‹ Prequel: You Never Know
Status: Work in Progress - i will try to update weekly if school allows

Starting Over

13. Giggle Fest

13. Giggle Fest

(Shaw’s POV)

Several weeks had passed since my run in with Johnny. He and Nicole were keeping a low profile but the whole team already knew he was with her. Of course he was with her. Johnny hadn’t played fair and he was enjoying the win.

I drove around Chicago for several hours before finally heading back to the building. I had several missed calls and text from Saad, but I wasn’t in the mood to deal with his sage-like wisdom. He would just say I told you so anyway.

I slammed the door to our shared apartment and stomped to my room, completely ignoring Brandon’s knowing gaze. Not surprisingly, five minutes later there was a knock on my door.

Brandon peeked through the door, “Wanna talk about it?”

I rolled over and buried my head in the pillows; not giving him a verbal answer. He waited a couple of minutes before finally shutting the door. Losing Nicole sucked but I would have to deal with it. She was happy and that’s all that mattered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several hours later, I awoke to the sounds of yelling coming from the living room. I stumbled down the short hall, sleep still in my eyes, to see what the commotion was about.
Nicole was sitting with Saader playing Mario Carts; and she was kicking ass.

“Wow Saader, I knew you were bad but I didn’t realize you sucked completely,” Nicole chirped as her Princess Peach crossed the finish line.

“Damn it! That was all luck,” Brandon refused to admit defeat.

“It’s not luck after the fifth loss, sweetheart,” Nic said, never taking her eyes from the screen.
“Dude, You really do suck at that game,” Both sets of eyes turn to where I was leaning against the wall.

“Hey sleeping Beauty! Glad to see you finally decided to join the land of the living,” Nicole smiled as she chirped me; I felt the smile all the way to my core.

I returned the smile and sunk into the cushions next to her, “I needed the rest. Gotta be 100 when we play the Bruins,” I flexed, causing Nicole to laugh; I smiled wider.

“Suck a stud,” Nicole said as she handed me a controller before turning back to the game.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nicole’s POV)

I stayed with Saader and Andy for several hours before finally calling it a night. We had an early practice and I needed to be rested; Plus Cara would be here soon.

I entered my apartment to see Johnny and Peeks on my couch. Well, there goes my easy night. I walk over and sink next to Johnny, he wraps an arm around me and pulls me close before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

The two of us were keeping a low profile but the team and coaching staff all knew about our relationship. Believe me, having Coach Q call you into his office is never good; having him call you in to “Discuss” the “Budding Relationship” is downright terrifying.

I snuggle in closer as I try and focus on the T.V. screen.

“Tired?” Johnny asks when he feels me shift.

“A little. Kicking Saader and Andy’s ass at MC can wear a person out,” my sass showing.

Johnny chuckles as he runs his hand down my side; we had been so busy the last couple of weeks with games, practices, and interviews that we hadn’t made it to a more…..physical…..level in our relationship.

“Could you two not while I’m here. Thanks,” Pat’s voice cuts through the silence, causing both of us to laugh.

“You do have your own place and you own this movie,” I state, looking at the blonde.

Patrick’s blue orbs meet mine, “Yeah, but you know there’s a no sex rule before games.”

Johnny gives a hardy laugh as I feel my cheeks heat up, “Don’t worry Peeks; we won’t do anything that would scar your innocent mind,” the words are filled with sarcasm as Johnny says them in his serious voice.

The three of us crack up before returning our attention back to the movie.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Johnny’s POV)

Coach Q had just blown the final whistle of our morning practice and we were skating off when a loud wolf whistle broke across the ice. All heads turned toward the sound and a squeal broke from the back of the pack.

Nicole darted past us as a young, dark haired woman jumped the fencing and nearly tackled Nicole in the process.

I looked on with the rest of the team, slightly stunned, as the two women giggled. Laughter from the runway caused me to look up; Patrice Bergeron and several other Bruins were watching the scene before us.

Patrice walked up and offered his hand to the woman and I did the same for Nicole.

Nicole turned toward me, “Johnny, guys,” she addressed the rest of the team, “This is my very best friend, and Burgy’s girlfriend, Cara. Cara, this is my…..Captain…. and team.”

Nicole’s pause did not go unnoticed and the glint in Cara’s eyes suggested that she understood the implication.

“Nice to meet you all,” Cara said scanning the group but offering her hand to me; I removed my glove and shook her smaller hand.

“Nice to meet you too, Cara. Burgy good to see you,” I held my hand out to my fellow Canadian.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nicole’s POV)

Somehow in the craziness of the last couple of weeks, I had forgotten to let the guys know that Cara was coming to Chicago. How, I’ll never know.

After changing quickly, I meet Cara and Patrice out in the hall; we were going to lunch.

Cara gave me a questioning look, “No company?”
I shrugged, “They all have things to do.”

“You forgot didn’t you?” Cara said giving me a pointed look; Patrice laughed.
A deep voice from behind me answered, “Yeah, She did.”

Turning, I spotted Johnny walking toward us. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to his side.

“Well Captain, you are welcomed to join us. I’m sure Patrice would love having another man around so he isn’t out numbered,” Cara offered as we walked out of the building.

John looked at me before answering, “Sounds good; I mean, we did ride together.”

I feel my face flush and the others laugh; I had forgotten that Jon and I had ridden to the arena together in my excitement.

“Sorry,” I say sheepishly as I walk to the passenger side; Cara and Patrice climb in the back of the SUV.

Johnny hops in the driver’s side and gives me a smile, “Where too?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nicole’s POV)

We decided to go to a local Italian place for lunch – Johnny, Burgy and I needed to carbs for the game. It was great getting to catch up with Cara in person and to see how she and Jonathan interacted.

After lunch we dropped the couple off at the hotel the Bruins were staying in and headed back to our building.

I walked into my apartment with Johnny hot on my heels. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pushed me against the wall before connecting his lips with mine. I giggled as his hand drifted across the sensitive skin of my abdomen.

He pulled back with a smirk on his face, “Something funny?”
I returned the smirk, “Of course not; my boyfriend is Captain Serious after all.”

Johnny moved both hands to my stomach, “Do you really want to go there?”
I narrowed my eyes, “You wouldn’t dare,” I challenged.

Jonathan gives me an evil stare before tossing my over his shoulder and moving deeper into my apartment. I let out a squeal as he tosses me onto my bed, pinning me with his larger frame.

“Take it back,” Johnny taunts, his brown eyes boring into my own dark ones.
“Never,” I challenge.

Johnny leans down, his lips brushing my ear, “Take. It. Back.”

The soft but commanding words sent a chill down my spine, “N-no,” the word falters as Jonathan runs his hand over my ribs; another giggle escapes my mouth as he repeats the slow, tortures process.

“Johnny….please,” the words escape after a barrage of laughter fills the room.
“What do you say?” Jonathan stops tickling me and meets my gaze with his playful one.

“I take it back,” I say before he crashes his lips against my once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys! I'm sorry that I've been MIA for a couple of weeks. Finals have me super stressed and I haven't been able to write like I want.

As always let me know what you guys think!
All comments and suggestions are welcomed!