mean Hermes?" Ares asked. "He is known as the trickster in Olympus"
"Different mythology" Angela said. "Less known than the great gods of Olympus. And less respectable"
Ares smiled. "Ah I see. When did you figure me out?" He picked up one of his broad swords and leaned on it.
"When you wife said you name" Angela stated. "I knew you looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. Hearing your name sparked my memory. Darcy was right. I am a big mythology geek"
"You are very intelligent" Ares said. "I admire a woman with intelligence. If I didn't know better I'd say you were one of Athena's descendants."
"Yeah no" Angela said. "I'm no goddess. They are much more beautiful than me."
"Oh please" Ares said. "Even my wife recognized your beauty."
"You keep making me blush" Angela said looking down and turning red.
Ares laughed again. He had the deep kind of laugh you could imagine a god might have. "You’re a very interesting young woman. I think you'll enjoy this" He turned and took out a decorative dagger and presented it to Angela. "It would be best if a woman as eye catching as you had some means of defense" 990752 ((dagger))
"oh wow" Angela said and took it. She unsheathed it and smiled. "This is... it’s very decorative"
"It's also an original. Made in Athens in the golden times of Rome. It was meant for ladies in waiting to ward against unkind suitors"
"thank you" Angela said. "It very nice of you"
Ares nodded and gave her a belt to put the dagger on. They came back outside and Darcy looked at her like she was crazy. "He gave you a knife?"
"So?" Angela asked." It's a nice gift" She smiled. The real reason was probably because she figured him out.
As they continued working Angela saw another man walking towards him. "Um... Aaron?"
Ares looked up. "Oh no. What are you doing here"
The man smiled. "Is that any way to greet a fellow member?"
"For you, yes" Ares said, setting down a box and standing up.
"Who's this?" Darcy asked.
Angela studied him. Based on the general look of the guy he must have been another god.
"A colleague of mine" Ares said. "Peter"
The man raised an eyebrow. "You do realize having others around too long could have consequences"
It clicked for Angela at the fake name. "Ares had chosen a name with the same 1st letter, A. So if this god had the same first letter, P for his real name, then" she widened her eyes. "This guy's Poseidon? Really?" She was not impressed and shook her head. "Believe me we're not a threat... not for this guy"
"He's got a whole room of weapon" Darcy said. "If we piss him off, we're screwed."
"You have no idea" Poseidon and Angela said in sync. Angela more mumbled it quietly but the god still heard her say it. He looked at her suspiciously. "And you know this how?"
Ares stepped in before Angela could answer; to her great relief. "These two are just helping me pack up. It's time for me to go home. They simply know a soldier when they see one"
"A soldier?" Poseidon asked. "Please..."
"Just get to the point" Ares said. "What do you want"
Sara came up behind and took Angela and Darcy inside. "This could get bad" She whispered. Darcy looked terrified but Angela looked more interested. "What happened?"
"A bit of an issue between their older children" Sara replied.
Angela cringed and Darcy hid behind her. "This IS going to be bad isn't it? Oh Please don't be like the metal man and Thor"
Angela bit her lip. "It very well may be..."
Sara looked at her. "What do you mean?" She looked over. "Darcy could you watch Diana for me?"
"Sure" Darcy said and went to babysit the little girl.
"If I know my mythology right" Angela said.
"You know?" Sara asked.
"His name gave it away... well actually you did" Angela answered. She looked outside and the conversation was getting heated.
"Oops" Sara said.
"It's alright but if this is what I think it is... don't you think we might need to get a little farther away?" Angela asked.
Sara raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps"
"In the myths, Poseidon's son tried to rape Ares daughter. Based on their attitudes and the fact that in the myth, it was the only conflict these two had, I have a feeling this is the reason Poseidon has come here"
"How'd you know it's him?" Sara asked.
"To be honest I’m not impressed." Angela answered. "The key was their earth names. Ares used an A for the first letter in his fake name, Aaron and the only god I can think of with a P as the first letter in his name is Poseidon. Ares called him Peter, using the first letter of his true name."
"Wow" Sara said. "You’re good. You guessed the god... and the reason"
"I really am a big mythology nerd" Angela said. "I know my myths... except for Norse myths. I really think that they got it horribly wrong"
"Down!" Sara yelled and pulled Angela to the floor. Ares came flying into the window. Darcy screamed and ran off with the little girl.
Ares stood and a spear materialized in his hand. Poseidon materialized from his earthly self to his godly self and he was much more impressive.
"damn" Angela said. She stood up and cringed. A piece of glass had hit her but she was able to pull it out with some ease.
Sara stood up and helped the girl down stairs. "You’re hurt" Sara said.
"I'll be fine" Angela said.
