Status: In transition...

Midnight

Never enough.

Londyn watched Sophia as she continued to cook. Their girl’s night was really just them staying in eating, drinking, talking about boys. The usual. But she was glad to get out of her apartment for a while. She had stayed cooped up for several days just in fear of running into Harry or someone asking about him again.

“You know he stayed the night the other night, right?” Sophia asked causing her to look up from the glasses of wine she was pouring for the two of them.

“Who?”

“Harry.”

“Oh. Why?”

“He apparently went for a walk and it started raining so he showed up at Liam’s. Apparently it was right after he saw you.”

Londyn didn't bother to look up from her glass and the girl continued, “he was really upset, Londyn. I mean; I'm not trying to defend him, but the next morning I was here and he had a pretty intense conversation with me. All I'm saying is he knows how difficult he is. I just don't think you should shut him out yet. He does care about you. A lot more than I thought he could…”

Londyn sighed as she looked up at the girl who was now looking at her. Sophia shrugged, “I mean, then again, I don't know what you feel for him, so maybe you don't care…”

“Well we both know that isn't true.” She mumbled, downing the glass of wine she had and Sophia turned back to the stove.

“Where is Liam tonight?” She asked changing subjects and Sophia spoke, “Back to the studio.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Probably for an hour and then it's boy’s night!” She said fisting pumping and Londyn laughed, “Sounds just like Louis.”

“I tried.”

Londyn chuckled, “So they will be out awhile?”

“Yep.”

“Great.” She replied, and Sophia chuckled as she opened another bottle of wine seeing as how they had finished the other, well mostly Londyn.

“Had a hard day?”

“A hard month obviously.”

After a few hours the girls were giggling on the couch, laughing at a story of Sophia and a guy she dated a long time ago.

“He did that?!” Londyn asked giggling as she tried to pick up her wine glass.

“I swear it was so weird!”

The pair laughed as the front door opened and Liam walked in with the guys in tow.

“Hi.” Sophia finally said and Londyn started to giggle.

“Someone’s drunk.” Harry spoke, clearly the boys had been drinking otherwise she was certain he wouldn't be talking to her.

“Ah can we let bygones be bygones and play this card game we just got?!” Louis asked holding up some game.

“Oh great.” Sophia said laughing as the boys stepped into the living room. Harry may have been a bit intoxicated but he wasn't stupid. He sat in a single chair a bit away from Londyn.

Londyn at that point began to sober up, being so close to Harry made her nervous. How could she just pretend everything was normal?

“Hey cutie!” Niall said sitting beside her and she flashed him a smile, “Hey you.”

“How much have you had to drink tonight?” He asked with a grin as he leaned against the couch.

“I wish I knew.” Sophia stated causing them to laugh.

“Hey we didn't think we would have company.” She stayed pulling her legs up as she sighed. She now wished she was home in her bed.

She grabbed up the cards Louis was handing out and she looked up to see Harry watching her. This was going to be a long night.

Of course when the game started things got more relaxed and everyone was laughing and having a good time.

“Shit it's Almost 3! I'm exhausted.” Niall stated and Londyn mumbled in agreement, already laying against Niall.

“I assume everyone is staying.” Sophia stated looking at the drinks on the table.

“Assume correctly.” Louis added as he got up to help her clean it up.

“You guys owe me some wine.”

“Don't worry, I'll buy you a case.” Harry stated calmly from his seat.

“Sure he will.” Londyn mumbled causing Niall to chuckle.

“Well, I'm going to sleep. See you guys tomorrow.” She stated trying to get off the couch and Louis laughed as he helped her up.

“I'll take you, love.” He stated grabbing her hand and she Didn't dare look at Harry as she walked by him.

Louis walked her to the first room he came upon and led her to the bed.

“Thanks.” She mumbled out as she fell into her back on the bed.

“You ok?”

“Yeah. I'm fine.”

“Sure?” He asked laying beside her.

She nodded as she turned her head to look at the boy.

“I love you guys. Hope you know that.”

Louis grinned, “Yeah and we love you too. Life would be weird without you now. At least we can always thank Harry for that.”

She nodded as her grin faded and Louis continued, “Get some sleep.”

She nodded and he kissed her head before leaving the room. Between the alcohol and the past week she couldn't sleep. She got up from the bed, and headed to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth.

“I sat some night clothes on your bed.” Sophia stated as she reached the bathroom.

