Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter Nineteen Face to Face

Chapter Nineteen
Face to Face

Night gripped the wheel so tightly his knuckles were white as his black eyes narrowed. I looked over at him.
“Just get her out of there”.
Night shifted his gaze to me.
“Goddess? You are my charge”

I frowned at him.
“And she is your girlfriend! You’re getting her out. Go with Athena, that’s an order”.
Night frowned.
“You will be unprotected”.
I looked out the window curling my hands to fists.
“I’m hoping that my mother will have my back tonight”.
We arrived near the location where I knew Raven would be waiting for me. An old cherry tree in full bloom sat in the distance. It was where we met in this world. Where everything began for me, Raven and Jimmy. The place held memories within it and old magic. It was this tree I emerged from when I arrived here and it was Raven who found me. I winced as flashes came back on me. Raven was cast out by his creators because he declared himself my consort and protector. Defying his creators by doing so. However he hadn’t come to me with this until after Jimmy and I met.
“What now Goddess?”
Night said calling me back from my memories. I looked over at him.
“Come with me, stay close and when you have your chance, get Harlyn and run”.
Night narrowed his eyes.

“He’ll kill you Goddess!”
I sighed to myself.
“Then I’ll just come back and kick his ass even harder”.
Night frowned at me but nodded. We got out of the car, Athena waiting in the parking lot. I approached the tree seeing Harlyn hanging by her wrists by one of the highest branches she was badly beat up. Damien’s body stood looking up at her. But there was differences. He had muscle tone now and his hair was longer. When he turned to me he had Raven’s pail blue eyes.
“Well, looks like you do remember”.
Raven smirked as he stood across from us. Night drawing his daggers ready to fight.
“Let Harlyn go, she has nothing to do with this!”

Raven grinned at me as he approached with his hands curled into fists.
“The goddess who gifted her dose however. It was Hecate who cast me out, she was the one who caused me to fall because I chose you over her. And now here we stand bitter enemies who still long for each other”.
I narrowed my eyes at him.
“I have no longing for you Raven”.
“Yet”.
Raven smirked as he cupped my chin.
“Your memory will return and so will your feelings for me”.
He looked back at Harlyn.
“But if she means so much to you. I offer a trade you for her”.
I stilled myself meeting his eyes and crossing my arms.
“Deal, Night cut her down”.

“No!”
Harlyn spoke as she struggled.
“Krissi don’t do this to yourself!”
“It’s done, Harlyn. Night get her down and get her out of here”.
Raven smirked at me.
“I don’t remember you being so willing to give yourself up, yet you did sacrifice yourself to seal me away. This puppet of a body will do for now. You and I are going to undo your incantation because only you can undo it and set me free again”.
I narrowed my eyes at him.
“No, I’m not letting you out”.
Raven narrowed his eyes at me.
“Then your friend dies here”.
“Fuck you, you cock sucking bastard!”
Harlyn spat at him. Raven growled rounding on her raising his hand.

“Alright!”
I said fast stopping him. He turned back to me with a grin on his lips.
“You will set me free then”.
I nodded swallowing hard.
“I will set you free”.
Night moved fast getting Harlyn down from the tree. She struggled to stand up on her own.
“No! Krissi don’t do it!”
Night moved Harlyn back behind me trying to take her away. Raven grinned offering his hand to me. I narrowed my eyes as I closed my hand around his keeping my eyes narrowed.
“Light! Come to me!’
I called out, Raven’s eyes widened.
“What are you doing?”
I narrowed my eyes back at him gripping his wrist tight.
“Setting you free”.

A whirl wind of light surrounded us and Raven howled in pain as he was constricted.
“Light! I commanded you! Expel the evil from this body! And bind it within its prison with the power of all my heart and soul!”
In a gust of harsh wind Raven was expelled from Damien’s body and we both fell to the ground. Harlyn screaming for me in the distance that seemed so far from me as I got a last glimpse of the moon before blacking out completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3