Status: New A7X ~Jimmy is in the story~

Almost Easy

Three

Humming along to the song playing through Bridget’s mind, I responded as necessary to the man Eve had been so excited to introduce me too.

Smoothing out an imaginary crease in the simple red dress I wore, I sighed and with a defiant flick of my eyes in her directions I shook my head at Phillip and turned on my heel leaving the damned room, Eve’s frantic excuses reaching my ears as the door shut behind me.

Smiling at the doormen, I moved into the larger room cleared to make space for all the additional bodies a small space in the center for dancing, I moved quickly and quietly through the crowd and headed to the back corner of the room where at least for a moment I would be alone.

Ducking into the shadows I slumped against the wall hand on my chest. Why was it so important that I have a mate; why couldn’t I just be alone? I enjoyed being alone.

”What the hell is wrong with you?” howling in outrage, Eve made sure to keep the conversation strictly mental as she searched for me. ”Phillip is a hunk and he’s smart. Not to mention with five older brothers he isn’t ever likely to be head of the family. He is a perfect match for you,

”Wait wait wait just one second Eve – Annie did you seriously walk away from the wall flower?” drifting past my hiding spot, Victoria winked in my direction as Dawn giggled beside her.

”Don’t you dare encourage her,” stalking the room, Eve pulled to a stop beside Matt as he wrapped an arm around her waist and whispered something in her ear.

Startled as her hand clamped on my wrist, I found myself trying frantically to make it look like I was following and not being dragged as Victoria slid across the room graceful like every other movement she made.

“Since you walked away from him, I am positive you will enjoy Lord Dominic,” digging in my heels as she pulled, I snarled eyes narrowed. “And don’t look at me like that,” stopping next to her mate and a tall blonde male she quickly introduced the two of us.

Bowing his head, a stray lock fell across his eyes “Lady Chaos,” humming my own greeting I offered a smile as I continued to curse out Victoria and Eve for the constant match making attempts.

Clearing her throat, she barely flinched as I stepped up the creativity of my cursing her attention firmly placed on Lord Dominic, “Perhaps a dance to help break the ice,” placing my still held captive hand in his, she pushed him to the small dance space, snorting with laughter at something Brian was saying.

Barely paying any attention to the words dropping from his mouth, I looked around the room for some means of escape.

“-for your hand, correct?” ceasing my turn, I stopped dancing and stared at him as if he had grown a second head.

Opening my mouth, I shut it looking for something to say. Opening it again, I stifled my laughter, “I’m sorry what did you say?”

“I was only commenting on how as heir to my family, I need a domicile woman - a quiet wife if you will and you fill that in spades. You are also very beautiful and our children would be lovely I am sure. Do I ask Lord Vengeance for your hand? Technically, I believe you fall under his race –“dropping his hand, I looked around quickly relieved to find Jimmy stopping next to us.

“May I cut in,” grabbing my hand as I nodded quickly, I stopped as Jimmy pulled me into his arms and looked back at Lord Dominic.

“Ask him if you will but I already know the answer,” swept off the floor Jimmy, twirled until a blast of fresh, chill air hit my face.

“You looked like you needed a break my darling,” holding out his smokes, I took one lighting it quickly as Bridget joined us practically in tears.

“You won’t believe,” snorting she slapped my ass snagging the lit cigarette from my fingers as she tried to stifle her laughter, “what I just overheard” passing back the smoke she leaned against the railing on the balcony and tsked in joy, “that pompus douche you were dancing with is asking Zack for your hand – something about you being just the right level of quiet that you’d make the perfect lady in his house. Anyways, Zack asked him if you had agreed to mate him and he actually had the nerve and this is where it gets fantastic, he said as a women you didn’t have the right to object and Zack straightened right up ohh and Johnny did not look impressed either. So Zack said –“

“How archaic would he have our society be that a woman of such lineage did not have a say in her own mating,” hands deep in his pockets, Zack stared between the three of us. “A moment, Annie”

Nodding my head, I took another drag as Bridget huffed her hand wandering to my hip. “Not only did you ruin the story Zachary, you destroyed my chance at a threesome” placing her lips to mine as I exhaled on a laugh she wiggled up close her hand closing on my wrist, tongue darting around my elongating fangs, “Hmm I thought so, delicious” pulling back as she disappeared reappearing next to Jimmy and slipped her arm through his before leading him back inside, his objections ringing loud.

“I don’t understand her,” placing his hands on the railing he looked out over the space, trailing most likely as I did frequently, the tree line.

“I don’t even try,” pushing the butt against the stone; I flicked it into the tray before approaching the rail. “What did you need?”

Humming, he blinked turning his green eyes towards me “Actually I just –“pausing he glanced back to the open doors and raised his upper lip. “I need someone to watch my house for a few days, I am taking Nell on vacation and when we get back, I hope to bring her in,” watching my expression I knew he could see my smile tighten, what he didn’t know was why.

“I’d love too,” softening my expression, I stared at the fountain smack in the middle of the yard. “When should I swing by?”

“In the morning, um we are leaving early so whenever it’ll only be four days I’ll be back late Saturday,” rambling he stared trying to pick apart my careful smile. “Look I know none of you ladies are really that found of Nell but I want you to know I appreciate how nice you’ve been especially since I haven’t been able to see her much and that’s hard on her. She –“

“Told you we ran into each other,” did she also tell you how she verbally attacked me and accused me of being a whore, ready for any of my friends to use! “yeah, look I don’t mind, have fun make sure you call to make me jealous of where ever you are,” turning to return to the party, Victoria’s mind simpering with anger at my thoughts, I stopped when he grabbed my hand.

“Is everything alright Annie, you seem distant”

Waving him off, I nodded pulling my hand free before turning and moving inside. “Fine Vengeance, I’m fine,”

”SHE WHAT??? That smug little bitch, I will rip her to shreds.

Gripping my skirt, I exhaled quickly forced a smile and moved back into the room ignoring the heavy stare on my back and the fuming Victoria. Moving across the room I slipped my arm through Dawn’s asking quietly for the girls to let it go and for there to be no more introductions tonight.

Lost in the swirl of color on the dance floor, I sipped my wine and wished for beer and the night to finally be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will probably be a few more updates today -> around my homework naturally. BONUS: I finish the first half of my classes July 3rd and will have 2 WHOLE MONTHS OFF!!!