“Thanks.”

“Harry’s sleeping on the couch.”

“Ok?”

“Just thought you would want to know.”

She rolled her eyes as she went into the bathroom. Once she did all she needed to do including changing into comfortable clothes she tip toed to the kitchen to get a bottled water. All this wine had made her thirsty.

As she stepped in she was startled by Harry standing against the counter drinking water himself.

“Oh didn't mean to scare you.” He stated as he stood up straight.

She tried to ignore his lack of shirt as she whispered that it was ok and stepped to the refrigerator.

“Still mad at me?”

“Nope.”

“But still not talking to me.”

“I don't see why we would.”

“Because we were friends at one point, Londyn.”

She glanced over at him and shrugged, “So what? You want me to just act like nothing happened?”

“I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say that will make it better. All I can say is that I'm sorry and I was stupid and I told you from the beginning how I was and you still wanted to be friends and guess what? Friends fight, Londyn, but they stay friends.”

“And really I'm cool with just being friends with you, and I can promise what happened will never happen again, so yeah, why can't we go back to how things were?” He added and she bit her lip as she stared at him. There were several reasons why things could never be normal again, but she didn't have the courage to tell him any of it.

“Ok.” She got out although she didn't mean it. What she had felt for Harry lately was not in a friendly manner and she didn't want to admit it but it definitely didn't make this easier on her.

“Ok what?”

“Ok, let's be friends.” She finally said and he simply nodded not wanting her to change her mind.

“Harry, can we go home?” She asked, her eyes meeting his, she just wanted to be alone in her bed for a while. To think about everything and what she was going to do.

“Of course, love.” He whispered as he sat his glass in the sink and left the kitchen. She breathed in deeply trying to clear her head but it wasn't working.

She forced herself into the living room where Harry was pulling his shirt back on.

“Are you ok to drive?” She asked and he smirked , “Yeah. I'm not the one who drank two bottles of wine.”

She hit his arm and he chuckled, “Go get your things.”

She walked to the room and gathered her things, sliding her feet in her boots before she left the room.

Harry met her at the door and he chuckled, “Pajamas and boots. So cute.”

“Shut up Harry.” She mumbled and he grabbed her hand, as they left the house quietly. He led her to his car, opening the door for her before he jumped in, rubbing his hands together before he started it.

“Must it be so bloody cold?!” He chattered as he blasted the heat.

Londyn chuckled as she watched him try to warm up. She didn't know why she felt better now that things were at least ok with them, but she did. She felt whole again. Something about him, just made things better.

“This was a dumb idea.” He stated as he laughed and began the drive back.

“Yeah but that's what we do best.”

They finally arrived to their building not even 15 minutes later and they quickly ran inside.

“I swear it's like below freezing tonight.”

She laughed as the elevator opened and he pulled her in.

“Thank you for bringing me here.”

“No problem. Well, except for I turned my heat off before I left since I didn't think I was coming home so…”

“Harry.”

“What?! I hate the way it smells so I don't want it on all day.”

“That's weird.”

“Is not, you're weird.”

The elevator dinged, signaling that they were on her floor and once the door opened she grabbed his wrist, “Come on.”

“Where am I going?”

“You can stay with me. You're already a wimp because it's so cold, don't want you to die.”

He scoffed, “I could handle it.”

“I'm sure.”

Once inside he let out a sigh as he pulled off his jacket.

“Now I'm exhausted.”

“Me too.” She mumbled pulling off her boots and coat before walking to her room.

“Uh, can I have a blanket or something?” Harry asked and she looked at him as she sat on the bed, “for what?”

“For sleeping.”

“You've never had a problem sleeping in my bed before so I figured you wouldn't now.”

“Well I don't but didn't know if you did.”

She rolled her eyes, “Harry, come lay down.”

The boy ran his hand through his hair before walking to the empty side of the bed. He climbed in a bit hesitant simply because he didn't know what to expect.

“Good night, Harry.” She whispered as she turned the lamp off.

“Goodnight.”

He sighed as he stared up at the ceiling, he was more confused now than before. He glanced over at her, her back facing him and he threw out his overthinking and placed his arm around her torso, pulling her to him. She didn't bother to speak and he knew it was best if they didn't so with that he pressed his lips to her shoulder before falling into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
An Update. Yay. :) I'm on a roll!

Thanks for commenting, recommending, subscribing! Really appreciate it! :)