Status: New A7X ~Jimmy is in the story~

Almost Easy

Eight

Scrubbing my arms, I dropped the cloth and stood under the spray staring at the already scared line on my palm.

What the hell had I been thinking? Why had I stayed?

Both excellent questions, and not having an answer I reached over and shut off the water before opening the shower door and grabbing the terry towel I had hung on the outside. Moving as fast as I could, I cursed myself for forgetting my bag downstairs and stared at my reflection.

For better or worse, Zack and I were mates and I did have to admit – Chaos and Vengeance did sound really good together. Although, I had never figured out why we needed other names but it had a nice ring.

Shrugging, I turned and bent to grab the blanket stopping as my gaze fell on the bathtub. Forgetting the blanket, I smirked. Whatever my drunk self-had been thinking, accepting Zack as my mate; sober me was in it for the tub.

Moving back into his room, I raided his dresser for a pair of basketball shorts and a shirt which I had to tuck the front into the shorts to see my knees. Doing so, I moved back out of the room and downstairs humming as I ran my fingers through my damp hair.

“Jimmy do you have my coffee?” entering the kitchen, I paused as I took in everyone squished at the table. “Oh, hi” not seeing a mug for myself I rounded the island and passed behind Zack who was now again the brunt of their stares. Pouring myself the last of the coffee, I glanced over my shoulder at Johnny and fluttered my lashes.

Sighing, he stood and moved towards me to make another pot this time with whatever ingredient he used to make it taste so damn good.

Returning to humming, I moved to the fridge to pull out the flavored creamer I had tucked out of sight and turned stopping short my smile dropping as everyone now stared at me.

Jumping as I was suddenly engulfed by Eve her earthy scent giving her away; I dropped the cream as she grabbed my wrist her grip tightening till my palm was flat.

“I can’t believe you did that,” exclaiming, I stared down at the cream before looking over my shoulder at her.

“I can’t believe you did this,” shaking my hand, I blinked at her before looking back at the cream.

“THE CREAM EVE, damn it that was good stuff”

“I don’t care about the fucking cream. What the hell were you thinking? I totally had another guy all lined up and Phillip was going to call,” dropping my hand, she stood breathing angrily in the puddle of cream with me. “Ugh,” shaking her fist, she stormed back to the table stopping only once to shoot me a nasty look.

“Phillip was boring,” running her finger over the rim of her mug, Dawn looked up with a distant smile. “Way to dull to keep up with our firecracker,”

Leaning over, Vic nodded her head beside Dawn’s. “I agree,”

Huffing I turned again cup in hand to the fridge for the normal cream pouring enough in to give it the taste I liked. Sadly, what I liked didn’t cool it down much.

Turning I ran right into Bridget who was leaning angrily towards me. Dropping the coffee, I snarled as the liquid splashed down my chest. Growling, I threw my arm out smacking her in the tit. “You fucking bitch,” shaking, I grabbed my breasts and snapped at the hand in my face now. Glaring as Vic pushed Bridget out of the way and swooped in front of me.

“It could be worse Annie, you could have your – you have your nipple rings in” sighing she reached behind me to open the freezer. “You don’t have ice Zack seriously,” taking the wet cloth he was holding out, I slapped at her hand.

“I didn’t have time to make any after we used it all,” hissing I snapped at Vic as she blinked clearly
not happy with my tone. “Get out, all of you fucking children. You all have horrible taste, maybe not for yourselves but when you stupid whores play matchmaker you fucking suck. Go away,” pushing past, Matt who had moved to stand in the arch I stormed back upstairs to nurse my burn snarling at the last comment I could hear.

“Well that went well,” exclaiming in pain as he was hit, I could picture Jimmy slouched over at the table holding the stinging appendage.

Once safely alone in the bathroom, I pulled off the still wet shirt and took out my nipple rings. They weren’t my favorite ones but they were metal. Dropping them on the counter, I studied the slight burn and deciding it wasn’t so bad after all, I rinsed out the cloth Zack had given me and cleaned myself up.

Sighing as a shiver shot down my spine, I glanced up into the mirror at the man leaning against the door frame.

Clearing his throat he held out my bag, “I thought you might appreciate your own things,”

“Thank you,” dropping the cloth in the sink, I hesitated. Did I turn and grab the bag to pull out my shirt or let him continue to stand there holding the damn thing like a hostage? Shaking my head at the audacity of my own thoughts, I used my left hand to reach across my chest and turned to move past him grabbing the bag as I passed.

We were mates now and it wasn’t like he hadn’t ever seen me topless before this morning.

“We are going to have to talk,” still behind me, I nodded pulling my shirt over my head before turning to face him.

“I know, but first how about some coffee I don’t end up wearing” winking, I took his hand hoping to show him I was okay with this and started towards the hall pulling him behind me.