Victim

Chapter 5

Skye couldn't get any sleep that night. She was too stressed and scared. She also didn't want to stay here with Syn acting the way he was. It made her even more uncomfortable. She just laid in bed and quietly watched movies all night.
At about noon she heard the guys downstairs laughing so she decided to join them. When she got down there she saw that they were watching some new comedy that had just come out. They seemed to be really enjoying it.
"Did you sleep well?" Matt asked as she sat down on the single love seat.
"Yea." She said with a fake smile.
"If you're hungry, you're dinner from last night is in the fridge." Jimmy informed her.
She smiled and headed to the kitchen. She put it in the microwave for a couple minutes then sat down to eat.
Syn entered the room when she was close to being finished.
"Hey." He said as he opened the fridge.
Skye ignored him. She finished eating and headed back into the living room.
"When do you want to go do your hair?" Matt asked when she got back.
Skye sighed. "Whenever."
"I say you go now and when your done we can all go out and do something." Zacky suggested.
Skye nodded.
"Syn is taking you." Matt informed her.
Skye's heart stopped. "On second thought, I'd rather not go."
Everyone looked at Matt.
"Syn she's ready when you are." Matt shouted.
"No." Skye whispered.
"Don't worry he wont bite, unless you're into that kind of thing." Johnny said jokingly.
The guys laughed as Syn grabbed the car keys and held open the front door for Skye.
"Skye let me know if he has an attitude with you." Matt whispered as she stood up and headed for the door.
Skye nodded and walked outside. Syn rolled his eyes at Matt and closed the door behind him. They got into the car and headed out. It was a long very awkward car ride. Skye just kept quiet and stared out her window the whole way there. She was happy when they made it to the salon.
Syn again held the door open for her. She nodded in thanks as she passed him. The girls who worked there all got excited when they walked in.
"How can we help you guys today?" One woman asked.
"I need to get a new hair style." Skye informed her.
Syn proceeded to sit down and read a magazine as the woman lead Skye into the back room.
Skye sat down in a tall chair in front of a large mirror. The woman brushed through her hair.
"Your hair is so pretty and so long."
Skye smiled. "Thanks."
"What are we doing with it today?"
Skye sighed. Last night she had decided she was going to cut it to shoulder length and bleach it back to her normal blonde color.
"I need to to cut it and bleach it." Skye informed her.
The woman looked at her slightly shocked. "Are you sure?"
"Yea. My hair is naturally blonde, I miss it."
The woman nodded. She brushed Skye's hair once more then proceeded to put it in a pony tail at the length she would cut it. Skye covered her eyes as the woman prepared to cut her hair. Within seconds Skye heard the sound of her hair being cut, then she felt her head grow lighter.
She looked in the mirror to see her hair at shoulder length and he heart ached. The woman moved in front of her to cut her bangs shorter as well. Luckily for Skye, it was still styled appropriately to what she liked.
The woman swept up the hair from the floor and proceeded to take it to a garbage can. When she was done she left for a moment. She came back with a bottle of bleach and gloves.
"If you'd like, we do have extension we can match to the new color." The woman offered.
"No it's fine." Skye smiled.
The woman nodded and leaned Skye's seat back a bit. Next she applied the bleach. She rubbed it all through Skye's hair and scalp, making sure she didn't leave anything black.
The scent of the bleach made Skye want to puke. It was such a strong smell. She's always hated the smell.
"So you just decided to change it?" The woman asked her.
"Yea. I just moved here so I though a change in style would be nice too."
"Oh where did you move from?"
Skye was about to answer but then realized she probably shouldn't. Instead she came up with a different state. "Washington."
"Oh nice. I love Seattle." The woman said with a grin.
"Me too." Skye smiled.
When the woman was done applying the bleach she informed Skye of how long they would need to leave it in. She then proceeded to walk away again. Leaving Skye there alone with the nasty smell of bleach.
Skye was wondering what it would look like when she was finished. She hadn't had her hair blonde in so long, she had forgotten what it was like. Now it would take her forever to grow it back out. Skye looked at the mirror and watched her hair slowly go from black, to orange, to a nice blonde.
The woman came back a few moment later.
"Oh it looks great already." She said with a smile.
Skye smiled back and followed her to the wash area. She leaned back in her seat and waited while the woman washed her hair. When she was done washing it she blow dried it and styled it.
"Okay what do you think?"
Skye turned and looked in the mirror. Her hair was a nice tone of blonde. She actually liked it, but she would miss the length.
"I love it. Thank you so much." Skye smiled.
They both walked back to the front of the salon.
"She's done." The woman said to Syn when they got there.
Syn looked up from the magazine and looked at Skye for a moment. She smiled a goofy smile while waiting for his reaction.
"Wow." He said after a long moment. "it looks great."
Skye smiled. "Well I think that's the nicest thing you've said to me."
Syn smiled back. "How much?" He asked as he stood up.
"Fifty." The woman replied.
"Jeez you women are expensive." Syn said as he handed her the money.
Skye giggled at that.
They got in the car and headed home. After a moment of silence Syn turned the radio on.
"I love this song!" Skye smiled and started to sing along.
"Wow you're like a completely different person now." Syn said.
Skye looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"
"You just seem happier all of a sudden." He explained.
Skye laughed. "No I'm actually pretty miserable."
"Why?"
"My hair is gone. Do you have any idea how long it took for me to grow that out. All that work just to cut it all off. It's depressing. And it doesn't even look that good short."
Syn laughed. "Calm down. You look beautiful."
"I take back what I said. THAT is the nicest thing you have said to me." Skye smiled.
Syn chuckled some more. "Don't get used to it."
Skye pouted. "Aww but I like the nice version."
"I really am sorry for what I said." He looked at her apologetically.
Skye looked at him for a moment. "Okay I forgive you."
"Thank god. I though I was going to have to kiss your feet." Syn said sarcastically.
"Well now that you mention it."
"Not going to happen."
Skye laughed and sang with the next song that came on. After a moment Syn turned it up and started to sing along, but made an effort to make it sound horrible.
Skye laughed. "No!"
"I can sing pretty too!" Syn said with a grin.
"Actually that was horrible."
"Hey now look who's being mean." Syn pouted.
Skye giggled. "Now we are even." Skye said as she stuck her tongue out at him.
Syn nodded. "That's fair."
His smile faded as they pulled up to the house.
"Shit."
"What?" Skye asked nervously.
There was a black prius parked in the drive way.
"My wife is here." Syn said with a sigh.
"Is she really as bad as everyone makes her out to be?" Skye asked.
"Only when we have females over."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it. Sorry the chapters are kind of boring. They are going to get better I promise.
Leave me your feedback!
xoxo