Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...

2. Must Have Been the Wind Blowing, Not Me Crying

All day I couldn’t stop thinking about the man and the contract. It felt so real, but I woke up in my own bed. It had to be a dream, right? I tried my best to forget about it. I went through my usual morning routine, unable to think of anything else. By the evening I couldn’t hold back anymore, I needed to know if my memory was real, or just a dream. I pulled out one of my magic books and flipped to the page containing a “Storm Spell”. This should have a quick enough response if it wasn’t a dream.

I opened my window and gathered my ingredients: a sprig of the broom plant, sea salt, water, wooden spoon, and a red candle. I went to my altar, lit the red candle and poured the water into my bowl while reciting:

“Rain that brings a land's rebirth
Time to weep upon the earth”


I picked up the wooden spoon, stirred the water and then dipped the sprig of broom into the water, chanting:

“Winds shall follow, you shall see
Blowing wildly through the tree”


I closed my eyes to really concentrate and envisioned dark, heavy storm clouds rolling in. I imagined them charging with electricity and spilling rain. I focused on the strength of the storm as I reopened my eyes, picked up the candle and let a few drops of the wax hit the water.

“Lightning quick, lightning long
Make it last, make it strong”


I sprinkled the salt into the water and gave it one final stir. While the water still swirled around the bowl, I picked the bowl up and hurried to my open window. I leaned out the window with half of my body and tossed the water mixture up into the air before retreating back inside.

Normally this spell should take a few days to roll in, but the storms never actually came for me. I did this spell with the hope that there would actually be a very thunderous storm in a day or two. I blew out my candle and put the bowl back in its place, then readied myself for bed. I climbed under my covers, turned out the light and closed my eyes to drift off to sleep. Right when I was on the brink I heard a loud crackling BOOM!

I jolted straight up out of bed and looked out the window. Rain was pouring from the sky and lightning was crashing right above my neighborhood. My spell had worked! I just stood at my second floor window watching it go for a while, unable to believe my own eyes. I really have the gift of magic!

Unable to sleep now, I giddily re-opened my spell book, I was going to need to test more of these out.

By morning light I had tried over a dozen spells, each of them working only minutes after I had cast them. Even ones that were supposed to be repeated daily for weeks, worked after the first try and in less than an hour. I was stunned. I was finally a real witch! Oh, and the things I wanted to do. I had never tried to be strictly a “white witch” and so I wasn’t averse to trying to control people for my own benefit. To try and sway Wiccans to keep on the white magic path, the three-fold law exists, a kind of Wiccan karma that basically anything you do, will come back to you three times as hard. This had kept me from really experimenting with black magic but the same rules as before don’t seem to apply now. I took a dusty black magic spell book off of my bookshelf. This one I had bought years ago, just never had a use for, yet. I found the spell for control and noticed I was missing some things. I made a quick shopping list and set off.

Once back from the store for the couple of things I had needed from there, I still needed a few things I could easily find at home. I needed a belonging of the person I intended to control. I decided my brother would be a good test subject. I snuck into his room, knowing he wasn’t home anyway, and found his comb with a few hairs on it still. I gathered those hairs and hurried back to my own room.

Instead of using my altar, I set myself up on the large empty space on my bedroom floor. I placed a small piece of fabric in front of me, a small bowl of water next to it and kept all of my ingredients and tools within reach. On the fabric in permanent marker I wrote, “You do as I tell you, You think what I command, You feel what I want you to feel.”

I surrounded the cloth with thirteen small black candles and then placed a triangle from three beeswax candles around this circle, lighting each candle with a match. I held my brother’s hair in my left hand and closed my eyes. I imagined being in control of him. In my day-dream he was doing anything I asked him to, and as my test I imagined him bringing me some Chinese take-out. I opened my eyes and dipped the fingers of my right hand into the water bowl. Sprinkling the water onto the fabric I recited:

“Through my effort, I take your will.”

I placed the hair onto the center of the fabric now and sprinkled it with water continuing my incantation:

“By this act, my will is yours.”

I then picked up each black candle individually and left a single drop of black wax on the hair while saying, “Sabete Latepo.” All the while focusing intently on my brother.

After doing this thirteen times I picked up my athame and cut open the palm of my hand, squeezing three drops of blood over the candle wax. I placed a chicken heart and a rose thorn in the center of the fabric, wax and blood, and quickly rolled everything up, tying it up with a piece of twine. I placed all of this inside of a jar and sealed it tight. I picked up each of the beeswax candles and left a drip of wax on the lid of the jar before blowing them out. Next I picked up each of the black candles saying, “Sabetto Lepati” as I blew each out.

I took this jar outside and buried it under the large oak tree.

***


The next night was a full moon. To complete the spell I re-lit each of the thirteen black candles and let them burn out. I went to bed while they did so. The next late morning, I was woken up to a loud banging on my door.

“Jess? What do you want?” I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I saw it was my brother at the door.

“I thought you might be hungry.” He smiled, extending his arm toward me, containing a box of orange chicken.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly cannot find a meaning behind "Sabete Latepo" or "Sabetto Lepati" through my own online searches, but they are included in a "Control Spell" that has a lot of warning attached to it. So, again, please be careful if you plan to practice any of these things!