Sequel: Deeply Bound

Simple Affair

After Intermission

It’s now early in the afternoon and I have finished an awesome vegetarian sandwich. I am not a vegetarian; I just enjoy the taste of some of the food. I had put together avocado, cheese, lettuce, and tomato and for a sauce I mixed, garlic hummus and mayo with a sprinkle of cilantro seasoning.

I will be alone for the entire afternoon because Josh is working a full day at his second job. He hasn't called, not that I expect him to. Working in a hardware store means that he is going to be with customers for the bulk of his day and likely won't have a moment to call. In the back of my mind I think about him and wonder if he will interrupt my afternoon with Devon.

Speaking of Devon, I skip down stairs to my office and work on more writing. It isn’t long when I see that Devon is back online. Guessing that his call is ended I say, “Hey, so happy that I got to see you. Can I see you again? Hint hint!”

He sends a smiley face to me and then my phone alerts of an incoming video call. Just like before I click accept. The screen is dark for a moment and then he appears.

He explains, “Sara has landed safe and sound, so all is good and I have the afternoon to spend with you.”

He is walking around his house for the moment and video chatting on his phone. I see him going through some of the different rooms and wonder if he is trying to get a better reception because that weird bird noise is back.

I comment, “Do you have tin foil in the walls or something?”

“I was walking around to see if it got better and no I’m not a weirdo, no tin foil.” I giggle and he sees me laughing and smiles into the camera.

He explains with a text, “I live in an older community with homes that are two hundred thousand to a million for price.”

“No way”

He explains, “It’s just Texas. Are you sure that you are not just whistling at me?” He chuckles on screen as I receive his latest text. I smile and shake my head no.

I know that every city is different and reply, “Yes, it is hard to put price tags on things and get an idea because each city has a different economy.”

“I agree, the price doesn’t matter it is the value of the area.”

He gives me the tour of his home, like I did for him earlier and like me and Josh, Devon and Sara have done a bit of updating to their home. I am so jealous of his beautiful kitchen with the dark wood cabinets and stainless steel appliances and his back yard is to die for. He opens the door and it comes out onto this huge covered porch that extends the full length of his house and his property backs onto a field. He explains that just down the hill is a river, but we can’t see it because of the hill; it is all grass and sky. He returns inside and I see his living area, it has a brick fire place. He takes me down a different hallway to where the bedrooms are. His master has this comfy looking four poster bed and for a second I imagine myself there in it with him on top of me. He walks back down the hall and settles down on a couch in his living room. He is all smiles.
I type, “Where you live is just gorgeous. I would love to get up and leave.”

He asks “And go where?”

“Visit you.” I smile.

He grins at my comment and types, “That would be awesome.”

I chuckle at his enthusiasm, “It is funny with the delay. It isn't too bad between the typing and the video.”

“My heart is beating fast. You are so mesmerizing to me.” Our messages are delayed and I think that he just noticed my last comment, “It works, and I don’t want to get you in trouble.”

I comment to his heart beating fast, “Yes, I am being a big goof right now. I’m nervous too but happy, it is like it is Christmas here.” I send and smile back to my beautiful southern gentleman.

He nods and answers, “It’s like a gift. This is awesome and you do that for me with just seeing you.”

He comments again, “Just a second my cats are meowing over noise.”

He puts his phone down momentarily to quiet them. It looks like he is walking to another room because I catch a glimpse of the floor then a wall. I message him, “So how much data do you think that we are racking up? I guess that in airplane mode it would be nothing right?"

“Yes, airplane should be nothing and if you are using Wi-Fi it should be nothing also at least that is how it works here.”

“Okay cool”

“Please don’t get in trouble, I love this.” Devon replies and then quickly changes topic, “So how is the book coming along?” He seems to have settled down in his home office.

I respond to his first comment, “I shouldn’t get in trouble. I think we have hid this pretty well with using email instead of phone numbers. I have to admit that this is fun and it’s nice knowing that I have a friend for the day.”

“You have me every day, just not in person.”

I answer the second part to his question on the book. I had been working on book two and three to my first published sci-fi novel but to be honest since Devon came into the picture I have been eager to write about this friendship with him that blossomed. I had mentioned it to him before starting the story and he was completely okay with it, provided that our identities were kept concealed. I know that when he asks the question he is asking about our story that I am writing about all of this. I reply “It is coming along; my word count is growing daily. The thing with beginning to write about this after this has been going on now for a couple of months, is with our first conversations, I’m going off of memory.”

