Sequel: Solar Flair
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Blood Magic

Chapter Seventeen My Salvation

Chapter Seventeen
My Salvation

When my eyes opened again I found myself bound to the floorboards by restraints that were embedded into the floorboards. A pentagram was drawn around me and I was surrounded my candles that flickered and danced. Dorian stood over me cloaked in black with a ceremonial dagger in his hands. I tried to pull myself free but nothing I did worked. Dorian grinned down at me as he began to circle me.

“Let me go!”
I roared trying to free myself stupidly like there was any way to get these things off. Dorian smirked down at me as he continued to circle me. There was nothing I could do now. I was helpless, but what really confused me was the fact I was still fighting for my life. Like somewhere someone was counting on me to survive this. Then the feelings around everything that happened with Dean came back on me. How I had fallen in love and had my heart broken. How I wanted to be with him forever and he said he wanted that too. But it was a lie.

This was obviously the easiest way to make everyone else happy. Dean could go on his way without regrets and everyone would be safe because I was dead. Dorian began to cut into my skin and I cried out in pain as he sliced into my arms letting the blood run from them. Images of Dean and I rushed through my mind. I was going to die that much was clear to me. I had fallen in love with a rebellious guy who had no memories of his life before he became a vampire how many girls can say that? I thought to myself as Dorian started to chant some encrypted incantation that I didn’t understand.

One of the candles flames died out and I winced in pain opening my eyes tears rolling down my cheeks as Dorian continued to read the incantation. Another candle went out and this time I cried out in pain. As each candle died out I was caused more and more pain. Like my soul was being shattered by these spells. One candle remained as Dorian approached it I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks and thought of my grandmother and my dad. The only people I could truly say loved me.

That was when I felt the air shift around me causing me to open my eyes and fix them on him as he leaned over me his mouth moving but I couldn’t hear what he was saying. He made me smile at the sight of him. He reminded me of Apollo, the Greek god of the sun. The thought made me laugh inwardly. A vampire reminding me of the god of the sun?

That was strange. He was talking like there was someone else in the room with him while he held cloths against my bleeding arms. It looked like the smell of my blood was causing him great pain. I felt bad for my god savior, not wanting to cause him pain. Then there was another one there while my Greek god of the sun was fast to move away from me.

I was so dazed from bleeding so much that I couldn’t make anything else out. I ended up passing out from losing so much blood. When my eyes opened again I was in a well lit room. My cast was off and my arm was bandage in its place same with the other arm. I felt dazed still from all the blood loss. As I looked around the room I saw Grandma’s knitting bag in the chair that sat in the corner of the room. She had been in here. I sat up slowly looking around the room. It was peaceful here. I kind of liked the room.

“You’re awake”.
A voice spoke from the doorway. I looked over seeing a vampire woman standing in the doorway. She looked beautiful and about a year older than me. She walked into the room and sat on the edge of the bed.

“I’m Bella, what’s your name?”
I kept my hands folded in my lap as she sat on the other side of me. Even though I had the whole social anxiety thing going on. Somehow I felt like I’d be ok opening up to Bella. Like she would understand me better than anyone.
“Kristen, my names Kristen. People call me Krissi though”.
I said. Bella smiled at me as she turned herself slightly to face me on an angle. Her smile never leaving her lips.

“I like Kristen, is it ok if I call you that?”
I shrugged lightly. Normally it would bother me but it didn’t anymore. Bella looked back over her shoulder as a bronze haired guy came into the room. He was handsome too. And it was only after seeing him that I remembered the Sun god who saved me. Bella stood moving towards the bronze haired guy as he wrapped his arms around her.

“This is Edward, Edward this is Kristen”.
I gave a nervous smile and a curt nod to be polite as a greeting since I was lost for words at the moment. Edward smiled back at me.
“Nice to meet you Kristen. I think your father and Grandmother would be happy to know you’re awake. We should go get them”.
Edward said in a polite tone. As they turned to leave the room I called out to them before I was able to stop himself.
“Wait!”
I said, both Edward and Bella stopped looking back at me.

“Yeah?”
Bella smiled. I bit my lip nervously as I looked away from them. I knew there was no other way to phrase my question, embarrassing or not I had to just come out and say it. Taking a deep breath and shutting my eyes tightly as if I was about to jump off a cliff or something I spoke.
“What happened to that other guy? He looked like the god of the sun or something?”
I said fast all in one breathe. Edward laughed and Bella cracked a smile nudging Edward. She looked back at me as I slowly opened one eye.

“Jasper, he’s been hunting since you got here. The smell of your blood kind of had an effect on him”.
Bella said before she and Edward disappeared down the hall. Jasper, I thought to myself. It was an interesting name. Moments later Grandma and Dad were at my side and I hugged them both crying happily because they were safe and ok. And I was getting to talk to them after fearing I’d never see them again.

I lifted my gaze seeing Dean lingering in the doorway. Dad narrowed his eyes but I silenced him by taking his hand.
“It’s ok Dad. I think Dean and I need to talk”.
I said. Grandma nodded getting up she walked over to her knitting bag and pulled out my Tarot cards handing them to me.

“Good luck sweet heart. We’ll be downstairs after you’ve finished with Dean”.
Grandma and Dad filed out of the room as Dean took a breath entering the room looking guilty as he stood at the foot of the bed. I knew this was the final phase, this was why Dean and I were really brought together. So I could give him back his lost memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3