"Are you kidding?" Sara asked. "Look how deep it is" She insisted on wrapping it up. The fight upstairs only lasted a few minutes and the conclusion was a court meeting about this with the 12 gods as witness. Ares asked if Angela needed to go to the hospital and insisted on paying for her damage. The exact words out of his mouth were. "Let me pay for the damage I have caused you" It actually made Angela laugh which hurt but Ares insisted. As did Darcy for making her have heart attack. She handed Diana off to Sara and Ares gave them double what he promised. "Thank you for helping ladies" He said. "But now we must part paths. My uh... colleague and I have court to go to"
As they left Darcy complained. "What a weirdo. You should sue him for hurting you!"
"Um... that's ok" Angela said.
"Well at least he gave us double” Darcy said. "Geez you meet the weirdest people Angela"
"Um sorry?" She asked. She sighed as Darcy left for the week. The glass wound wasn't healing well and Angela was slowly losing a lot of blood. Every day she had to change her wrappings. By the end of the week, Angela's boss at the real estate agency started to worry about her. She was slower in her work and frequently went to the bathroom. So at the end of the day she pulled Angela aside.
"What's going on?" she asked.
"I uh... was babysitting a dog for some quick cash and it broke a mirror and uh... I fell into it?" Angela said.
"You’re a horrible liar" Her boss said.
"It's just a cut" Angela said. "It's taking time to heal that's all"
Her boss shook her head. "I'm giving you a leave of absence Angela. It can be a paid vacation until you side heals."'
Angela sighed. "Fine" as she walked home she passed the college. She saw Susan coming towards her and pulled her arms closer to her body to hide her side. The last thing she needed was Susan to see she was hurt. The closer Susan got the faster Angela walked until Susan cut in front of her. "So you lied about nothing between you and Liam. I'm not surprised"
What! NO!" Angela said and turned away. "I'm different now"
"You sure about that?" Susan smirked.
Angela walked around her. "You don't know anything about me Susan! You're horrible." She shoved her hands in her pockets and didn't realize that her wound had soaked threw her black shirt and got blood on her arm. When she looked down she tried to wipe it off it only got worse and just spread her blood around making it look worse.
"So not only are you knocked up, you're also cutting" Susan said catching up to Angela.
"Excuse me?" Angela asked.
"Slut" Susan said. "That's you title now isn't it?"
Angela raised her hand and struck Susan hard. The blood on her hand leaving a print on her rival's face. "Go to hell" Angela said. She went home after that. She changed her bandage and threw up because of the pain. Even though she needed to rest she went back to the college. She was fed up with Susan. As her rival came into view Angela pulled up her shirt to show her wrapping. "Proof enough Susan? I don't have a kid."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darcy had been watching when Angela came back to the college. She joined the other students to watch the cat fight and was shocked when Angela pulled up her shirt.
"How do we know that it's not a scar from an abortion?" Susan asked.
Angela's face turned red with anger. "You're a bitch! I earned this through hard work! Helping another! All you do is spread shitty rumors and help you self! You don't know the meaning of work! Or Pain! I bet the only tool you've ever lifted was yourself off of another’s body!"
The crowed went "OHHH!" At the statement. Angela continued.
"The only you and I have in common is that our parents bathe in money. Unlike you who hasn't a care in the world since her parents baby her and coddled her all her life, my parents cut me off the moment I was born. I've had to work my whole life for the money I have! I'm not a greedy little princess like you!" she looked at Susan in the eye. "I see that you haven't wiped off my mark." Angela's bloody hand print was still on Susan's face. "You deserve more than a Slap Susan! I should give you another" Angela raised her hands and Susan fell on her knees, putting up her hands in defense.
"You look better on your knees" Angela said. "It suits you. I'm done with you Susan. Done with you shit! You've picked on me since I came to this worthless pile of bricks called a college. YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN A LIAR AND A THIEF!" Angela was done. She walked away leaving Susan on her knees, crying.
Angela put her cold hand to her side and though of the Norse myths. It said that Loki was a frost giant. She smiled. If it was true, his cold touch would have felt good on her sore. She shook her head and blushed hard. "Why am I still thinking about you?" she asked.
Darcy followed her to a small bench. Angela was crying.
"You got some guts" Darcy said.
"Whatever" Angela mumbled.
"What's wrong?" Darcy asked. "You just stood up to your tormentor"
"It just... hurts. It's taking too long to heal" Angela sniffed.
"Maybe you should go home and rest." Darcy suggested.
"Yeah maybe I should go home. My real home. In California" Angela said.
"Hey whoa wait what?!" Darcy asked. "I meant your apartment"
"I know you did. But I meant my real home. I haven't seen my parents since I was 16. Maybe they'll actually accept me this time. Dad will. He's always given me a shoulder to cry on"
"Is that what you want?" Darcy asked. "A hug?"
"I'm going to the apartment and packing my things" Angela said. "I want to be left alone for right now" She stumbled home and flopped down on her bed. Her side hurt so bad it made her cry. All she wanted was to have some attention right now. To answer Darcy's question; yes. Angela wanted a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG! It's such mess! We got Greek, Norse... will there be Egyptian?! read more to find out /.\ ugh...............