I catch him gazing at me as I send my thoughts over, I had been paying attention to what I was typing, he comments as he grins at me, “Okay, don’t mind me. I’m just looking at you.”

I smile and type, “No, I don’t mind, that’s why we have video.”

“I like your hair at that length.”

I comment back to him, “I like that you have hair!” I giggle.

He speaks but it’s impossible to hear him with the feedback. I think he can hear me okay so I say to him to “Type what you were saying.”

“I said that you have a northern accent.”

The only time that I have heard a comment like that was previously from him. I get that I have a Canadian accent. I have heard that but I guess with him being from the south anyone north of him is northern. I reply, “No I don't! You are the one who talks funny.”

“I can’t believe with all the technical stuff available there is still interference.” He sighs.

“Yes, it sucks big time.”

He complains, “There has got to be a better way. Sorry just a second, be right back.” He leaves his chair for the moment and I am left looking at a wall and a book shelf in the background.

While he is away for the moment I type, “It’s okay, I see who you are here with the video and its better than just looking at pictures.”

He takes a seat again at his desk and explains, “The cats were fighting.”

“Oh that’s no good.”

He answers, “Meh. So do you get a lot of your character development from your area?”

“What do you mean? Like, from work?”

Devon explains, “Work or around where you live?”

“Yes, well it’s all taken from what I have come to experience and see in my life. I sort of write about things that really impact me and the characters are representations of people in my real life.”

“Gotcha” He nods, “So tell me more about yourself, you said that you have blue eyes right?”

I give him a sideways glance. I know that he is making the effort to get a conversation going and there is so much going on with the both of us in this moment. We are both over the top excited and taken aback by each other. For me it’s like I have been struck stupid and now have absolutely nothing to say to him other than drool at the video of him. To top it off when we do get a conversation going the feedback is distracting and the fact that there is a delay, so when you talk, as you talk your previous words seem to be repeated back to you through the microphone, so I find myself pausing mid-sentence because I hear my own voice repeating what I just said.

Anyway in this moment as I am giving him the look I bring myself close to the camera so that it’s just my eyeball in view and I say, “Yes, they are blue, do they look blue?”

He chuckles, “Jordan you are silly. Well I am so happy that you agreed to a video chat today. I hope that I am not keeping you from anything.”

“Other than talking to you I would be doing house work right now so that doesn't matter. I prefer having you for company and I allow you to take up my time, it is my choice.” I smile, I am happy to have him in this way.

He smiles, “I am honored” he seems to be working on something on his computer.

I give him a moment to type but then my silly side decides to make its appearance, “So?” I include a face with a tongue sticking out along with the message.

He shrugs and smiles and types, “I am thinking of what to say.” He chuckles.

I start laughing, I can’t help my poor southern man is trying so hard to be a gentleman. I just have this picture in my head of us on a real first date in person. Wow this date wouldn’t be going so good with both of our shyness but then again I think we would be doing way more interesting stuff than just talking. I say to him “I heard it on my phone your message pop up.”

“Oh, it was junk email and you’re typing. So what more would you like to know about me, like where I was born and such, stuff like that?” He laughs again.

In the little time that we have gotten to know one another, I have searched him out on the internet just to make sure that he was who he said he was and not just someone feeding me lies to get close. I know those things about him and I am not sure that he knows that I know. I feel sort of guilty for investigating but in my defense all that information was out there for me to find and after I did all that searching on him I know that he is the real deal and a straight forward honest man. Well almost honest, he is honest to me but as for his partner I guess that I can say I am his best kept secret.
I feel guilty with admitting this but decide that it’s best just to come clean. The worst that could happen would be that I scare him off but deep down I think he will understand the reasoning for my actions. I type, “I was creepy and searched out your biography and other online sources and stuff, so I know all of that.” I watch his facial expression and try not to look at my image in the bottom corner of the screen but imagine that the look I have is somewhat, shy, worried and embarrassed with having just admitted to doing all of that.

I continue, “Creepy, right?”

He replies, “It just means that you are interested, right?” His expression reveals that he is definitely surprised by it, but I don’t gather that he is too bothered.

I type, “I would be wasting my time if I wasn't interested, right?”

