‹ Prequel: Cigarette Daydreams

These Four Words

Alternate Ending

November 19th 2020
Baltimore, Maryland
3:33 pm


“Babe!” I groaned rolling over putting a pillow over my head. I heard his distinct chuckle down the hall. “Babe,” He laughed opening the door to our room. “Come on the whole gang is here.”

I rolled over to face him. “How is it already three?” I asked sleep still very distinct in my voice. It seems like that is all I have been good at lately, being pregnant is hard.

“I don’t know how you can just nap anywhere at anytime.”

“We have two kids, Alexander. I’m always exhausted.” I mused. He grinned as the rug-rats came exploding in behind him.

“Mommy! Mommy!” They yelled trying to gain my attention.

“Yes?” I asked leaned down so we were face to face.

“Uncle Jack said if you don’t hurry up that he will give us candy.” My oldest, Wynter smiled. She was four and way to mature for her age.

“Yeah, and a puppy!” My youngest, Ian, added. He was two and could barely keep up with his older sister, though he always tried.

“Oh my goodness, not a puppy.” I groaned. “Tell him I am coming.” I told them before they went running out of the room. “And you.” I pointed towards Alex. “If Jack gives them any sugar or a living animal, you can guarantee no sex for months.” Alex visibly paled.

“Got it. No puppy. No candy.” He turned around quickly and ran out of the room. “JACK!” I giggled and climbed out of bed. I changed out of my maternity sweatpants and into jeans with an elastic waistband. Even though I was only three months along, I was growing larger by the day. I quickly changed into a plane white-tee shirt and tried to fix my hair. The band was having a welcome home party, at our house. I don’t think I will ever get use to Alex being gone months at a time, but his parents are a big help with the kids. Which is partially the reason why we decided to move to Baltimore verses California where the studio was. Alex had thought about leaving the band when we first became a family, but I couldn't let him give up his biggest dream.

We had a very nice house on the outskirts of the city. Alex pitched the biggest fit when we had to sell his bachelor pad downtown but as soon as I got pregnant with Ian he made the sacrifice. I rubbed my growing belly. Another boy.

When Steven had asked me who it was, I knew it was still Alex. I still loved him and I knew he still loved me. Hearing that the woman you love had to abort something you both created, couldn’t have been easy. Although I didn’t go running to him, Alex showed up on my doorsteps the week I returned from Asia. He said he had a lot of time to think about it and he was ready. We spent the rest of that week having sex and that led us to Lillian. My mother was a tad disappointed that I wasn’t married before I had my first born, but we paid no attention to her protest for us to marry. It wasn’t until Lillian was a year old before Alex popped the question, which had led us to spend the next week in the bedroom; I guess you can guess which child came from that. We waited until a few months after Ian was born to get married. I got pregnant with our third, and final child during our honeymoon.

Alex still tours with his band, any and every chance. The kids and I make all the shows in this area, but traveling with them cross-country isn't an option. I support Alex in all of his adventures. It took a while before his fans began to accept me again, but their outpouring hate never changed my opinion of Alex. If anything, it brought us closer. Anna had offered my job back to me when I returned home from Asia and I didn’t take it. I had told her where to shove her job offer. I went back to AP magazine and have had a happy life writing for them. Alex has been encouraging me to quit, stating that three kids is a full time job. I write less and less, but I don’t think I could ever stop writing completely.

John showed up to our wedding with a beautiful girl in tow. I was so happy for him. He deserved to be surrounded by love and affection. The last I talked to him, they were expecting their first child. He promised to visit soon. I loved the fact that I could still talk to him. Even though we had history, it didn't effect our friendship.

Alex gave me my second chance at life. We had our highs and lows, as every couple did, but it was always supposed to be him. Call it fate or whatever, but Alex was the one.

“Erin, I’m seriously going to give your children candy if you don’t come join the party.” I heard Jack yell and that snapped me out of my thoughts. I smirked to myself hearing Alex punch Jack and warn him what would happen if he carried on with his threat. I made my way downstairs and was surprised to see baby blue balloons everywhere.

“What is this?” I asked chuckling.

“Your surprise baby shower!” Rian cheered from the snack table as he shoved a blue cupcake into his mouth.

“Do you like it?” Alex asked me when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

I felt tears gather at the sides of my eyes. “Oh baby I love it.” I hugged him and he kissed the top of my head.

“Only the best for you.”

I looked up to him. “I love you.”

He looked down at me with a lot of love and affection. “I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the end. I am kind of sad that this is it. I might do POV chapters for Alex and John.

Anyways this is how I pictured Alex and Erin's ending. They weren't the typically couple, if they got together it was all or nothing, which is exactly why they had their two kids before getting married. It's not because I "like" John better. haha. It's honestly how I see both of the relationships panning out.

Thank you for all that have stuck with me for the past two years. I cannot believe its over! Thank you for reading!