Sequel: Deeply Bound

Simple Affair

A Devon and Jordan First

Saturday morning couldn't come sooner and I hate to say it but I was happy to see Josh leave for the day. There were no arguments or anything like that. I was just anxious to get to see and talk to my southerner.

I have about thirty minutes from the agreed to time to go online and talk to Devon and this strangely feels like a first date even though I'm not leaving the house.

I shower and am careful to pick my clothes. I don't want to be too done up, that it looks like I am over doing it for someone who is staying at home for the day, but I also don't want to come off as looking homely. I pick out a nice slim fitting short and a lace tank top, one that he complemented me on from a picture and I believe he copied it over to his computer. It's a silver laced grey tank top and a perfect balance for a day spent at home and nice enough to be able to look good. I take time to blow out my hair and I put just a touch of makeup on, some brown eyeliner, natural shadow and a bit of mascara. I give myself on final glance in the mirror before going downstairs, satisfied that I look good.

I can't get my computer started any faster and as soon as I have Facebook up the messages start to flow.

Devon sends me a simple, "Good morning"

I am excited to see him and not have to wait, I answer back, "Why hello there!"

Devon asks, "How's your day going so far? It is sunny and bright here."

"That is awesome, beats the rain I have here and it's a little on the cool side, so I may do a jog later this evening." I wish I lived in the warmer climate. Oh, I am so envious, well a girl can dream, one day when my novels sell, I will buy that tropical island that I always dreamed of.

"The nice, cooler weather is good for that." Devon answers, no matter what, he always puts a positive spin on things and I find myself coming to love that aspect of him.

I cut to the chase, "So are you at home now?"

"I am sitting in my office and I am just going through some junk mail deletions and such."

I respond, trying to play it cool, "Same thing for me over here. Oh and may I add, he is gone to town for the day. He actually just called me a couple of minutes ago to say that he made it."

"That is very nice of him to let you know. Mine is in the air somewhere over Tennessee right now."

"What a trooper! So did the swelling go down, is she like at 80% or 90% in terms of feeling good?" Sara had her trip planned for a while, to visit family, and even with the severity of her injury she still went.

Devon answers, "Yes, she is still sore but she wanted to go."

"She had to get away from you!" I send a face with a tongue sticking out.

"Ha!"

I like teasing my cowboy, I continue on the thought, "Maybe it is the deer that are freaking her out and she needed to go?" Devon's property overlooks rolling hills and there is a lot of wildlife near his home.

He plays back, but our messages are delayed and he answers my earlier comment, "I'm such a bad person everyone runs away, laughing over here. She wanted to go see her daughter and family."

I ask, "Where does her daughter live?"

"South Plainfield, New Jersey, but her daughter drove to Rochester last night."

"That's cool. I would love to see Jersey Shore one day."

"It is nice there."

Enough with the small talk I want this to happen soon so I am upfront and ask him, "So what is the game plan. How do I see you?"

I guess that he was looking while we were chatting because his answer shows that it was on his mind. He explains, "Well, I looked around all I am finding are video chat applications that call numbers. Facebook has a video button but not sure what it does? It would have been nice to see you, but I can't find one that protects you."

I type my random thought to Devon, "Don't we need to download another application for that?"

He responds, "I'm not sure, but there is CUNow for pc or mac."

I am a little confused, so I gather that he wants me to look at CUNow? I respond, "Okay, let me switch my phone to airplane mode, that way it will for sure be data only, I think."

Devon has to add a silly comment to me while all this effort is going on in the background. He says, "Dying to see me are we, same here." He sends me a happy face.

I respond to him, its torture that we can't get this to work. I answer back. "Yes, I can't wait to see you. I'm looking at Facebook through my pc right now, but changed my settings on my phone." The thing is that my computer doesn't have a camera so in order to be able to see Devon and allow him to be able to see me is that I have to use my phone because it has a camera. I am using my phone for the video chat and I have the social media up on my computer to be able to also talk to Devon through text.

Devon is ahead of me in playing with the CUNow application. He explains, "I see a group icon, camera, gear and an 'x' next to your name, it's a video call so not sure if it uses a phone number."

"Okay well try it. I know that I didn't put my telephone number in."

He answers, "Let me make sure that I didn't either. There is nothing under settings that I see. There is a missing file, its installing, and no go, unsupported browser."

I am starting to think that this video date will be a bust; things look like they are trying to work. We are still not off the ground yet. I notice a message and tell him, "Ah man, okay it says that I just missed a call from you."

He answers, "I am switching to chrome. You didn't think this would be easy did you, chuckling over here." What a guy, he knows that I am itching to see him, he has to joke. Ah well, he makes me smile even during this frustrating process. I hate technology when it doesn't work right away.

I explain to him, "I can't talk to you through my pc. I'm going to do this through my phone. Do I need to do anything?" I wait for him to respond and while I wait a message comes up again on my phone this time that reads, 10:08 AM you missed a call from Devon.

Devon replies within seconds following the message, "I am not sure, it just states that you are using an unsupported browser. You may have to install the chat application for your phone?"

"I did that, but I couldn't get it to work."

Devon replies, "Boohoo" I smile, and he is sulking now. I am not giving up on this.

I tell him, "I'm installing a video application."

"Are you putting it on your computer?" He asks.

"No, it has to be put on the phone. I don't have a camera on my personal computer."

Devon comments, "That would explain it. Which video chat are you installing?"

I reply, "CUNow"

"Gotcha I'm trying it now. I can try calling you and if he does find out, just say it was an author, I don't know?"

We are both on CUNow, no telephone numbers are required and all we need to do is connect through Wi-Fi to avoid charges. As usual trying something new for the first time doesn't work immediately. It's rather funny all the failed attempts and text messages saying "It's ringing" or "I'm calling you." and oh, "Yes I see that you are calling me, I don't know how to answer the phone." Finally after an hour of failed attempts the call comes through, I hear the ringing and my heart skips a beat because I somehow know that this attempt will work. I answer it knowing that this is a new beginning, a long awaited one.

-------------------------------------------

Follow me on:

Twitter @AuthorCRMisty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCRMisty/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Google+ https://plus.google.com/105706338719722174802
♠ ♠ ♠
Follow me on:

Twitter @AuthorCRMisty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCRMisty/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Google+ https://plus.google.com/105706338719722174802