The Tick Tock of the Clock

Mob boss

“Pete.” I huffed at him, my chests puffed out. “Put me down.” I hissed at him as the ER doors swished open hitting us both with cool air. “Peter.” I growled at him as he walked to the desk. “Put me down.” He stated pointing.

“You’re cranky with out your morning coffee aren’t you?” He teased lightly as he stood behind the desk. The woman looked up at us as he smiled down at her. “She stepped on glass and she’s bleeding like you wouldn’t believe.” He stated the woman nodded lightly as I rolled my eyes.

“I’m fine.” I huffed.

“She’s delusional.” Pete cut in tossing me a bit. Glaring up at him I frowned.

“Name?” The nurse asked lightly as see eyed us both.

“I’m Pete Wentz, this is Isabella Phight.” The nurse just hummed lightly as she typed it in.

“Insurance?” Pete set me down in the chair and placed my purse on the table.

“Uno memento, she’s got it in her somewhere.” He stated digging through my purse. My eyes instantly drew to the gold band on his left ring finger. My eyes narrowed at it as it glistened at me in the florescent lights. “Found it!” He stated passing her both my ID and my insurance card. The nurse laughed softly taking them from him.

“Pete.”

“You’re not fine.” He cut in as he took the other empty seat next to me. He smiled at me and took my right hand in his left.

“Not what I was going for.” I mused as my brows narrowed at him, my eyes dropping to out hands. He hummed a bit confused as he watched me. Slowly I turned our hands over and moved them so the ring glinted. I eyed it closely it was his grandfather’s ring.

“That…” He whispered softly as he nibbled on his bottom lip lightly.

“Yeah, that.” I stated letting out hands drop.

“What are you to her?” the nurse asked, Pete’s head snapped up.

“Fiancé.” He stated as if it were nothing. The nurse nodded.

“It’ll be a little while but a doctor with see you, if you could please go sit in the waiting room.” Pete nodded and stood up, putting my ID and insurance card back in my purse.

“Pete…” I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose. He scoped me up quickly. “I’m going to beat the crap out of you.” I hissed through gritted teeth. He laughed softly as he put me down on a bench in the waiting room. My pulled my legs over his lap to keep my foot elevated.

“Just go with it.” He sighed patting my leg softly as I leaned back in my seat and pinched the bridge of my nose. “Please? I don’t want you going back their by your self.” He sighed. Letting go of my nose I stared at him a bit confused and sighed.

“Fine.” I whispered. He leaned over hugging me tightly and sighed lightly before he pressed his lips to my temple. “Pete…what’s wrong with you?” I asked softly as he pulled me to him a bit.

“Nothings wrong with me.” He sighed watching the nurses call people back. “I just want you to be okay.” I sighed and rested my head against his shoulder. “I don’t like when you’re hurt or sick. It worries me because you’re never hurt or sick.”

“You just don’t wanna deal with the bank or bill collectors.” I huffed.

“No, I don’t like being with out my best friend.” He stated lightly. I sighed softly as he began playing with the ends of my hair lightly.

“You’re a freak.” I whispered into his shoulder lightly.

“So…whose party were you two going to?” My eyes lifted slowly at the woman’s voice. I blinked a bit startled to see the blonde woman. I frowned lightly. “And you say you’re not married. I can see why, you’re still only engaged.” She sighed pushing her blonde hair out of her face.

Pete leaned down towards me.

“I thought you sent Jessica after her.” He whispered.

“I did.” I grumbled lightly picking my purse up and digging through it. I sighed lightly as I shifted through the stuff, a good portion of it Pete’s and Jack’s, hardly any of it mine. My hand locked around my cell phone and I pulled it out and began sorting through all text messages I got.

“What are you doing?” Pete asked confused.

“Getting a rabid attack dog.” I grumbled as I opened a new text message. He laughed softly.

“Are you two going to ignore me, or are you going to give me the real scoop on your two?” She hissed. I sighed looking up at her as I pulled at my bottom lip lightly with my free hand.

“I stepped on a glass bottle this morning, that’s the scoop. Happy?” I snapped at her. Pete laughed softly.

“Why don’t you and all the other magazines just leave us alone?” Pete asked softly.

“I wanna know about your son. How have you kept him a secret for so long? Where is he now?”

“Just leave us alone.” I snapped at her as I sent my message. “Okay? So just go away.” I growled.

“You’re an angry little woman aren’t you?” She asked softly. “I bet you hurt Pete all the time… like his reference to last Christmas in California.” She stated holding up a tape recorder and hitting play.

