Sequel: Secrets 2: SuperTeen
Status: All chapters have been re-edited and completed. I'm sorry for any inconveniences.

Secrets

Chapter 5: Part 2

Malia follow her down the stairs and the room turned out to be an old study with books on the shelves and strange bottles.She took one of the smaller bottles and gave it to Malia.

"What is this?".

"It will help you regain certain parts of your memory. I'll make us tea. Add two drops into yours and go to bed".

Malia looked skeptical."Are you a witch?". She had not meant to be so forward.

Rose's grandmother chuckled and said."No dear. I just happen to know about a lot of herbs and I had a friend who was a witch. She taught me a few things".

"Oh...okay". Something told her to trust this woman.

*****
Malia did as she was told and when to bed. She had vivid flashbacks; there was a little girl with red hair and strangely red glowing eyes, with a baby phoenix flying above her, she was laughing and running. She ran up to a man and he hugged her.

Then there was another: there was a ball and she was playing with two curly haired boys, one blonde and the other had brownish black hair. The one with dark hair looked older...then suddenly she was in a carriage and there was an attack. The baby phoenix flew away while the servants tried to protect the girl and then...Malia woke up.

The last thing Malia remembered was the necklace around the girl's neck and the resemblance between she and the little girl. The necklace. She had to find it. She stood up from the bed she shared with Rose, and saw that she was alone.

She walked outside and saw Rose and her grandmother tending to their little garden. Rose smiled at her.

"I was wondering when you would wake up".

Malia laughed. "Rose ...I have to go"

"But you just got here and you haven't even had breakfast yet. Where are you going?".

"I need some answers. I would have loved to stay but I can't".

"Does this have to do with your new family?".

"Yes but I'll see you soon. I promise".

Rose sighed. "Then go but come back soon okay? Or write to us, so I'll know that you're okay".

"I will. I'll send for the both of you". Malia smiled at Rose's grandmother. Rose looked confused.

"You have your father's heart. And also strength and bravery like the meaning of your family name Richard. You do not know your strength yet but in due time you will" Rose's grandmother said after she pulled Malia aside.

Creepy old woman. Malia thought

"You seem like you know a lot about my supposed family and I don't remember telling you anything".

"You didn't have to. There were signs and my late sister Grace worked for your family".

"Oh. Well i have to go. See you soon". She hugged Rose and her grandmother, then she walked away from the house.

After she had walked a good distance away, ahem turned and waved. Rose, who had come to stand nary her grandmother waved back shortly.

"Send for us? How is she goin to do that, is her new family wealthy or something?". She tilted her her head in a confused manner.

*****
Malia decided to go to the ruins of her former home to search for her necklace. Although, there was a likely chance that it had burned to the ground, she refused to believe it.

She got pulled towards a particular spot that used to be the fireplace and brought out a flower pot from underneath the ashes. Surprisingly, the plant was still alive and glowing beautifully. She studied the plant and she uprooted it. Then, she dug her hand inside the soil and brought out her necklace that had been buried in the soil.

The necklace had silver chain, with silver phoenix wings that joined together at their ends to form an oval shape, and at the middle was a ruby.

She quickly placed the plant back in the soil and carried it with her to the home of the Richards.

******
When she arrived, they were already waiting for her. It was as if they knew she was coming. The butler led her to the main room, where her 'grandfather' and a woman were waiting for her.

On seeing her, the woman got to her feet and approached her slowly and carefully, as if she could disappear at any minute.

"Matilda? Is that you?"the woman whispered.

Malia internally groaned but the woman looked so emotional that she decided to keep her words to herself. Instead, she just smiled awkwardly and placed the flower pot and the necklace on a nearby stool.

When the woman got close, she got a full view of the woman. This was her mother. She knew. Even though the only resemblance between both of them was the colour of their hair, and their less than average height.

So, she nodded and felt tears stinging the back of her eyes. The woman looked so sad and tired. Like she had not smiled in ages.

Her mother cupped her face and her tears flowed freely. Malia also felt hers rolling down her cheeks.

"Mother?". She sobbed.

The woman nodded and hugged her. Malia slowly hugged her back.

"Oh my daughter...my poor baby. We missed you so much" she sobbed.

Her grandfather stood and hugged them both while the servants watched.
♠ ♠ ♠
The picture of the necklace can be found in my profile. Didn't have the time or inspiration to draw one. Comment, subscribe, recommend.