Status: New Co-Write!

Dangerous Fascination

002

"Oh god, I'm going to be late." I mumbled as I grabbed my books from the passenger seat of my car. I had gotten up late this morning and my class began in ten minutes. Unfortunately for me, the lecture hall was all the way across campus, and if I didn't hurry, I was going to be late. I got out of my car and slammed the door behind me, locking the car door as I fumbled with my books, nearly dropping them in to a puddle. Today was not my day.

"Zara!" I heard a voice call from behind me, a voice I would recognise anywhere. Liam. I groaned to myself, inhaling and exhaling deeply. Liam was a classmate of mine, we met while working on a project together. I turned around and forced a smile. Liam separated from his group and walked over to me, shooting me that gorgeous smile of his.

"Hi Li, how're you?" I asked, fidgeting on my feet. I really didn't want to be late. "Aren't you worried about being late?" I laughed slightly, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear. Liam laughed and shook his head, indicating to me he had no care in the world about being late, smiling down at me.

"I'm great, how are you, Zar? You seem stressed." Liam chuckled. I felt my cheeks heat up in to a blush and I laughed sheepishly. He waved bye to his friends and pulled me with him gently. I obliged and followed him, keeping a distance between us.

"I guess you could say I am." I mumbled, "I mean, we have exams soon that I'm just not prepared for and -" Liam cut me off with a laugh, walking with me across campus. I looked up at him, wondering why he was laughing. But the answer soon hit me when he spoke again.

"You're such a stress-head, Zara." He laughed, winking down at me, making my cheeks heat up and my heart pound in my chest. I didn't have feelings for Liam, but the boy was a charmer. He could have any girl he wanted, he was just that good. He made my heart race and jump excitedly.

"I know." I reassured him, laughing as we reached our class. I walked in and blushed as everyone's eyes turned to us. I walked up to my seat at the back of the hall, Liam following close behind me. I took my seat and smiled apologetically at the professor, who continued with the lecture once Liam was sat. Today definitely was not my day.

I began taking notes frantically as the professor spoke, feeling a pair of eyes on me. I would bet my life that it was Liam. I glanced over at him, seeing him watching me with his big, brown eyes. I shot him a smile and got back to my classwork, unable to shake off the feeling that I was being watched. Liam didn't make me uncomfortable at all, he just made me slightly nervous.

"Liam, eyes front." Our professor instructed, Liam turning red in his seat.

"Yes sir." He grinned, going back to the work on the desk in front of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hellooo there! This is my brand new co-write with the lovely Esther, and we're both so excited to be kicking this off. This chapter is short but future chapters will get longer as the drama picks up.

Thank you to everyone who's commented, recommended and subscribed and we hope you enjoyed the first two chapters.

All the love as always,
Effy