Sequel: Deeply Bound

Simple Affair

What it Became

I'm not sure when things took a change but over the course of the summer this person, Devon, and I, went from communicating and having chats on a weekly basis to talking pretty well every day. The things that I learn about him are that he was in the military and at one point, he was a bodyguard for a high-profile public figure. This man is captivating to me.
Devon was born and raised in the United States. He lived in Rochester until his parents divorced and then he moved around and eventually settled in Texas. He has one biological brother whom he is close to and several step siblings from his parents remarrying. His mother raised them from a young age after his parents’ divorce. His father was a cop and was hardly around. When Devon was of age, he enlisted in the army. He explained that he hadn't seen death but was sure that the munitions from the helicopter killed enemy and explained that out there you don't hesitate, it’s kill or be killed. I don't see a mean streak in him even though he has this background. Without reading his books, I would have never gotten the feeling that he had been involved in life-changing events. He is a father, a spouse, he found another love after the divorce from his son's mother, and he is a writer and works in the high-tech field, a polar opposite life to that of army and bodyguard work.
He is an accomplished writer and a modest man. I remember those early conversations about his books. Devon first made it out to sound like he was an aspiring author but after doing a little digging and him opening up with our conversations I discovered that he has been writing for years. He has received awards for his work, local newspaper articles were written about him. He has done book signings. He even has merchandise for his fan base.
He has yet to strike it huge like the success that mainstream authors reach, but I can see that he is on his way. I would have never known and that saying, "never judge a book by its cover", that is Devon. He has never boasted. To me he is a kind, supportive friend. He isn’t fake or trying to gain something from our writing connection. He is just Devon, my friend, champion, and secret.
The thing that hurts is our reality, he has a spouse and so do I...
That is the barrier, besides the distance. I used to judge others for their marriages falling apart. When you find out that someone’s partner was cheating. I would wonder how could they when they have someone who loves them. How do these married people find second lovers when others remain single their entire lives? I now see how. Devon and I were perfect strangers who stumbled upon each other based on like interests. This was completely by accident, please don’t judge me and let me explain. It started with general talking and interaction, which evolved into chemistry and attraction and then it snowballs. I know at this point that he isn't an online predator or anything weird like that. Devon has opened up more in becoming a Facebook friend. I can see into his life and view his friends and family and he can do the same with me. He is just a normal man, with a network of friends and family and I am a normal woman with her own family and friends, we weren’t seeking this.
Now we know each other's schedules, home addresses, where the other works and what we like and dislike. We are starting to know each other on a more intimate level. This is how it happens, and I have a husband but right now, my heart wants another, desires another. I can't get Devon out of my head. This is how cheaters become who they are and for me this was not intentional, it just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Follow me on:

Twitter @AuthorCRMisty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCRMisty/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel