Status: Active

Everything Will Change

Chapter 12

It took a whole week before the bruises on my face and body faded completely. My father saw them since I stil needed to go to work. I lied and told him that I fell hard when I was skateboarding. He laughed and said that it was no surprise. He said that it was my fault and that I deserved it for doing stupid activites. Jerk.

Since my face looked good again, I could finally take Ashton on a date like I promised. I've been waiting for this night since I asked him if he'd like to go on one. I still couldn't believe that he said yes. He deserved so much better than me, but I would show him that I am worth it. I would show him that I could give up on my bad side and turn into the boy he deserved.

Talking about Ashton, he didn't let go of his idea of us not kissing or cuddling until the date. He said that we needed to follow the code. It was hard. We still hung out together and everytime he would smile, all I wanted was to kiss his delicious lips. Everytime we would watch TV, I would want to pull my arms around him and protect him. And I could tell in his eyes that he wanted the same things. He was just too stubborn to say so.

I planned a cute date at this fancy asiatic restaurant. Ashton being a fan of asiatic food, I thought it would be the best place to take him to. I didn't have much money, but I still had some that my mother gave me in case of big emergencies. I considered that paying dinner for the most handsome guy on the planet was en emergency. I wanted to make him happy.

The only problem was that I didn't have my licence and that I couldn't drive us there and that we would have to walk. I then realized that I had enough money to rent us a limo for the night. Nothing was too much for Ashton. I asked for the driver to pick us up at 6:00 PM since our reservation was at 6:30PM.

I was very excited for this night, and I could tell that Ashton felt the same. The parents were out so they wouldn't ask any questions. I doubted that they would be happy that their sons were going on a date. It wasn't illegal though since we didn't share any blood or DNA. Still, knowing my dad and Lorie, they wouldn't pleased by it...mostly because I was the bad guy.

It was 5:45 PM and we were both dressing up in our best clothes. Ashton would keep asking where I was taking him and what he would be doing. I wouldn't answer, I wanted to keep it a surprise. To punish me from being silent, he decided to get changed in the bathroom so I couldn't admire his body.

I opted for a pair of black skinny jeans with a red button-up long-sleeve shirt and a pair of black Converses. I wasn't used to dress up that properly, but I couldn't just go to a luxuous restaurant dressed up in my casual clothes. I admired myself in the mirror and I looked good. Ashton wouldn't be able to resist me.

When Ashton finally got out of the bathroom, I was speechless. He looked more beautiful than ever. He was wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with a short-sleeve button-up shirt and a pair of black Toms. But what made him even more beautiful was the black bandada in his hair. He was perfect.

''Ready for our date, beautiful?'' I asked happily.

''I've nerver been more ready,'' Ashton answered with a beautiful smile on his face. The reason of my death would be his smile, it was to die for.

We left our room, holding hands. Just like our lips, they matched perfectly. His hand was meant to be in mine. We grabbed our jackets and left the house. The limo was there, just like it was planned. Ashton was amazed and it made me feel incredibly happy.

''You rented a limo, Luke?'' he asked happily. ''You didn't have to do this, wow.''

''I wanted to, so it would make this night even more perfect. I wanted to make you happy so I used my last savings to rent one,'' I answered.

''You didn't have to use all of your money for me Luke,'' Ashton replied.

''You're worth it, so worth it,'' I said happily.

We got into the limo and sat side by side. Just like Ashton, it was my first time being in such a big and luxuous vehicule. We didn't talk much during the ride to the restaurant. We were just looking at the environment around us and mostly, we were looking at each smiling and blushing, still holding hands. I realized how Lucky I was to seat in this vehicle. I was lucky to be with Ashton, I was lucky that he broke down my walls.

''You're perfect,'' I said quietly.

''You're perfect too, Luke. This night is going to be perfect,'' Ashton replied.

He was right. It truly was going to be perfect. As long as I had him with me, I knew that it would be perfect. He would get to know each other a little more, we would laugh and talk about random things and hopefully, the night would end by a kiss and falling asleep next to each other.

When we finally got to the restaurant, I told the driver that I would give him a call when I would want him to take us back home. Ashton and I got out of the limo and we were met by this beautiful restaurant we were goint to eat at.

''Planet Asia, really? I've never been there in years! Food is so expensive here Lukey, this is too much,'' Ashton said happily.

''Nothing's too much for you, Ash,'' I replied smiling. ''Come on, I'm starving,''

I grabbed his hand and led us into the restaurant. It was decorated in an Oriental luxuous style, it truly was fancy. Everyone else in there seemed to be rich and snob while we were just two young boys with not much money.

''I made a reservation for two persons. My name is Luke Hemmings,'' I told the hostess.

''Sure, follow me boys. I'll lead you to your table,'' she replied.

We followed her to our table. The restaurant was full of strangers and many pair of eyes were fixed on us. Some were probably judging us because we were two boys holding hands. First, they were probably judging because we didn't fit in this kind of place. Second, they were probably judging because we were gay. But I didn't care about their opinion, I only cared about Ashton and nothing else.

The hostess handed us the menus as we sat at our table. I asked for the best table in the whole restaurant and it is was we go. We were apart from everybody next to a large window where we could see the beach and the sunset. It only made this night better than it already was.

''Would you like something to drink before I take your orders?'' The hostess asked.

''Eum, I'll take a glass of water, please,'' I replied.

''And I'll take a glass of red wine,'' Ashton answered.

I gave him a surprised look and he just smiled back. I though Ashton hated alcohol, that was a surprise. This boy sure was full of surprises I intended to discover one by one.

''Okay, I'll be back soon,'' the hostess said. ''If you need anything, my name is Liang.''

I didn't see her leaving and coming back. I was lost into Ashton's eyes, just smiling and thinking about how adorable he looked.

''Are you ready to order?'' Lian asked.

''Oh eum, I'll take a regular general tao along with brown rice and fried vegetables, please,'' Ashton replied.

We didn't even looked at our menus, but I guessed he must knew what kind of food they were selling in there. I trusted him to have good tastes.

''Make it two,'' I said.

''Alright, it should be ready in about twenty minutes,'' our hostess said.

She left, leaving Ashton and I alone, in our own little world. I could feel my heart beat very rapidly, I felt extremely happy. Never would have I thought that I would be going on a date with Ashton when I first got in Florida.

''This is too perfect to be true,'' Ashton said.

''You're perfect,'' I replied. I was getting way to cheesy, but I couldn't help it.

''Stop it, you're making me blush,'' he said laughing.

''I love it when you blush, it makes you look adorable. Well, not that you don't look adorable in other circumstances, it's just that it makes you even more adorable,'' I mentionned nervously.

''And you look adorable when you get all nervous and shy,'' Ashton added, making me laugh.

We then talked about random stuff like we always did. We were so into our conversation that we didn't see Liang coming back with our food. We were in our own little world and we didn't want to let anybody in. The night was only about him and me. It was about us.

Usually, people going on dates are shy and barely know what to talk about. There are many akward moments and silence or conversations just get weird. It was different with Ashton. I felt so comfortable around him, I felt live I've known him for years when we've only known each other for a little more than a month. He knew more about me than my other friends I've known for years. He understood me more than anyone else. He was the only one who made me want to be a better person.

We talked for hours as we ate our food. Time went by so fast, it always did when we were together. When the clocked ticked 9:30PM, our waitress asked us to leave the restaurant because someone else had reserved our table for 10:00 PM. We nodded and said she would come back with the bill.

''I'm going to the bathroom,. I'll be right back,'' I told Ashton.

''Okay, make it fast, I'll miss you,'' Ashton replied.

''I'll miss you more,''I added.

I went to the bathroom and did my business as fast as I could. I also called our driver so he could pick us up when we'd get out of the restaurant. I didn't lie when I said that I would miss Ashton even more. I was gone for two minutes and I already missed his presence. This was crazy and unlike me, but I liked this new me. When I came back to our table, he had his jacket on and was ready to go.

''Calm down Ash, I still need to pay,'' I said.

''Eum, yeah. About that... I kinda pay for the whole thing,'' Ashton replied nervously.

''Ash, that was supposed to be my gift to you,'' I said sadly.

''I know Luke, but it was so expensive. I didn't want you to spend all of your money for this dinner. You already spent so much on that limo, I didn't want you to pay for everything. I'm not worth that,'' Ashton said.

''Believe me when I say that you're worth that and even more. It's okay for now, but I'm paying next time, comprendo?'' I replied laughing.

''So there will be a next time?'' Ashton wondered.

''Of course. There needs to be a next time, if that's okay for you,'' I said happily.

''I wouldn't have it any other way,'' Ashton replied, giving me small peck on the cheek.

I grabbed his hand and we left the restaurant. Our limo was waiting for us, just like I wanted to. We got in and this time, we cuddled. I missed Ashton's warmth, I missed having him so close to me. Nothing was said during the whole ride, it was a comfortable silence. I would kiss his forehead and he would kiss my cheek, it was just sweet and perfect.

When we got home, we thanked our drive and got out of the limo. I didn't want this perfect night to end, but every good thing must have an end. I knew there would be other occasions, It was my duty to make there would be another occasion. We walked to our front door, his hand never leaving mine. When Ashton went to open it, I didn't let him.

''So, this is the moment where I'm supposed to kiss you before we go our seperate ways,'' I teased.

''We live in the same house, Hemmings,'' Ashton joked.

''I'm trying to follow the code here, Irwin,'' I replied laughing.

I leaned in and tenderly kissed his lips. Butterflies errupted in my stomach, it was the best way to end this perfect night.

''I missed kissing you,'' Ashton said.

''I missed it even more,'' I replied.

We got into the house and headed to our room. I went to open the door, but this time, it's Ashton who didn't let me.

''Look, another door,'' he pointed out.

''Yeah,'' I replied smiling.

"Shouldn't you kiss me again?" He teased.

"I guess, if that's what you want," I replied.

He wrapped his hands around my neck while I wrapped mine around his waist. I planted my lips back on his. The kiss that first started sweet and G rated soon turned into a huge make-out session as our tongues fought for dominance. Fortunately, the parents weren't home so we didn't have to hide and control ourselves.

''Wow,'' Ashton said as his lips left mine, reaching for air.

''Yeah, wow,'' I replied happily.

''Seriously, thanks for tonight Luke, I had a really great time,'' Ashton said.

''So did I, thank you for saying yes to go on a date with me,'' I replied.

''How could have I said no?'' He wondered.

''Yeah, you're right. Nobody can resist me, the beautiful and awesome Luke,'' I joked.

''Shut up, Hemmings,''Ashton said.

''Make me, Irwin,'' I teased.

He shut me up the best way possible by planting his delicious lips back on mine. I opened the door to our room and led us to my bed, making us fall on it with me on top. I knew all of this wouldn't lead to anything else, and I didn't want to. I didn't want to ruin what I had with Ashton by rushing things and having sex with him too rapidly.

The rest of the night was spent making out in my bed and cuddling until we fell asleep in each other's arms. At that moment, I realized what true happiness was. Happiness was about being surronded by people who can make you feel incredible things. It was about feeling good about yourself and not being scared of showing your true self. Ashton was my little sun of happiness. He was the happiness that I have been searching for a long time. And I wouldn't let it go.