What have I done wrong? (A Jake Bugg Fan Fiction)

I´m Jake´s girlfriend...

NEXT MORNING

*Ashley´s POV*

As soon as I opened my eyes, I grabbed my mobile phone, just to know what was the time. To my surprise, I found out there was a message in my inbox. I even couldn´t believe from whom it was...

Oh, Jake sent me a message last night? I felt very pleasantly. Who would think that?! :-) It was really nice from him, I guess. And of course I wanted to see him soon, too. Maybe, I should visit him later. Another lesson of guitar? My hand hurts which means we wouldn´t be able to practise but so what? We´d talk to each other and I like that plan even more...

After having breakfast, I decided to help my mom with some housework and after that I finally went to Jake´s house. This time, I didn´t attack his house the way I did last time and I just rang the door bells. My waiting lasted only few seconds and then Jake appeared in the door.

*Jake´s POV*

No reply by Ash? My very first thought and question after I woke up and looked at the screen of my phone. I was quite surprised but then I was comforted with the idea she could be still asleep or whatever. Instead of having a message by Ashley, I had received one by Molly:

Good morning, darling. What about meeting in the evening again? I have a surprise for you :-*

I was thinking for a while because I actually had no idea what I should write her back and on the other hand, I didn´t feel like meeting her, too. I really didn´t know what to do. I wasn´t about to lie or say some stupid excuses ´cause it´d be no use...

In the end, I didn´t respond and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. I was eating a bread with nutella when suddenly someone rang the door bells. I wasn´t expecting any visit in that early morning but after looking on the clock, I saw it was closer to lunch than to morning.

What? So many hours?! It seems I overslept...

(The door bells are ringing once again)

,,I´m coming! I´m coming! Calm down!" I yelled and stood up from the chair. I wasn´t rushing ´cause I still felt little tired, but when I opened the door my fatigue all at once faded away. ,,Oh Ashley!"

,,Hello Jake! Am I disturbing you?" She asked me happily as usual.

,,No, not at all. Come in!" I answered and closed the door. ,,Would you like something to eat?" I continued.

,,Oh many thanks but no... Anyway, I received a message from you..."

,,Oh really? I thought you didn´t... I expected a reply from you "

,,I had no idea what to write. It was really nice from you... "

,,Don´t mention it. And look! I am really sorry for yesterday. I apologize for that sudden leave... "

,,Never mind Jake. It´s okay..." Ashley answered sitting down on the coach in our living room. Suddenly I noticed her hand. It was all taped.

,,What´s happened to your hand?"

,,Oh, I was a little burned. Nothing serious..."

,,Really? Oh, that must be painful. What did you do?"

,,My brother tried to make a dinner and it didn´t finish fine.... and I hurt myself a bit..." Ashley said to me grinning.

,,You should be more careful next time. How would you like to practise on guitar now?" I asked and returned to the kitchen. I ate whole my bread and made two cups of green tea. She didn´t respond so I asked her question again. ,,So how would you like to practise on guitar now?"

,,I don´t know... I cannot move my hand until it stops hurting me..."

,,But it is clear to me... " I responded amused and took the cups into the living room. ,,Here you go."

,,Thanks Jake but you needn´t.... " Ashley wanted to tell me something but I couldn´t let her finish the sentence.

,,Oh come on... don´t say "but"... it´s just a tea... " I sat down right next to her and smiled at her friendly. But my phone unexpectedly bleeped again. Another message from my girlfriend:

Are you there? What are you saying?!

*Ashley´s POV*

Jake´s happy expression has faded away. I didn´t know why but it was right after he got a message.

,,Is everything okay?" I asked with interest. Jake didn´t look at me, he just muttered ´´uh-huh´´ and began to write something onto his phone. After few seconds later, he put the phone away from him and tried to devote to me.

,,So have you any idea what to do now when your hand is unable to hold the guitar?!"

Of course I had many ideas of some interesting activities but I´m sure, Jake wouldn´t agree with them 3:) Yeah, it is obvious that my mind overdid but I couldn´t help myself. I´ve been interested in Jake, I´ve liked everything about him... But anyway, I had to shut my dirty mind up because I had promised myself, I´d take control of my desire.

To my luck, before I managed to answer Jake, his mom had entered the house. She was standing in the door holding two bags, full of purchase. I greeted her politely and then Jake went to help her and took both of bags from her...

I was sitting there silently and listened to their conversation. They talked about ordinary stuff when Jake´s mom suddenly asked Jake to build the Christmas tree. He had no objection and afterwards he asked me if I would like to help him with decorating the tree. Honestly, I found it as very good idea and therefore my answer was ´´Yes, of course!"

Meanwhile, Jake´s mom left the house again and I stayed with Jake alone. We worked on the Christmas tree but I didn´t want to be quiet at all. So I started to ask some random things that came to my mind.

,,So you dream of becoming a professional singer one day?"

Jake looked at me fastly like he didn´t expect this kind of question.

,,Yeah. And I´d like to become a professional song-writter too..."

,,Oh that´s clear. Every singer should write their own texts and lyrics, shouldn´t they?"

,,I honestly think the same thing but not every musician is able to write something on his own, you know?...." Jake responded really upset.

,,But never mind. It´s not your fault. And by the way, you write really beautiful songs. No doubt about it...."

,,Oh, thank you..." Jake said giving me such a strange but grateful sight. ,,... really much!" and then he ended the sentence.

Later on, when the tree was finally built, Jake allowed me to put the star on the top of it and then someone knocked the door.

,,Who could it be?" Jake asked me but I just moved with my arms. ,,I´m not expecting anyone..."

And as soon as he opened the door, some girl ran into his embrace and after that she kissed him passionately. I thought I couldn´t believe my eyes. I thought it wasn´t true... I was confused. Much more after she said to Jake this:

,,Oh love. I missed you so much. I couldn´t wait..." And then she finally saw me. ,,Um... who are you?" She hissed.

,,Oh, Molly, this is my friend Ashley and Ashley this is ... um... Molly..." Jake introduced us rubbing back of his neck. I looked at him like I still didn´t understand what was happening and I was kinda shocked, too. The girl suddenly smiled at me but I knew she just faked and told me:

,,Nice to meet you Ashley. I´m Jake´s girlfriend... "

I stared at her and Jake. I wasn´t able to make any sound. I lost my voice. I lost my thoughts. I just swallowed my pain and tried not to cry. I really did but it didn´t work. My eyes were filled up by tears in few seconds and all I could do is to run away. I ran away like a loser. I felt like my hope was slowly drowning under water. Under sea. Under ocean....

,,Ash, wait! Where are you going?" Jake tried to stop me but I ignored him. I ran out of his house and breathed in and out. I wanted to be out of his sight. Now at least... I wanted to be alone...