Devon asks, “Please talk, I love hearing your voice.”

“Okay, but the thing is that I can't hear you.”

“That sucks.”

It’s frustrating and there is no point on going around and around so I just change topic back to writing. I ask Devon, “Did you finish that final chapter yet?”

“No, but I am at the moment working on a sex scene between Alexis and Brad. She doesn’t want to give in and he is scared as hell.”

Devon is a thriller and suspense writer and is just finishing writing his final scenes to his new series. Since I have started talking to him he has been tackling the final scene for some time which tells me that he is a precise writer. I can appreciate that he takes his time with doing the research behind places of his scenes and I know that he has even taken trips just to scout out the lay of the land so that he is able to achieve a more realistic story. He is a disciplined writer because for one thing, he wakes early to get a couple of hours of writing done before work each morning. He dedicates time every day to work on writing. I’m not like that. I write the moment an idea comes into my head and then go from there.

We are the opposites of one another when it comes to writing. I write sci-fi fantasy novels and am able to write out a story much more quickly because I don’t need to do all of the fact checking that he does. I enjoy the benefits of being able to make stuff up, worlds, animals, people, it is fun and when I write, it somehow brings me back to that feeling of being a child. I can remember playing with friends at a very young age and being able to imagine stuff as we played together in the backyard. We would imagine a scene and reenact them in our play time. That’s what writing does for me; it is sort of a window into being a child all over again and allowing yourself to get lost in your imagination.
Going back to Devon’s comment on where he was at with his progress. I give him a silly answer while speaking into the camera, “Okay, well does it really take that long?” he catches my comment which is me just making a jab at the speed of sex and sees me giggle.

He explains, “Jordan you are silly. When talking, your lips move then voice comes in but I’m not complaining.”

“Yes it’s the same here for me.”

“Sorry for being so goofy over you. You just have that effect on me. I want to reach through the phone and bite you!” He types in the chat window and laughs.

I answer back, “That’s okay I’m feeling the same way.”

He smiles and replies, “Lucky me.”

In an earlier conversation he had mentioned his timeline to me on when he thought he would have this project complete and I ask, “Why do you think it will take that long to edit?”

I think that I caught him off guard and watch him take a big inhale and exhale. I hear the breath leave his mouth and watch his shoulders rise and fall to the motion as he looks up to the ceiling and then back into the camera, “I’m not sure but you have to have a few rewrites.”

“Let me explain my question a little bit. The sample that you gave, I only caught a couple of errors that’s why I was wondering.”

He says, “thank you” on video, then writes, “I wrote 95% of it in two months.”

“That’s good, what is your word count?”

Devon smiles and says, “I am at about one hundred and nine thousand words but it will probably get cut down to around the one hundred thousand word mark after the edits. Thank you for the compliments, but I am no English major.”

I smile and say, “Devon you are better than me, hands down.”

“Your story rocks if I can say. You tell a great story just needs more showing but grabs my attention big time and that would be even if I didn’t know you. You have a gift of writing. Plus you are Canadian, so that is number one in my book.”

My cheeks must have turned red, I feel warm and say “Thank you” and ask, “Your comment, ‘the needs more showing’ what do you mean by that?”

“I better type it” He explains. As he types one of his cats jumps up onto his desk and walks across in front of him.

I smile and ask, “What’s his name?”

Devon answers but I can’t make out what he is saying and ask him to type it but the thing is I don’t think he can hear me either. So I type, “Did you say that his name was Tiny?”

“It’s Rocky. He is a polydactyl, he has hands.”

“Oh like an extra toe?”

“Yes”

I laugh; his affectionate orange tabby demands his attention by snuggling up to him on the desk. He has to pick his cat up to remove him.

Devon explains, “He talks a lot.”

The "needs more showing" comment that he mentioned meant that he was looking for me to provide more description of the surroundings and things in my story.

He returns to talking into the camera, chatting about us, the situation that we have found ourselves in and the new affections that we have for one another. As he lays it all out for me to take in, I sort of go quiet with his honesty.

Devon types, “I think I am making you shy huh?”

No, it is more like speechless but in a good way because I feel the same. It’s just an entire different feeling when the person you care so deeply for tells you how they feel and you know that you feel equally the same. I should feel like this for my husband. Instead, I type something stupid back to him, “I don’t know, I am just reading my screen and trying to look at my phone at the same time.”

