What have I done wrong? (A Jake Bugg Fan Fiction)

Believe me, there was nothing wrong with you

*Jake´s POV*

This moment I was afraid of. I had nothing with Ashley but I did care about her. Maybe I really made a mistake and I had to tell her about me and Molly but what? I had never promised anything to Ash. I had never behaved like I was in love with her even when I know she probably believed in it...

,,What are you doing here? Hadn´t we meet up in the evening?" I looked at Molly with quite angry expression on my face.

,,Yes, we had but... I´ve missed you really much." Molly answered me calmly and half-smiled.

,,And now what? I didn´t expect your arrival at all... "

,,Are you reproaching me I´m here?! Have I destroyed your plans with that unknown girl, huh?"

,,What plans? What are you talking about? Are you okay?"

,,Yes, I am but you aren´t... What´s the matter with you? If she was just your friend, you wouldn´t get so angry..."

,,Yes, you´re right. I wanted to deceive you just after few hours of our renewed relationship. No doubt about it." I said ironically while the anger was escalating inside of me. How she dared to claim something like that? I´ve been faithful to her since the very first day of our love. It was her who walked away and replaced me to other guy... ,,How can you claim such stupidity? You, the one who cheated on me..."

,,Are you crazy or what? Where did you get this? I´ve been faithful to you all the time."

,,Say whatever you want, I know the truth..... I saw you... in the park.... with him..." I suddenly spoke the things that have been annoying me for so long. Even when I knew I didn´t have to mention it. Then I looked into her eyes and she was speechless.

After not that long silence, she sighed and looked at me painful. She opened her mouth and spoke her mind:

,,You know Jake... in real, I hoped you wouldn´t know about this. It was only one-time drift, nothing more! I realized that no one can give me as much love as you do and... that´s why I tried to get you back as soon as it was possible. I´ve never stopped loving you and therefore I´ve been trying to make things right, give you more love than before..."

My rage slowly turned to slight regret. It didn´t seem she was pretending now. I´ve known her enough to say she really meant it. All of her words were true but I still wanted to know why? Why she did it all?!

,,Molly, why did you deceive me? When we´re solving this now and we´re also telling the truth, I´d like to know the reason."

,,I swear I have never deceived you. Yeah, I already knew that guy few days before our breaking-up but I kissed him only after that. Nothing more happened. When I was your girlfriend I didn´t kiss him at all... trust me please..."

,,Alright but what was the reason of our breaking-up? You still haven´t told me..."

,,Oh Jake... believe me, there was nothing wrong with you.... That guy just impressed me but I found out it was not enough for love. I´ve blamed myself for that kiss and it´s always so... " Molly suddenly stopped the speech to breathe. Her eyes were filled by tears but she kept it and didn´t cry. Afterwards she looked at me and asked: ,,Are you able to forgive me?"

,,It´s all already forgiven. If I was still angry with you, I wouldn´t give you that second chance yesterday..."

,,Aww Jake... Thanks much... I really appreciate it. I promise you won´t regret...." She ended our conversation and kissed me. Firstly it was up to her but then I returned her kisses, too. I was happy we finally resolved everything between us but what about Ashley?

When Molly left, I was at home all alone. I was about to explain and solve everything with Ash, too and therefore I tried to call her. No one was answering. I gave up on trying after 8th try ´cause I already found it useless. I knew she was angry and she wouldn´t like to talk with me anyway. I put the phone away from me when my thinkning was suddenly interrupted by another knocking on the front door.

Could it be her? I figured. Maybe she had noticed all of my missed phone calls and now she came. I didn´t think it was impossible to happen, ´cos this was typical to her - unannounced arrivals. As soon as I opened the door for the thousandth time in that day, my hopes unhappily disappeared. There was standing the guy who was quite familiar to me. And then I reminded - Ashley´s brother... For a second I was terrified. What did he want (from me)?