Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

ten.

Waking up the next morning, Hanna knew that Alex was going to be asleep for awhile.

Getting up slowly enough as to not disturb a sleeping Alex, Hanna gathered up her things and left the room.

Hanna sent Alex a quick text explaining why she had left, just as she had made her way down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Mommy and me class this morning, right?" Mrs. Gaskarth asked.

"Yes, which starts in about an hour," Hanna spoke, looking at the time. "Did you want to come with us?" she asked.

"I have nothing to do this afternoon, so I'll gladly go with you girls. Maybe we can grab lunch or something after?" Mrs. Gaskarth suggested.

"That sounds wonderful. I'm heading out now to get Katelynne from Jenny's. Did you want to ride with me or did you just want to meet us at the gym?" Hanna questioned.

"I have a few things to finish up here, but I shouldn't be long. I'll just meet you at the your house, then we can ride together."

"Awesome," Hanna said, kissing the older woman's cheek as she said goodbye.

When Hanna got home, she parked her car in the driveway, leaving enough for Moreen's car.

It wasn't long before Hanna was knocking on her neighbor's door to collect her daughter.

When Jenny had opened the door, Hanna heard little feet running towards the front door. "Mommy!"

"Katelynne," the mother responded, leaning down with open arms to catch and scoop up her young daughter. "I missed you, baby girl."

"I missed you too, Mommy. Miss Jenny let me sleep with a nightlight on and she read me three stories before bed. I got to play outside in the sandbox and go swimming in the big girl pool," the small girl exclaimed rapidly.

"Sounds like you had a lot of fun with Miss Jenny. Say thank you, because we have to go to the gym today. We're tumbling today. And, Nana's coming with us today," Hanna explained.

"I love Nana," Katelynne spoke, before getting herself free from her mother's arms to thank the other woman in the room.

Hanna thanked her best friend for watching her daughter and left the house, walking herself and the tiny girl to their own. Once inside, Hanna set her daughter up on her bed so that she would be able to keep an eye on her from the shower that was attached to the master bedroom. Hanna always wanted to be able to have eyes on her daughter, so when she was in the shower, Katelynne was set up on Hanna's king sized bed.

Once Hanna had showered and dressed herself for the day, she and Katelynne went down the stairs to the kitchen. While Hanna fixed herself something for breakfast, Katelynne stole a few blueberries from the container that her mother kept taking them from for her blueberry pancakes.

After breakfast was eaten and then cleaned up, Mrs. Gaskarth happened to knock on the door and let herself in. "Hanna, Katelynne," she called out.

"Nana!" Katelynne exclaimed, running towards the source of the voice.

"Princess," Moreen exclaimed, lifting the little girl up onto her hip when she came running.

"Mommy said that you were coming to the gym today," Katelynne exclaimed.

"Your mummy is right, Princess," Moreen spoke softly, a bright smile on her face. "Go get your mummy and we can be on our way," she continued.

"Mommy! Nana is here!" Katelynne yelled throughout the house as her little feet sped towards the kitchen.

"I know she is, princess. Now, let me put the dishes in the dishwasher and we can go," Hanna spoke softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is really just a filler chapter with a few small hints in it and I know that it's been an extremely long time since the last time that I've updated, but here's something at least. I've finally broken through that awful brick wall called writer's block and I've gained my confidence in writing back.

The reason that I stopped here is because I don't feel the need to write out the mommy and me class setting, and also because I'm going to skip ahead in the next chapter a little bit. It'll only skip ahead in the same day, but still... I'd prefer to transition it in a new chapter than this one.

xoxo, Codie