What have I done wrong? (A Jake Bugg Fan Fiction)

Ashley is gone!

*Ashley´s POV*

Jake´s got a girlfriend? Why he didn´t tell me?! Why? I could avoid falling in love with him then... I feel broken. I feel upset. I know he had never promised me anything but that not means my love wasn´t true or inferior than the love by his girlfriend. Aaaah...

The tears were streaming down my face and I didn´t hide them. Firstly I wanted to go home but somehow I changed my mind really fast. Depressing thoughts began to chase me and I just wanted to run away.... somewhere far away from here. Unhapilly I still haven´t known the city much which meant I had nowhere to go. The only place that was quite familiar to me were those hills where I sledged with Jake few days ago. I didn´t find it as a good idea but it didn´t matter to me. I didn´t care about anything at all...

*Jake´s POV*

Ashley´s brother greeted me and so did I. After that I asked:

,,Um.... can I help you?"

,,I´m looking for Ashley. Isn´t she with you?!"

,,No, she´s not here..." I replied calmly trying not to show my fear about her. ,,Why? Something´s wrong?"

,,I don´t know. She left our house two hours ago without saying anything.... and she´s just gone. She isn´t answering her mobile phone as well... "

What? Where she could be? I asked myself. Hope she didn´t take it up so seriously.

,,And don´t you know where she could go? " Her brother kept on asking.

,,I really have no idea... but there are not many places she may know here... " I replied thinkning about the only place she really know. But would she really go there? Wouldn´t it be really easy to find her? But what if she actually hasn´t hidden and just has gone for a walk around the city? Maybe she just wanted to calm herself down and therefore she wanted to be all alone.... ,,I´m sure she will return really soon!" I added in the end.

,,You´re probably right but I still need to find her. It´s beginning to snow again and it seems the snowstorm is about to come.... so thanks a lot and bye...." He told me and I looked up to the sky. The grey clouds were filling the heaven slowly and I thought about the second option. What if she isn´t roaming at all? I don´t know Ashley much but when she isn´t answering my calling, I can understand it but why she isn´t answering the phone calls by her own brother? It´s little strange...

,,You know what?" I yelled at Ashley´s brother who was already few steps away from my house. ,,I´ll help you with finding her... wait a second." I took my skullcap, jacket and ran to him. I wanted to know where she is and what´s with her. After all, she is probably gone because of me...

,,Thanks for support. Anyway, where are we going first?"

,,Well... I´m thinkning about the only place where she could be. Are we going there?" I asked him and he agreed without any objection. He obviously doesn´t know the city at all just like Ash...

____________________________________________________________

After few minutes of walking, we came to the hills. Snowy wold was absolutely empty. There was nobody apart us two. Ashley´s brother looked around and immediately called Ashley´s name. It seemed to be useless...

,,Try to phone her. Maybe she will answer this time..." I suggested.

,,Oh yes... " He sighed pulling the phone out of his pocket. He dialed her number but after few seconds later he hung up. ,,It´s no use. Her mobile is dead... Great!"

,,Hmm... there´s a forest beyond the hills. What about trying to look for her there?!"

,,Do you think she could be there?" Ash´s brother asked insecure and in disbelief.

,,I don´t know but there´s nothing to lose if we try, right?" I tried to convince him but honestly I was worried she wouldn´t be there anyway....