Sequel: BlackOut.
Status: Editing.

BlackHeart.

Jokes.

I had no idea just how long I had been stuck in the room, covered by nothing but darkness. My clothing ripped, body bruised and broken, my hair a mess of sweat, blood and what ever else was stuck in it. There was nothing to look at, nothing to hear and no one to speak to. The floors were cold and I could tell that some parts were tile whil other parts were concrete.

There was only one way in and one way out, no lights and no windows. My back was against the farthest wall, my arms wrapped around my knees as I stared into the darkness. Sometimes I felt like my eyes were playing tricks on me, a red dot on the far side of the room. A shadow creeping in the darkness, a laugh just next to my ear. A soft touch on the back of my neck or my inner thigh.

Yet there was nothing there, just darkness. An abyss of darkness that I was being sucked into.

My eyes lifted to the door, it was slowly opening allowing ligt to stream into the room, my eyes burned from the brightness causing my arm to come up and cover them. I had been in many horrible situations but this was by far the worst, Joker was trying to break my mind. Turn me crazy. A man stood at the door way with a pair of cuffs dangling in his hands, I could feel the fear creeping down my spine, I was going to be tortured physically once more.

My throat dry, I try to move farther away only to be stopped by the wall. The person walked farther I to the room, cuffs swinging in their grip. It was hard for me to move, I had been beaten so bad that I probably had a few broken ribs, fractures and sprains. Even a possible concussion. Their arm reached out and I smacked it away the best I could, the hand came back and this time gripped my wrist with such force I yelped in pain.

The cuffs were placed on and I was dragged by arms out if the room, kicking and screaming the whole way.

Image

Wade stood in the building roof top edge, his body tired from the lack of sleep. Something he should have been used to, but right now all he could think about was her, Amy. His partner that was either kidnapped or killed, having worked with her for so long he was able to pick up her habits.

He knew mostly everything about her, what made her tick, what made her happy and what made her nervous. And now she had been gone for a total of five days, these were five restless days for him. He should be use this. He shouldn't be feeling fatigued and nervous. He was the merc of the mouth, a killer and a theif. He shouldn't care about a girl, he shouldn't be worried about her.

But here he was, standing and staring down on to the city streets. Cars going and stopping, people rushing past each other to get somewhere. Music blasting from certain apartments and there was even an elder couple having a nice conversation about the kid they always wanted to push off a cliff. Wade smirked at the old woman's comment, "He always took more candy then he should have, the little bastard. Should have poisoned those pieces."

He pulled his thoughts from them and focused once more, she had to be here. She had to be where he could find her, but where? He let his knees bend to where he was now in a crouched position, his eyes narrowed and his heart hammered in his chest as he watched him. A man, in a pull up suit with a clown mask standing in front of a building with a gun.

"Well, the jokes now on you Joker."