The Tick Tock of the Clock

They're bad, bad people.

“Go away!” I yelled through the door. “Jack.” Jack looked up at me from his coloring book. The friend he had over glanced at him before looking at me. “Don’t open the door for him.” I warned. Jack frowned looking at the door. “I don’t care that it’s Pete.” I added crouching down in front of them. “He has bad men with him. Do you hear me? Bad, bad men that’ll hurt us. Okay?” Jack looked at his friend with wide eyes then at me. “Same goes for you too Mikey.” I stated pointing at his friend. They both nodded. “Okay. I’ll be right back with you’re lunches.” I stated standing up and walking past the window by the door.

I slammed my hand against the window making the butcher and Sisky pull back away from the window quickly.

“That was uncalled for!” Butcher yelled. I stopped looking at them. Popping my hip I glared at him. “Let us in.” He whined. Sisky pushed him aside glaring at me.

“Don’t make me get death up in here!” He yelled. Rolling my eyes I pulled the string letting the blinds drop. “Aw, not cool.” Sisky whimpered.

“You totally just got shut out.” I herd Butcher muttered through his laughter. I glanced back at the two boys coloring before moving into the kitchen. I froze as the door jolted.

“I win! Told you I can pick any lock!”

“Dear god no.” I whispered turning to the door. “Boys go to Jack’s room.” I stated they nodded running off as I watched a hand come through the space messing with the gold chain.

I waited till I herd Jack’s door closed.

“Pete I can’t believe you brought Gabe!” He barked moving to the door. “Move your hand or lose it Saporta.” I hissed the hand retreated and I quickly kicked the door closed as forcefully as possibly before pulling it open and glaring at all four men. “If you don’t leave, they wont ever find you.” I hissed at them. Pete sighed.

“Blah, Blah, Blah.” He muttered moving his hand at me. “I’m sorry all you do is threaten, but you never act.” He shrugged leaning in. “And you can’t do anything from in there.” He added. Blinking I stared at him.

“I’m not coming out and I work for you in two days.” I stated smirking at him. “There won’t be witnesses or doors to keep you safe.” I added closing the door I relocking in.

“Burn.” I echoed from the other three as they burst with laughter.

“Come on Ella. Jack should meet his uncles.” Pete whined. Rolling my eyed I walked back to the kitchen and began making sandwiches. “Can you at least feed us? Or call Tom?” Pete asked lightly.

“Tom is in your speed dial, number two.” I called and grabbed the box of cereal bars. Moving to the door I opened it and tossed the box out before closing the door.

“I call Cheerios!” Sisky screamed.

“Coco Puffs!” Gabe yelled. I could imagine him with his arms over his head as he declared the fact.

“Cinnamon toast crunch!” Butcher yelled.

“No! That only leave fruit loops and those blow in cereal bars!” Pete yelled in complete and utter distress at the fact. I paused as my phone began to ring. Pulling it out I looked at Pete’s name.

“I said two not one!” I yelled.

“I pressed… oh… Sorry!” The call ended and I rolled my eyes grabbing Jack and Mikey’s food. Walking to Jack’s room I set the plates on the floor by them.

“Are you going to go out there?” Mikey asked softly. I smiled at him as they both gave me worried looks.

“It’s only Pete and his friends. They’re not really bad guys. But I don’t want them to scare you guys. They’re a bit over… over the top.” I stated they both nodded. “And I don’t think you’re mom would be happy if you meet them Mikey. They’re not really the best people.” I stated. Mikey nodded as I ruffled both their hair. “Eat your lunch and we’ll see if you meet any of them.” I stated standing up as they nodded. If it was one thing I noticed was, Mikey could read Jack’s mind better than anyone could.

“Jack wants to know if he’s ever going to see Pete again.” Mikey stated as I got to the door. I laughed nodded.

“Yeah, don’t worry Jack Pete’s always going to be around no matter what.” I stated they both nodded as I left the room. Gabbing my keys I left the apartment locking the door behind me. Turning I faced them all holding their cereal bars; other than butcher who looked as if he’d shoved two of them in his mouth already.

“You’re ass wholes.” I stated softly.

“Can we please meet the little guy?” Sisky asked softly. I glanced between them all as Butcher swallowed what was in his mouth.

“We’ll be good.” He stated softly smiling at me. I paused looking at the two. “I promise I’ll be Andy.” He stated smiling at me sweetly. I’ve also found two sides to Butcher. The Butcher, his wild crazy side that fits perfectly with Sisky’s out there ideas; and then there’s Andy, the normal, down to earth boy who loves taking pictures and playing drums on his free time.

“I’ll Be Adam!” Sisky stated. I frowned. Adam and Sisky were the same people under different names. “Okay, I’ll be the Adam my mother knows.” He stated. That was the well behaved whipped boy I could stand Jack meeting.

“I’ll be me.” I frowned at Gabe’s words and his wide smile. Crossing my arms over my chest he sighed hanging his head. “Fine I’ll be your bitch.” He groaned. I smiled lightly looking at Pete.

“I’ve already met the little dude, I’m golden.” Frowning I kicked him in the shin unlocking the door. “Ow.” He whined as I went back inside closing the door tightly. “Hey I thought they were meeting him.” He called through the locked door.

“In a minute I gotta do something.” I called back picking up the card with Mikey’s mother’s number on it. I frowned softly as I walked back to the door opening it for them. “Sit on the couch and don’t move and be quite.” I hissed at them. Saluting they all sat down waiting as I dialed. “I hear one peep out of any of you, and you’re dead.” I hissed out of them pointing a finger at them. They nodded slowly. Only Butcher and Sisky looked surprised, Gabe and Pete were use to it.

