Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter Six Classes and Training

Chapter Six
Classes and Training

As if Damien coming to California to “rescue” me wasn’t crazy enough, my dreams that night were no longer about being a princess or a student at Hogwarts or even a sailor scout. There was nothing but looming shadows and black angel’s wings in my dreams. A pair of very pale blue eyes watching me from the shadows and though I couldn’t make out the face of the winged stranger. I knew he was smirking, nearly grinning as he watched me struggle to free myself from the shadows. Thankfully I was up before Amanda so she didn’t notice the nightmares or anything I was experiencing. I got another shower before facing my first day of classes.

There was a school uniform waiting for me. It was a white button up blouse shirt with short rounded sleeves, a black blazer with the symbol of Nyx on the breast pocket, it matched the mark on my forehead.

The short pleaded skirt was a deep shade of amethyst purple. The school colors were black, white and purple. I smiled at myself once I got the uniform on and fixed my hair deciding to take my pink and blond hair back into a ponytail.
“Wow, don’t you look official”.

Amanda yawned looking at me from her bed. I smiled back at her clasping my hands together behind my back.
“These are the winter Uniforms”.
Amanda said as she got up going over to where hers was hanging, it was like mine but she had the mark of Aphrodite on hers. I kept my hands behind my back.
“Where do the other alchemists get their marks?”

I asked looking at her. Amanda smiled.
“Over their hearts, on their chest. It’s because the heart is the biggest source of power in our bodies. No one’s ever had a mark on their forehead, that’s why Harlyn makes such a big deal about your mark. She’s probably threatened by it because it is one bad ass mark. And it’s like a tiara which kind of means you’ve been crowned like some sort of leader of the Alchemist’s at least that was what I thought when I saw it”.

I turned to the mirror looking at myself.
“So, do the others think I’m a freak?”
Amanda shook her head as she took a break from running her brush through her long blond hair.
“No, we all think your great, and you are too cute with Jimmy. And it’s not just because he’s so tall and you’re so short. You two were made for each other. We can all see it. I think Harlyn can too and that is another reason why she is threatened by you. She’s been after Jimmy forever”.
I shook my head as I sighed trying to make sense of everything. Amanda turned to me grabbing her uniform.
“I’ll meet you in the common room and we can go to breakfast together”.
I smiled at her.

“Sure”.
I walked to the common room not sure how I was going to get through my day. I was thrilled to see they had waffles for breakfast. They had all kinds of yummy foods but waffles are the best. I grabbed some and some of the yummy looking breakfast sausages. Some fruit salad. Adding a cup of orange juice I followed Amanda to our table where the girls were all chattering with each other. Harlyn smirked sticking out her foot and me being me I tripped over her foot. My tray and food flying towards my friends. My eyes going wide in horror.

In a blur the food and tray was placed back in my hands in one piece, an arm slipped around my waste and a kiss against the side of my head.

“Morning Jail bate”.
I smiled up at Jimmy blushing and grateful he saved my food. I was glad to see him, sitting down at the table with the girls. I ate with them talking with Aria about what classes we might be given. After we finished eating everyone filed out of the dining hall. Jimmy caught my hand and pulled me aside.

“I wanted to talk to you about last night”.
I nodded to him quickly averting my eyes. I had bled in front of him. And there was the little matter of my ex-boyfriend braking into the school to bust me out. Moron.
“Vampire’s don’t normally start feeding from their alchemist until their last year, their 13th year”.
I gaped at him.

“13th year?”
Jimmy nodded to me.
“Most don’t make it through all 13 years, some drop out while others end up dying during a training exercise things get pretty intense around year 12”.
I sighed to myself looking down. This was what I had to look forward to.
“But what I wanted to talk to you about was, that guy”.
I sighed closing my eyes.

“Damien? Can we not talk about him?”
Jimmy laughed slipping his arm around my waste and I hadn’t noticed how handsome he looked in his uniform. It was a black shirt with black blazer and pants. Matched with a blood red tie. There was a V on his blazer pocket.
“I know, but I have to ask. Were you serious with him?”
I shook my head.
“Unless you call holding hands serious. He actually broke up with me because I wouldn’t sleep with him. That was two years ago”.
Jimmy relaxed smiling at me now that he knew Damien was not a threat to him.
“Ok, well. Let’s get your class list”.

He led me towards where everyone was lined up I was given a class list that was more like a booklet. Jimmy and I found a quiet place to go through our booklets. My classes were; Basics of Magic and Casting, Basics of Elements, Alchemist Sociology, Divination Basics, Lunch. Combat training Level one, Combat spells level one, Study Hall, Equestrian Studies, Music, and Dinner. Then I had a spare from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Astrology and Astronomy, Ceremonies and Rituals level one. That was it. It was such a full list of classes and I couldn’t believe there were this many hours in the day.
“Looks pretty crazy. But we have the same class”.

I looked at Jimmy as he showed me he had music as well. I smiled glad we would have a class together. And I had more than enough time to spend with him during that spare provided I got my homework done in study hall. I was really looking forward to Equestrian studies though. We got up and headed inside the school hand in hand. I was looking forward to my classes for once.

--------------------------------

(Outside POV)

Damien paced in the seedy motel room. There was no way Krissi could just up and break things off with him like that. Sure he was a dick for braking up with her because he wanted more and she wasn’t willing to give it. But she was his. Only his. There was no way that vampire could take her away from him.

“Calm down”.
A voice commanded from the shadows and Damien turned slowly to the figure that remained covered in shadow. He kneeled bowing his head.
“You’re here, please guide me. Help me get her back”.

It had been roughly a few nights ago, the same night Krissi was marked that this shadow appeared to him. Guiding him to his heart’s desire. Krissi was all he could think about. He had to have her and there was no other way around it.
“The time has come to grant you power my son”.

The shadow spoke. Damien lifted his gaze and smiled hopefully at the mass of shadows. The mass moved towards him stretching out a shadow formed palm and clamping it to Damien’s forehead.
“You are the first of my children, rise before me my necromancer son. For you are the key to my freedom.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3