Status: New A7X ~Jimmy is in the story~

Almost Easy

Five

Standing in front of the large display of liquor, I glanced down at the already half full cart and then back at the beer. Shrugging indifferently, I grabbed two 12 packs and slid them on the lower rack of the cart and moved towards the whiskey.

Zack hadn’t said anything about replenishing his cabinet but I felt bad. He was coming home from what should have been four days of pretty much nonstop sex and instead was a break up and his lousy, degenerate friends had cleared him out of all his booze.

Shaking my head, I laughed at the memory of what we had done to Nell’s things.

Once we had finished wearing them and divvying out the shoes we had thrown everything else into Zack’s pool – oh crap.

Stopping in the middle of the aisle I stared ahead lifelessly. It was all still in the pool and Zack would be back in less than twelve hours. Rummaging through my pockets I pulled out my phone and dialed Dawn.

“Hello Sugarpl-“

“We have to clean out the pool!” panicked I tried to imagine Zack’s expression when he discovered the soaked clothing and colored water.

Dead silence created me as it cleared through Dawn’s mind. “I’ll call pool cleaners,”

“I’ll double the pay if they can get it done tonight – no triple, just find someone” flapping my free hand, I apologized to the employee I had just slapped and hung up on the stammering. “Sorry, I’m not an alcoholic if that’s what you are thinking,” well I wasn’t.

Grabbing the last couple bottles of what I was pretty sure had come out of the cabinet, I quickly moved to the checkout and paid for the two and a half carts.

Maybe I had gone a little overboard.

Feelings of guilt now squashed, I accepted the assistance and headed to the car pushing the one cart. I would pick up Zack in the morning and then go home and sleep in my own bed and dream about his tub.

Staring at all the liquor now loaded in the trunk I blinked, thanking the store associates for their help.

In the meantime, I would take all of this back to his place put it away, clean up a bit and watch the pool to be sure it was done on time and maybe, just maybe if there was enough time – squeeze in one more bath.

Climbing in the driver’s seat, I started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot and headed for the nearest Starbucks. I was going to need coffee if I planned on surviving the night.

**

Jumping as I slipped under the water for the third time, I sat up and looked around wiping the water from my face. Blinking rapidly I reached for my phone and groaned before bolting out of the tub, turning back once to pull the plug on the cold water.

Dressing quickly, I grabbed my shoes and headed downstairs where I had left my purse and keys and then ran barefoot across the damp grass. I had forty five minutes to make an hour and half drive.

Sliding across the passenger seat, I wished someone had been there to see that but quickly got back to business. Stepping on the gas, I reached out mentally to Vic seeking a little driving assistance.
”Do you have any idea what time it is Annie? Not to mention, how bad a time you have decided to –“

”Ugh, please tell me later. I need you to keep the lights green or I don’t know make me invisible to traffic cams,

Cringing at the idea of what I had interrupted, I stepped on the gas as she agreed giving me the go ahead. Turning up the stereo, I sang along to Love Bites by Halestorm and hoped I made it in time or at least that his flight would be delayed.

Screeching to a halt in the closest parking space, I mentally high fived myself as I made a run for the airport taking two steps before I realized I had left the vehicle running and still hadn’t put my shoes on.

Holding up one finger to the elder couple watching from the doors, I turned back shutting off the car and grabbing my shoes. Hopping foot to foot, I managed to get the one shoe on as I reached Zack’s gate number and fell on my ass with the other shoe on my toes.

“Damn it,” grumbling, I glanced around hoping no one had seen my little mishap and was disappointed to see three people openly staring.

“Annie,” shaking with laughter Zack reached down and gripping my elbows pulled me up, managing somehow I hoped to make it look like he had helped and not picked me up.

“Tell me you didn’t see that,” holding onto his arm, I reached down fixing my shoe as he continued to shake.

“See what,” snorting with laughter, he fixed the back of my shirt.

Laughing diabolically, I held up one finger and did my best to look demonic, “exactly,” slipping my arm through his, I pulled it out again and just for the amusement of torturing the same elderly couple from before, I slapped his ass keeping my hand there and squeezed. Satisfied by her gasp, I put my arm back through his and smiled up at him. “I missed you,” taking a second to turn slightly as the couple moved away from us quickly, I bated my lashes at him, “Did you take those nudes for me, you know how I hate when you go away,”

Shaking his head he realized quickly what I was playing at and winked, pulling me flush against his chest one hand trailing down my back until it stopped on my ass. “Mhm, baby it was only fair after that video you sent,” growling he tightened his grip as I started shaking with silent laughter.

Pushing away from him, I snickered. “I really did miss you, Come on, you owe me breakfast for getting me up this early,” grabbing his hand, I pulled him towards the baggage claim and catching sight of the old woman still watching us, I winked sticking my tongue against my cheek.

Grinning as she turned beet red, I tried to reign myself in.

“Annie, you’re wet,” stopping as he watched for his bags, I blinked mentally checking to see if my hormones had gotten the better of me before I remembered I was wet, from the tub.

Choosing to keep that to myself I shrugged when he looked back at me, bag now in hand. Holding out mine, I scrunched my nose as he took it and turned us towards the doors.

“Alright, let’s go feed the monster” cheering, I tried to clap before I realized he had my hand and shrugged.