Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

seventeen.

The moment that Rian pulled into the driveway, Hanna found herself beginning to cry. She didn't want Katelynne to see her upset, so Hanna quickly brushed them away with the backs of her thumbs.

"You okay?" Rian questioned after putting the car into park and getting out.

"I broke up with Alex," Hanna confessed.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that you're too good for him," Rian spoke.

"Why do you think that?" Hanna questioned curiously.

"Let's just say that sometimes he can get like Jack," Rian confessed. "Sometimes worse."

"Oh," Hanna sighed. "Well, maybe it is for the best then."

"Maybe," Rian spoke. "But, let's go inside before the pizza gets cold."

"If we must," Hanna laughed.

Going towards the back door of the car, Rian told Hanna to just grab the pizza and that he would get Katelynne.

Thanking him, Hanna went to the front seat where she had left the box of food and her purse.

Pulling her house keys out of her bag when the group of three had made it to the front door, Hanna put the key into the knob and unlocked it. She then pulled the key out and pushed the door open, turning on the light in the living room so that neither her or Rian would trip over anything.

Upon the light turning on, Katelynne began to stir in Rian's arms. "Mommy, I'm hungry," she mumbled into Rian's neck.

"Don't worry, baby. We're eating soon," Hanna replied.

Turning to Rian, Hanna spoke again. "Would you mind bringing her into her room and putting her pajamas on? I left them on her bed earlier. I want to send her to bed after she eats something. She's been napping all day and she's still tired, so I think that she might be getting sick."

"Sure," Rian spoke before turning his attention to the little girl in his arms. "Can you point me towards your room?"

Instead of speaking, Katelynne looked up at the male that was holding her and pointed her tiny finger towards the hallway.

Within fifteen minutes, Hanna had set up plates and cups in the living room. She had put pizza on each plate, cutting Katelynne's up so that she wouldn't choke. Hanna also put apple juice into Katelynne's cup and grabbed a can of soda for herself and another one for Rian.

"Rian? Katelynne?" Hanna called out, curious as to where they had gotten to.

"Momma, I'm showing uncle Rian all my stuffies," Katelynne called out.

Smiling, Hanna made her way down the hall towards her daughter's room.Leaning against the doorframe to the bedroom, Hanna grinned. It was cute seeing Rian interacting with her daughter, but she was also surprised that Katelynne had opened up to him so quickly. She was an outgoing child, but it usually took her a little longer to warm up to a stranger.

"Don't pull them all out, Kate," Hanna warned. "You're going to have to put them all away before you come eat dinner."

"Yes, momma." the tiny girl spoke.

As she watched her daughter show off a few more of her stuffed animals to Rian, Hanna thought about Katelynne meeting her father and watching her interact with him. It scared Hanna to know that she was going to have to explain everything to her daughter soon and that there was a chance that Katelynne may not get along with him. Only time would truly tell what was going to happen between everyone, but it didn't make Hanna any less nervous about it.