I hit the call button and pressed the phone to my ear.

Hello?” came after several rings.

“Hi, this is Isabella Phight.” I stopped hearing a choke. My eyes landed on Gabe with his hand over his mouth. He gave me a sheepish look as another followed. It sounded more like a cough, but with Gabe anything is possible and everything should be questioned.

Oh my god, is something wrong with Michael?” She gasped. I blinked a bit startled.

“No, no. Everything is fine.” I stated a bit worried. This woman already seemed to hate me and was very reluctant to even let Mikey play with Jack. “But my boss came by with a few of his clients and I wanted to know if it was okay with you that they’re here so that you don’t freak out when you get here. Because knowing them they aren’t leaving for a while.” I stated. There was a dead pause on the line. “They’re good people, they really are.” I stated. “Jack’s always around them so I just wanted to know if it was okay with you that Michael is around them.” I sighed into the phone getting no response. I paused for a while as I watched the guys mouth confused responses to each other.

They won’t hurt him?” I held back my laughter.

“If they even try to scare him, I’ll have to kill them.” I stated. She laughed nervously.

Then I guess it’s okay.” I smiled lightly.

“Alright, I’ll see you around six.” I stated. I froze as she hung up on me. “Bitch.” I whispered to the phone.

“You shouldn’t talk about your self.” I chucked the phone at Gabe and watched as it glanced off his head. “Sorry, Sorry. I’m the bitch, I know.” He whimpered hanging his head.

“Now.” I muttered pointing a finger at them. “There is another kid here. You try to ever scare him and I will kill you when they go back to Jack’s room to play.” I stated they nodded. “Be very nice.” I muttered lightly. “Jack, Mikey can you come here?” I asked the door creaked open. They both rushed to me as I crouched down. “Now Jack these are you uncles.” I stated. Both he and Mikey looked up at me.

“You said dey were bad.” Mikey hushed as Jack nodded.

“They were being bad outside and have their bad moments like everyone.” I stated. Jack frowned at them as Mikey eyed them unsure.

“I feel like I’m being sized up for two four year olds.”

“Gabe.” I growled. He lifted his hands. “You are.” I added he laughed. “Mikey that’s Pete.” I pointed at Pete. He waved as both boys tucked themselves into my chest and arms safely. “That’s Uncle Gabe, he’s weird and spaces out a lot.” I stated. Gabe froze and blinked.

“What?” He teased.

“Don’t make me hurt you Saporta.” I stated blankly. Pete clapped laughed as Sisky and butcher held it back trying to be on their best behavior. “That’s Uncle Andy,” I pointed at the butcher. He waved. “We call him Butcher…” Both boys looked up at me a bit startled. “Because it’s his middle name and he gets mixed up with Jack’s other Uncle Andy.” I lied quickly. All four clapped at me for my quick save and wit. Raising my brows lightly at them I smiled at Sisky. “That’s Uncle Adam but we call him by his last name Sisky so we don’t confuse him with other Adam’s.” I whispered they nodded lightly. “Guys this is Jack,” I pointed at Jack. “And this is his friend Mikey.” I muttered softly. They all waved lightly. “Play nice while I make your uncles’ lunch.” I stated ruffling both their hairs.

I watched Jack take step towards Pete but stop when Mikey didn’t move. Jack grabbed Mikey’s hand and pulled him towards Pete and tugged on Pete’s pant leg and pointed at Mikey.

“Hi Mikey.” Pete waved. I watched them lightly as Butcher stood up walking toward me. “I’m Pete.” Pete muttered.

“Be nice.” I called as Butcher pulled me into the kitchen.

“Stop being a mother hen.” He laughed lightly moving to the kitchen and rooting through it. Frowning I kicked him the ass as I moved to get bread for the sandwiches I was going to make for them.

“I’m not a mother hen. Now go tell Jack and Mikey to bring their plates out of Jack’s room and in here.” I stated lightly.

“Mother hen.” He huffed leaving the room to do my bidding. Rolling my eyes I made him a peanut butter and banana sandwich before making him a ham and cheese sandwich just to piss him off. I made Pete, Gabe and Sisky massive sandwiches making sure to keep the meat off Gabe’s. “Dead done.” He stated bowing at me as Jack and Mikey walked in.

“Get the others. Lunches ready.” I stated putting Jack and Mikey’s plates on the table as they climbed up into the chairs. Saluting Butcher turned on his heels drawing in a deep breath.

“Lunch.” He whispered. Turning around he smiled sitting down. Laughing I gave him his peanut butter and banana sandwich for that one. “I love you.” He whispered taking a bit talking with Mikey and Jack lightly.

“Hey Ella.” Sisky stated walking in the kitchen ten minutes later. “Evil.” I pointed at Butcher. “Smooth.” He laughed as I gave him his sandwich. Gabe and Pete entered a couple minutes later when Sisky didn’t return.

“You’re mean.” Gabe whined biting into his sandwich as they all sat around the table eating lunch.

“My fault.” Butcher laughed through a mouth full of his third sandwich.

“Don’t talk with food in your mouth.” He signed me a sorry on his chest as he chewed. “Forgiven.”

“What does that mean?” Mikey asked.

“It means sorry in sign language.” I stated lightly. Mikey and Jack glanced at each other. “I have a friend who can’t talk so that’s how we have to talk to her.” I added for them. They nodded slowly.