Sequel: Solar Flair
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Blood Magic

Chapter Eighteen Memories

Chapter Eighteen
Memories

Dean frowned at me as we sat in silence. My heart ached at the sight of the first guy I ever let my guard down around. He shoved his fists in his pockets hanging his head. I threw off the blankets that covered me and grabbed my cards getting to my feet. Dean looked at me as I held my hand out to him.

“You don’t have to do this. After all I put you through, I didn’t mean to lead you on”.
Dean said looking down at me.
“I meant everything I said. I just”.
He trailed off not able to finish his sentence. I looked away from him.
“You meant it because you were thinking of someone else. Even if your mind doesn’t remember her. Your heart obviously does”.
Dean stepped forwards.
“I really wanted this to be it. I really wanted it to be you. You’re so beautiful”.

I stepped back from Dean shaking my head.
“Don’t make this harder on me. Just let me read you, then you can go find whoever she is. The one you promised you’d find”.
I said not meeting his eyes. There were no words to describe how painful this was for me. I walked into a larger room with Dean sitting down on the floor beginning to bless my cards and clear my mind. Dean sat down across from me.
“If this whole thing doesn’t work out. I’ll come back for you”.
Dean smiled.

I looked at him raising my eyebrows.
“What makes you think I’m waiting for you?”
I said flatly. Dean sighed looking away from me as silence fell between us. I continued with my cards getting them ready then I placed them in front of Dean. He looked at me.
“Are you really saying you’re done with me?”
He asked. I didn’t meet his eyes.
“Dean, you said it yourself, you aren’t in love with me. And right now, I’m not in love with you either. You hurt me really badly Dean. Let’s just get this memory thing sorted out and move on with our lives”.

Dean looked down at the cards then back to me. I couldn’t believe the words left my lips. But it was true with all the pain Dean caused me I couldn’t get past it and say I was in love with him anymore. Dean shuffled the cards and cut them like last time. He slid the cards back to me. I turned each card getting the same cards he had last time.

The flashes came back to me. A violet death, Dean and a girl I couldn’t quite make out were in a car together, music blasting from the radio. The car was run off the road by the girl’s ex-boyfriend. I winced as the images became clear. The ex-boyfriend was a vampire. He turned the girl even though Dean tried to save her. The vampire took the girlfriend leaving Dean for dead. That was when John found him and turned him. My eyes fluttered open.

“Beth”.
Dean said looking shocked down at the cards. He looked back at me like he was looking at me for the first time. I think that’s what hurt most. I did my best to repress my emotions. Dean looked down.
“I’m sorry Krissi, I remember now, Beth. My girlfriend she’s lost somewhere with this jerk”.
Dean stood looking at me.

“I need to find her”.
I nodded to him getting to my feet.
“She’s probably waiting for you. Good luck Dean”.
I said taking a step back from him and holding in my tears. Dean hesitated for a moment like there was something he wanted to say. He turned on his heels and walked out of the room. I turned away from the doorway as tears rolled down my cheeks.
“Krissi”.
I looked back at Michael who frowned at me.
“You ok?”
He asked. I shook my head lightly turning away from him. Michael moved to my side hugging me. I leaned into him while tears rolled down my cheeks. Amanda, Mary, John and Rex came into the room after him.

“We are so sorry”.
Mary said frowning. I shook my head lightly there was nothing for them to be sorry for. They had taken me in and one of their own and saved my life. I looked at them all.
“Carlisle made arrangements with your father. You will be staying with the Cullen’s now. Your father doesn’t trust us to protect you and I don’t blame him”.
John said putting his arm around Mary.
“We let him down”.
Mary stated. Rex nodded turning to me.
“But we still think of you as family. And we’ll be keeping in touch”.
Rex smiled at me. I smiled around at them all.
“I’m lucky, and I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you”.
I said drying my eyes quickly.

“Even me?”
Cynthia asked from the doorway. I smiled at her giving a nod.
“Even you”.
She stepped forwards hugging me before she took Rex’s hand in hers. I looked around at them all.
“What about Amanda?”
Michael sighed lightly.
“She’s decided to stay with the Cullen’s for a while”.
Michael said. Mary took my hands into hers smiling at me.
“I was looking forward to having you as a daughter in law. But I hope you don’t mind if I still think of you as a daughter”.
I smiled at her.

“I don’t mind, it would be an honor Mary”.
I hugged her tight. Even though my future with Dean was over and the reason I gave up everything I had was gone. I wasn’t sad because some part of me deep down knew that this was only the beginning of my new amazing life.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3