He says, “Ok, I hope I was everything you imagined but that’s hard to say without seeing me in person, but for me I am in heaven. Nobody’s perfect but you are darn close to it!”

My cowboy is always full of compliments, I type, “Yes, I have gotten to know you over the course of a couple of months. I feel like I really have known you from somewhere else.”

“Weird huh, I wish I was living up north or at least near the border.” While reading he chuckles and I start laughing too.

It’s distracting but in a good way, “I was going to type something else but I forgot.”

This time he says in an exaggerated tone, “Sure” and then types, “Okay, but I want to know what you were going to say, are you being bad?”

I smile and shake my head and type, “No, just wish I was there. I wish that I could get through the screen and see you, like for real, that’s all.”

Devon says, “You and I both, well Jordan I am going to have to let you go for now.”

Devon ends the video chat session and my screen goes black, but we still have the chat window open and keep the conversation going.

I say, “Okay, so did you want to talk again tomorrow around 2:00 PM? Are we doing 2:00 PM my time or yours?”

“Yours; okay don’t get mad for me saying this but I am so fucking horny. I do think normal thoughts too. Wow I am in la la land.”

I giggle and type, “Okay poor guy.”

“No it is cool.”

“Wish I was there to help you out. I got denied by Josh again this morning.”

Devon types, “I will refrain, just love hearing your voice and loved seeing you. Darn, yeah you would get it from me, no denying. Sorry if I was shy and all googly eyed on the video.”

“No that's okay, I was the same way. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Wow, I wish you were mine.”

Devon admits, “Me too, but we have separate lives but wow oh wow Jordan you do it for me, you really have no idea, but glad you are my friend and we can build on that. That’s why there is an international line.” He adds a smiley face after his comment.

I hold myself for a moment at the desk while reading the screen; this is so hard to want someone that you can’t have. I simply type, “Yes, not fair!”

He continues, “A line I'd like to kick down and take you in my arms and caress you and kiss you and bring you down to the ground and take your breath away and watch you, but that’s just dreaming, so I'll take what I can get.”

“We can take this one day at a time and see what this becomes. I really like you a lot.”
“Exactly, but for now I am glad you are my friend, it may have to be only friends, no one knows.”
“I connect with you on an entirely different level than anyone I ever met; we should have been an item.”
He answers back, “Yes, I would fight for you like a guy should do, but hey at least we have this.”
“We will see what this turns into. I’m going to roll with it. I think things happen for a reason, sounds strange but I truly believe that there is a reason for all of this.”

“Yes indeed. I’m just waiting for a call, but I’m here on Facebook too if you want to continue chatting, but know that you have things to do too.”

Our messages are a little delayed and I continue on my previous thought, “I wasn't looking to find a relationship like this I’m married but here we are. I still don't get it but I think about you all the time. Wonder and imagine.”

Devon says, “I feel the same, never was looking and you came along and my heart flips like crazy. If it is a secret love affair that turns into more, I am for it, hoping to get the secret meetings and enjoy your company and time trust me I can’t stop thinking about you. It’s driving me nuts and I can’t do anything about it. I think you understand, god I’m dying to see you again but will soon.”
“Ha ha okay you know how I told you earlier that I was denied again, well girls need to do the same. I had to this morning, thought about it being you.”

Devon says, “I like that. It will happen trust me it will. It has too, its part of the story and my life now.”
Should I have admitted that to him? I type, “Sorry”

“No don’t be.”

“You are a part of my life too. I can't get you out of my head.”

“Then that’s awesome. I never had a girl go nuts over me and I am a good looking guy, not a fatso, just a few extra pounds that I am trying to get rid of that too. It is being used against me for denial of sex from Sara.”

I respond, “It’s hard to believe that there are no crazy girls after you. Wow, I like everything that I see.”

“That makes me smile big. Sara cares and loves me, but she is fifteen years older and doesn’t care for sex; the drive is gone. Not mine, it is alive and kicking and desiring that passion and I want it to be with you.”

I still can’t see a single thing wrong with Devon, and just flat out say, “So really, there is nothing wrong with you? You have all your limbs. You’re smart, attractive and you seem to have no problems with erectile dysfunction.” I accompany the statement with a face with its tongue sticking out to show that I am just making light with the statement.

