The Tick Tock of the Clock

one sides converstations

Sitting in the hotel room I sighed. My hands found their way to my hips as my eyes scanned the destroyed hotel room for the little monster and his friend.

“Jack?” I asked looking around. “Aaron?” I tried. Jack had made friends with the boy that lived across the street from Pete. “Boys?” I asked. My pocket vibrated. Pausing I pulled it out confused. Pete’s name flashed across the screen for a new text message.

Peewee
Save me!!


Rolling my eyes I opened a reply, wandering towards the giggles near the bathroom.

Ella
Pete, it’s a party. How bad can it be?


I asked, sending the message back to me. Putting my phone in my pocket I stopped seeing Aaron and Jack playing in the bathtub, trying to give Hemmingway a bath.

“Oh dear god.” I whispered at them covered in soap and dog drool. Water, soap, and body wash were everywhere in the bathroom. My pocket began to scream That’s What You Get by Paramore. Pulling it out I didn’t even look at the caller ID. “Yes Peewee?” I asked softly, still watching Jack and Aaron attempt to was Hemmingway.

this party blows…” hushed through my phone at me. Rolling my eyes I sighed. “I mean, it would be fun is… Hi how are you… good… if I didn’t have to deal with. I’m sorry, I’m not looking for anyone right now. If I didn’t have to deal with almost every girl hitting on me. I mean… where the hell is Gabe or… like… Singer. They like getting hit on. … I’m fine thank you. It’s business. Sorry.

“So You’re not looking and I’m business?” I asked confused.

No I’m with you and you’re not business, you’re my savor. But I want to just come back to the hotel, lay down and go to sleep.” He whispered at me. I could hear Gym Class Heroes playing in the background.

“Well even if you came back, you wouldn’t be laying down and sleeping. I can’t even get Jack and Aaron to bed.” I sighed lightly. “They’re currently trying to wash Hemmingway…” I grumbled, both boys smiled and laughed at me. Forcing a smile I nodded at them.

How’s that going for them?” Pete snorted. Normally giving Hemmingway a bath involved running up and down the street and finally tying him to the light pole out front; sometimes even a hospital visit. It was hell.

“No comment.” I groaned not wanting to jinx him staying in the bathtub.

That bad?” He laughed.

“No comment.” I sighed again.

Holy shit, he’s actually holding still?... Hi.” Laughing I shook my head at his out burst and soft hello.

“No comment.” I stated again.

I applaud them. They’re doing the impossible.” Pete laughed before talking to the person before him in person. “So… how’s it going?” He asked softly. Nodding I sighed into the phone. “That bad, huh?” I hummed at a response, debating how I was going to get them to finish bathing Hemmingway and to bed. “I’m sorry, is there anything I can do?” Groaning as I response I clicked my tongue annoyed. “I don’t think I can help with that…” He sighed, laughing softly.

“Is it sad that I didn’t say a word and you still understood what I was thinking or could have said?” I asked softly.

Um… I’m not sure how to respond to that. Because yeah, it’s kinda sad, but at the same time I’m proud of myself for it.” He laughed lightly. “I gotta go make some lame as speech now, I’ll be back afterwards. So, peace and love…good luck with the dog by the way.” He added.

“Thanks.” I grumbled at him and hung up.