Status: Merry Christmas Noelle

The Fog

Imposter

Mya sat still. Her hands were chained to a pipe while her feet remained free. Her head rested against the metal of the large ship that had crashed onto the Earth, the inhabitants very much alive and working to get their technology back running. Letting out a soft breath she rolled her neck to loosen the muscles. Her hair was matted against her face, blood caked in the tangles, and she could smell death on her. Heavy footsteps forced her eyes open and she remained expressionless as a guard approached.

“The Chancellor will see you now.” His fingers fumbled with the keys.

“I won’t bite you,” she said quietly, a smile pulling at her lips. The man with dark hair gave her a side glance roughly grabbing her wrists to unlock the chains. Shoving her forward he made her lead the way through the small maze of dark walls. There was a small room where three people stood surrounding a metal table with papers and small objects littering its surface. Bellamy was the first to acknowledge her, brown eyes burning holes into her skin. The guard pressed a firm hand on her shoulder directing her to the chair reserved for her in the corner. Adjusting her arms he cuffed her wrists once more behind her back.

“Hello Mya.” A thin brunette woman stepped forward. Her skin was tan and her eyes were almond colored. Sweat covered her exposed flesh with bruises lining her arms and neck. Her frizzy hair was pulled out of her face. “My name is Abby Griffin. This is Marcus and Bellamy.”

“I know who you are.” Mya tilted her head back to stare at the ceiling. “Sky people.”

“We have a few questions for you. If you cooperate with us, we will be lenient with your punishment,” Marcus offered a kind smile. His dark hair was flecked with dirt and his face was sinking in slightly.

“Lenient with my punishment?” Mya laughed. “I have done nothing.”

“You kidnapped me,” Bellamy barked. Lazily she looked at him. “You held me hostage.”

“Technicality.” She shrugged.

“Bellamy told us that the mountain men knew you,” Abby interrupted Bellamy before he could speak, his words caught in his throat as she moved forward. “Are you familiar with them?”

“Depends on which familiarity you’re asking about.” Mya sat up straighter in the chair. “I’m familiar with how they kidnap grounders and turn them to reapers. I’m familiar with how they kill without remorse. I’m familiar with their brutality. They have guns, tasers, chemical weapons, but they are not able to venture without hazmat suits.”

“What else do you know about them?” Marcus was clearly intrigued. Bellamy stood in the background leaning against the table.

“I know they will come for you just like they come for us.”

“My daughter and 42 others were taken. Do you know if these mountain men are responsible?”

“I can guarantee that if the mountain men took them, they won’t live to tell you about it.” Mya watched Abby’s tough façade crumble. Turning away the older woman pressed her palms into the table to hold her steady. Marcus put a hand on her back and whispered something to her. Bellamy glared at the girl causing her to grin at him.

“It just doesn’t make sense to me,” Marcus began, his attention turning back to Mya as he let Abby collect herself. “How would the mountain men know your name? Grounders aren’t usually ones to sit and talk over a cup of coffee.”

“What’s coffee?” Mya scrunched up her face.

“It’s a beverage.” Marcus pinched the bridge of his nose. “Have you been captured by the men before?”

“I’ve hurt plenty of them, yes,” she answered with a nod.

“But how do they know you?!” Marcus’ voice echoed. He bent down so they were eye to eye. “Grounders don’t make friends.”

“That’s because she’s not a grounder.” Mya slowly leaned to the right in order to see who had entered the room. The girl with jet black hair stood next to a man Mya had not seen in several months. Instantly her blood ran cold and her eyes flashed in anger.

“Lincoln, Octavia,” Abby greeted them with a tight lipped smile.

“She’s not a grounder.” Octavia moved around the table swiftly and stood in front of the girl. “She’s an imposter.”

“I would watch how you speak to me,” Mya warned. “He can’t protect you forever.”

“She’s from the mountain,” Lincoln explained calmly. “She was part of an experiment. There was an explosion years ago that allowed her to escape from them. I found her hiding under the bridge Clarke blew up. Her name isn’t Mya.” Octavia shifted once Lincoln was at her side. He gazed down at the prisoner. “Tell them what your name is.”

“Go to hell.” She spat in his face. Octavia was the first to react, her fist colliding with Mya’s jaw. The chair tipped and she crashed to the floor. Bellamy jumped forward to hold back Octavia who was yelling profanities. Lincoln wiped the saliva from his cheek and knelt down. He brushed some of the hair out of her vision and she snapped her teeth. “Bastard! Don’t fucking touch me!”

“Lincoln,” Marcus started but Lincoln shook his head. Standing to his full height he turned on his heel to face the Chancellor.

“Her name is Noelle. Give her some time and she will help us find Clarke and the others.”

“How are you so sure?” Abby looked to the girl on the floor.

“She will.”

“You fucking asshole!” Noelle screamed as his retreating figure. “You left me to die! Traitor!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that was interesting.

A.