It played the conversation we’d had in the hallway.

“I never did take you to the exorcist.” Pete teased. Sighing I slapped his chest lightly. “Shutting up.” He whispered “And that was an accident.” He added pointing at her.

“Saying it or what happened?” She whispered.

“Both.” Pete stated, I slapped his chest again. “What?”

“Shut up before you talk yourself into a whole you can’t get yourself out of.” I whispered. He nodded.

“I do that a lot don’t I?” He chuckled at the thought as I nodded. “Hmm… you think I’d learn, wouldn’t you?”

“Yeah, I gave up on that a long time ago.” I mumbled into his shoulder as the woman glared at us.

“I’m putting the quote in my article along with everything else I’ve gotten.”

“And what have you gotten?” I snapped crossing my arms over my chest tightly. “Doctored photos?” I breathed lightly, completely and utterly confused as to how she was going to create an article. “Sound bites you’ve completely taken out of context?”

“How about five minutes ago when Pete admitted to being your fiancé?” Pete and I both froze as she got up with a laugh and left. My phone vibrated and I glanced down at it. “That’s what I’ve got, and I’ve got it on tape.” She laughed.

Chuckling I placed my hand over my mouth as Pete looked down at me a bit confused. The woman stopped and sat back down again. Smiling at her I licked my lips as she crossed her legs and crossed her hands over her knees.

“What’s so funny?” She asked. “I’m going to expose you for what you two really are and show the world your secret life and son. I bet you have more kids.”

“What are you laughing at?” Pete asked a bit confused.

“You’ll see.” I whispered to him and looked over at the woman. “It’s sad you have to go to such lengths to fabricate a story. Can’t you go bug Tom Cruz or some other idiot that screws up a lot? I mean, jeez Paris Hilton could be stripping her cloths in the middle of the street somewhere and you’re missing it trying to make something out of nothing.” I stated to her. She frowned.

“I don’t get to pick what story I’m on. I’m just suppose to report on Pete and never has anything this big come around that I don’t have to fabricate.”

“No, you’re fabricating it.” He stated nodding.

“Oh crap.” Pete whispered. He quickly stuffed his left hand under his thigh and nibbled on his bottom lip nervously. “Hi sweetie.” He stated as I waved at the tall blonde in hot pink.

“What?” The reporter muttered looking up. “Hello.” She stated. Jessica let out a deep breath.

“I’ve been looking for you everywhere.” Jessica hissed. She snapped. “Boys take her to the car.” Two larger guys walked in and picked up the blonde reporter.

“Never make up stories about me,” Pete laughed. “My lovable stalker’s get mad.” He stated giving Jessica a hug. “How are you?” he asked

‘Left hand.” She snapped holding her hand out. Pete pulled his hand out and showed her. “Where’s your grandfathers ring?” She whispered playing with the chain around his neck. Pete sat forward messing with it.

“Oh shit.” He whispered looking around quickly.

“Okay, Okay.” Jessica stated stopping him from getting up. “I’ll find it.” She stated poking his nose. “And what happened to you?” She asked looking at me and then my foot.

“Stepped on a broken bottle on accident this morning trying to get Pete ready.” I stated clicking my tongue. Jessica shook her head.

“You need to be neater mister.” The reported blinked a bit surprised. “I’ll deal with her and then go clean up his apartment.” She kissed Pete’s forehead and stood up. “To the car.” She snapped the guys nodded walking out. “Bye Petey.” She giggled with a smile as she left.

“How’d you do that?” Pete whispered as he pulled his grandfather’s ring out from under his leg and put it back on his ring finger.

“Asked her what happened to her dealing with that stupid reporter. She told me she couldn’t find her and it was pissing her off. I told her we were at the hospital because I got hurt and I thought I saw the reporter here, following us. She said give me five minutes.” I shrugged lightly. “So I did.” I shrugged. Pete’s mouth opened softly as he sat there frozen.

“You could be like… a mob leader. You’re good. Have you ever thought of doing that?” He gasped as I watched all the possibilities rush behind his dark eyes.

“I did, then I started working for you and that’s a full time job all on it’s own. Let alone running a mob ring.” Pete nodded.

“No argument there.” He laughed.

“Isabella Phight?” Pete scoped me up as I clutched my purse and phone tightly. “and you are sir?”

“Fiancé.” Pete stated, coughing lightly as he stiffened. The nurse nodded.

“This way.” He nodded following her down the bright white hallway. I huffed, I hated hospitals.