Status: New A7X ~Jimmy is in the story~

Almost Easy

Six

Opening the front door, I stopped as a ball of fur darted through my legs. “Little shit,” putting my keys down, I moved up the stairs as Zack came in with his stuff and Icky on his heels, I went to go grab my things before I could head home.

Knowing he needed some space right now, I had no intention of taking too long to get out. Doing one final check, I zipped up my bag and started back down the hall stopping only to run check his bathroom and thankfully, I had remembered everything.

Grinning at a job well done, I darted back up the hall to check the pool from the back window. Nodding my head at another clearly well done job, I headed down the stairs dropping my bag by the door before I stepped into the living room to say goodbye.

Stopping, I glanced from Zack to the door and kicked off my shoes before walking to the kitchen.

“You don’t have to stay Annie, I appreciate everything you’ve done already” rolling my eyes at the liquor cupboard, I grabbed a couple bottles of Jack before turning back to him.

As I suspected, he had been watching me so leaning against the frame I held out the brand new bottle and shrugged.

“Honestly, what is waiting for me at my own house? My cupboard is empty and yours is freshly stocked,” pushing back into the room, I held the bottle out for him to take and once it was out of my hand, I tucked my one leg up on the couch before sitting on both.

“You didn’t have to stock it,”

“I know,” reaching over with my now open bottle I tapped his before taking a swing. “I also couldn’t leave without making sure you were okay. I mean really, how many vampires could there possibly be in the Dominican.” Grinning as the corner of his mouth lifted blocked now by the bottle I took another swing of my own rubbing Icky’s side with my foot.

“Yeah right, I know you are only here for those nudes,” shrugging, I wiggled my eyebrows and slammed back some more Jack.

I meant it when I had said I wasn’t going to leave until I knew he was okay. It could be a long day.

**

Lying on the floor the coffee table pushed off center, I picked my head up long enough to take another swing of tequila. I knew I would feel this later; tequila was not my friend, already I had lost my shirt to its magical persuasion.

“I just, you know I don’t understand how – I mean you know,” trailing off; I turned my head to look at him as he rose up to have another drink too.

“I totally know man, what a fucking whore and you know what I don’t know – why the hell it is so important to everyone that we have mates man. I mean we could totally just be alone,”

Slapping the floor, he tried nodding his head and when that didn’t work he turned his head to look at me. “I know, I mean I have to because I only have a year left before I have to step down if I don’t have an heir. I don’t want to step down Annie, I like leading,” whining, he pouted as I sat up straight reaching for another bottle.

Shaking empty after empty, I shrugged laying back down. “I don’t but Eve is all, you have to have babies and I mean, what if I don’t like babies,”

“You, you like babies. You are really good with – Annie!” Sitting up suddenly, he smacked his head into the couch. Snorting with laughter as he rubbed his forehead, I sat up slowly.

“What?” grinning, I laughed wriggling my nose.

“You and me, what if we – will you be my mate? I mean, I like you; you are smart and funny and great with babies and I need a baby,” pausing, he looked at me as I stared, “-and a mate and you and I know you aren’t ever going to like anyone that the girls think you’ll like. We could,”

“kill everyone?” grinning, I nodded my head enthusiastically as he shook his head.

“No, no Annie will you be my mate? We could do it right now and everything. It’s a great idea,” taking my hands in his, he stared unmoving, unblinking and waited.

Squinting my eyes, I shook my head “Yes,” dropping my hands; he took my chin and moved it up and down. “That way Annie,”

“Oh,” exclaiming, I took over nodding my head. “Yeah, let’s totally do it”

Clapping his hands, he checked his pockets. Watching as he kept looking for something, I waited humming along to the music playing quietly from somewhere on the couch.

“Ah ha,” crawling back towards me, knife between his teeth he sat down. “You put it in the drawer, why did you – never mind,” taking my hand, he sliced my left palm before cutting his right. “Do you remember how,” pausing he wiped the blade on his jeans, “Oh right, I Vengeance, head of the Vampire lines take you Chaos as my mate, through this life and the next. You shall have my body, blood and home as your sanctuary” taking my hand again, he entwined our fingers pressing the cuts together.

Giggling, I dropped my head back and scooted closer. “I, Chaos head of nothing and no one accept you Vengeance, as my mate. I will try not to be trouble and give you what you need not what you want because those aren’t the same – through this life and the next,” biting my lip, I leaned back as the vows bound the connection in a blinding light.

Looking from our joined hands to my face, Zack sat back a little. Suddenly aware of how pale he was, I realized why he was staring at our hands. Blood was still running down our wrists from the cuts and a vampire has to eat.

Pulling my hand from his, I pushed up on my knees and moved closer till I sat in his lap one knee on either side of him. Tilting my head, I moved my hair out of the way and took a deep breath as his fangs sank into the vein causing my body to shudder.

Dropping his hand to the small of my back he pushed me closer as he drank, his fingers kneading the muscles until they relaxed. Easing off he traced small circles in the area as he began to pull away, teeth retracting. Still he kept his face at my neck; if he was shy this wasn’t the best position for it.
Pushing back from him, he stopped drawing and pressed his hand firmly into my back. I knew now that it wasn’t only me feeding bothered. Being the feeder gave me the same rush as feeding and if I stayed in this position much longer, I wasn’t going to be able to stop myself.

Moving his free hand, he ran it slowly up my side stopping at my bra. Cocking his head to the side he stared up at me as my breathing increased, my chest rising and falling rapidly a sign that was very hard to miss. Biting my lip, I waited as a flicker of indecision crossed his face.

On second thought, taking that moment I let go of my lip and took his instead. Kissing him slowly, I waited because he was either going to kiss back or pull away. Sighing in relief as he took over, I moved my hand from my side to grip the back of his neck holding him there.

Easing down, I sat on his lap shivering as his fingers traced the underside of my bra dipping down to slide down my side and up my back before swooping underneath again.

Deepening what had started as my kiss; I reached back with my free hand and unhooked the damn thing before shaking its straps down my shoulder. Realizing I was going to have to let go of his neck, I did but instead of pushing at my bra straps, I reached for the hem of his shirt pulling it up until he had to raise his arms.

Throwing the item off to the side, I returned the grin as he pulled back tearing my bra off to join his shirt before he gripped my ass firmly and raised me up to capture my nipple with his teeth. Leaning forward, he lowered us until my back hit the wood floor his teeth trailing lightly over its captive.

Arching, I dropped back on the floor slipping my hands between us to reach for his jeans. If either of us actually remembered this, I hoped it wouldn’t be embarrassing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well now that I actually have a minute to update, I find myself increasingly glad I actually this story almost completely written. LOL.