“Nope, just a normal guy and from what I can see you are normal too and you are full of life and energy.”

I continue with my thought, “No trouble with the law? I imagine that your work does back ground checks.”

He responds, “No just a straight ‘A’ citizen and a forty two year old male that writes and dreams about you. Well I haven’t written about you. I mean, I am an author.”

Oh boy, I laugh to myself, a comma would have fixed what he had meant to say, but I knew that already even with the omission of the comma, I answer. “I got it.”

Devon explains, “I will write about you, but will do that in our book. Imagine if we were together, this book would be real time and full of erotic stuff and not to mention an adventure leading up to it.”

I say, “It will be and I’m not holding back. I sort of did with my first book because I had been gearing it for a Young Adult crowd, but for this one I am telling it the way that I want.”

“Good! I am not joking when I say that I like you a lot and fallen for you hard, just know I have to keep the boundaries but when we talk there doesn’t have to be. Be yourself; tell me whatever you need to and likewise from me.”

“Yes, it’s just the feedback is a distraction and then I catch myself staring at you when I look at the screen and shy myself out.”
Devon admits, “Me too, my eyes lit up many times when you stood up, sorry but they did, I was like, wow.”

“It’s a new bra that's all; holds me up!”

“There is more than just outside appearance, and I am being honored to see you and your inner side, loving every second, yeah it was a nice bra.”

I laugh.

Devon admits, “I am just day dreaming.” He pauses for a moment as I wait at the keyboard then says, “You don’t mind if I wanted to kiss your whole body when we meet, do you? You have a nice upper half too that is awesome. Let’s face it, you are a gorgeous girl and men should triple take when you walk by. So I can imagine that your hubby knows that, if not, shame on him. I treat my partner to the best of my ability despite the no sex. Imagine having both from me.”

I feel a twinge of pain at the reminder of Josh, but tell Devon my thoughts; Devon is my friend and an outlet. “I think he does but remember he is a pretty arrogant guy. He used to be so nice to me and now it’s like, I look forward to not being with him. I enjoy going to camp without him to be with my family.”

“That is wrong. I am so sorry, you have me in chats and video when we can and hopefully one day we can meet too, even if it was only a few hours, it would be like a lifetime for me.”

“Just glad you are embracing this and no it is well deserved for you. I know I am saying things that may have an effect, not trying to, and just speaking the truth. I'll take you in secret and hope one day to have you normally that’s all and if it takes a while then so be it, just hope that you want me if we both ever get in that spot of being single. I’m rambling now huh. I honestly have never been attracted to a woman like you before and it is like wow. I’m not a jerk, not an angry man. I have my quirks but know that I am a loving man. So for now, like you said let’s see where it goes, the first part is awesome as a friend my question, is what if it is a secret for a long time, will that make you fade away? I hope not but I would understand to. It’s like I can’t stop talking to you.” He adds a smiley face.

I say, “I can’t see myself going away, like I am borderline obsessive over you.”

Devon says, “Just don’t get in trouble and that goes for me too, as I am obsessed. I want you, desire you, wishing it was me when he does give in, you name it, and I’d try like every day if I could and let you know I was head over heels for you.”

I sit here at my desk reading his words and catch myself glance up at a wedding photo hung over my desk and am reminded of reality. I type, “Well we wait and let this ride out and see where it goes. Before we started talking I was already spending time away from him, you wouldn’t be the cause if it were to happen.”

Devon answers, “It’s his loss; sorry that was wrong of me.”

“It’s okay; I just know that he is not it anymore. In the summer, I thought that he was just being an ass, but he always was.”

Devon says, “I so want to meet you, too bad you couldn’t come for a week, I would definitely get you pregnant for sure.”

“We will organize something and will need to keep it secret. We got to think with our heads and not with, well you know.”

“Yes, I am doing that, don’t mean to talk erotic to you, well let me let you go for a bit, call you at 2:00 PM tomorrow, sucks for the noise but I’ll take it.”

“Okay” I add a smiley face, “Talk to you later.”

--------------------------------------

Follow me on:

Twitter @AuthorCRMisty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCRMisty/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Google+ https://plus.google.com/105706338719722174802
♠ ♠ ♠
Follow me on:

Twitter @AuthorCRMisty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCRMisty/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Google+ https://plus.google.com/105706338719722174802