Status: New A7X ~Jimmy is in the story~

Almost Easy

Nine

Sipping my beer, I stared across the table tapping my nail against the wood as I watched Zack. He seemed nervous, which of course made me nervous.

“I –“starting he shook his head and leaned back watching my finger.

Rolling my eyes, I exaggerated a sigh. When that only seemed to stall him more I gave up, snapping at him as my hand fell flat on the table top. “Seriously, if you have something to say – say it, because this is going to piss me off.”

Blinking he reeled back with a laugh, “Alright, our relationship –“

“Stays the same we just have sex,” smiling, I took another swing from my bottle.

Nodding his head, he cleared his throat. “Yeah, I guess that sounds right. Your role will change a lot at the house now, you aren’t just another vampire you are my mate which means you will have certain things to do,” scratching his neck he looked at his beer.

“I’ve been around the girls when they have their events. I know what to expect; I mean I know it’ll be different, each race has their own responsibilities but I have an idea of what is expected of me now – host gatherings, keeping the peace amongst the women, having your babies. I can handle it,”

“There is a bit more to it but I guess that sums it up for now,” pausing he chugged his beer, “we should?”

“What have sex? Yeah Zack, that is kind of what mates do and how babies are made.” Snorting, I pushed my chair back from the table and moved to place my bottle on the counter. Staying there I turned back to smile at him sensing his discomfort I leaned back against the smooth surface. “Or, we could watch a movie; I mean obviously that isn’t going to make a baby but it is nice” holding my hands out, palm up I shrugged. “Do you recall this morning at all?”

Shaking his head he stood and started towards the living room.

“Yeah me neither,” trailing off, I sighed. That was a lie – I was starting this off on a lie, way to go Annie!

**
Dropping on the large bed, I sighed it had been a long night at work and now I had to try once again to get Zack to have sex with me. I was ready to give up; two weeks we had now been mated and he seemed content to avoid all physically contact.

I needed to feed and now I didn’t have to control myself when things started to get out of control but first, I had to get my teeth him.

Sitting up on the bed, I listened carefully to the sound of him moving around downstairs. What to do?
I didn’t have a ton of options; it wasn’t like I could just climb on top of him and have my way with him. On second thought, I liked that plan not that I could really call it a plan. Growling, I fell flat on my face. I would make that my last resort but for now, there had to be something else some other way to get him into bed.

Who knew mating was so difficult?

Blowing into the bedding I refused to look up when he entered the room, didn’t acknowledge him when he cleared his throat or when he said my name. Instead, I sat up scooted off the bed and headed towards the bathroom.

If he wasn’t going to touch me I wouldn’t speak to him. What was one week of silence compared to two weeks of frustration?

But by the time I emerged from the bathroom, the water from my shower still clinging to my skin I found I couldn’t stay silent. He sat waiting at the foot of the bed a sad smile on his lips, I found myself wondering if he would ever put his piercings back in, odd since that shouldn’t be my first thought but it was the only thing that came to mind as I watched him bite his lip as he struggled to find something to say.

“Annie?” waiting to see if I would respond this time, he held out his hand.

Rolling my eyes, I moved closer to take it pushing myself into his lap so he had to wrap his arm around me to keep me from falling to the floor. “What Zack?”

Chuckling at my action, he used his arm to pull me closer releasing my hand he ran his thumb lightly around my palm. “I’m sorry, I just –“ dropping his head against my shoulder, he sighed “can’t get - I still see you as my friend, the stubborn girl who constantly called because she had gone to long between feeding and I know you have too I can smell it,”

Biting my lip, I hissed pushing myself from him to move around the bed. Pulling back the covers, I smirked. “Don’t you dare make this about me, this is about you. Figure it out,” dropping the towel, I climbed into the bed smiling once he couldn’t see my face.

He looked; maybe I was getting to him.