Status: Ideas and Suggestions are very welcomed!

Angel in the Photos

Say Yes to The Dress

Its been a week since I've became engaged to Chris and by now, everyone and their grandmother knew. I don't mind people coming up to me and congratulating me, but when it affects my daily schedule, then we'll have problems. I got things to do. I got places to go. Appointments to go to! I don't mind the attention but it can be a little over whelming sometimes.

"Hey Chris can I ask you something?" I said, walking into the kitchen.

"You just did" Chris chuckled.

"Alright smart-ass" I said, smacking his arm. "Did you get my parents permission?"

"Yes I did. Your dad was a little harder to crack but I got his blessing"

"My dad was and is a tough son-of-bitch" I said.

If anyone was wondering, my parents, Debra and Rick, have been divorced for five years now. They just fell out of love and thought it was best to separate. I'd rather have them happy and separated than together and miserable. Both my mom and dad are in a relationship and doing very well. My mom got remarried last year to my now step-dad Donald. My dad and his wife of two years, Diana are expecting their first child together in the spring. So that's always great to hear.

Anyway, like I was saying before, my dad was a tough son-of-bitch. At the young age of 18, he was brave enough to sign up for the army. He then retired from that and then went on to become a police officer and has been doing it ever since.

"So what are you and the girls doing today?" Chris asked.

"Well we're going wedding dress shopping"

"That sounds fun!"

"Its going to be very hard and stressful. So many opinions!"

"Hey, its your day. You can wear whatever dress you want. If you are covered head to toe you'll still be beautiful" Chris said, kissing me.

"Babe as much as my dad may like that idea, I don't exactly see myself as a nun on my wedding day"

"I'm serious though" Chris said "But I do want you to be happy with what you pick regardless of what everyone says"

"One of the reasons why I love you" I smiled.

---

The girls and I, including my dad, are here at Sally's Bridal. Just being here in a sea of white, makes me nervous. It makes it that much more real that I'm getting married.

"Hello there! I'm Sarah. Where's the bride?" Sarah asked, I raised my hand. "Alright! What are you looking for?"

"I'm pretty open. I do know that I want strapless" I said.

"What do you see her in or want to see her in?" Sarah asked.

"Well she was and still is my princess, so I want to see her in a big, princess ball gown" My mom said. Leave to my mom to want me in a huge dress.

"I know she'll be beautiful in whatever she picks. As long as her uh "assets" don't hang out on the big day, we'll be good" My dad said.

"DAD!"

"Anyway, Is there a budget I should be respectful of?" Sarah asked.

"No one gave me a number so I don't know"

"Her Mother and I have talked about it and we're willing to split the cost in half" My dad said.

---

We was third dress in and I was getting really frustrated. I didn't like the first dress because it was satin. I absolutely hated satin. I'm sure satin looks good on some brides but I wasn't one of those brides. The second dress wasn't bad but the skirt was huge and the bodice was covered in bling. Oh and there was bling on that huge skirt. I knew the minute I put it on, I knew it was my mom's pick.

The third dress was my favorite. It was gorgeous! It was strapless like I wanted. It had a sweetheart neckline. It also had a blingy belt in the middle of the bodice. The best part it, it was blush. Everyone liked it, even my dad! The only person not on board with the blush dress was my mom. I valued my moms opinion the most next to my dad. Maybe the blush dress wasn't the one but it was definitely a contender.

Back in the dressing room, Sarah put me in this soft tulle ball gown. As soon as I was in it, I knew it was the one. I immediately started to cry. Sarah handed me a tissue and I wiped my tears.

"Is this the one?" Sarah asked, smiling. I just nodded my head.

"If none of them like it, I'm going to throw the worlds biggest temper tantrum"

We walk out and it was dead silent. I wasn't sure if the silence was a good thing or not. I stood on the podium and looked at myself in the mirror.

"I really, really, really, love this dress" I said. I could see myself in the dress walking towards Chris.

"Chris will love that dress!" Lindsay said, dapping her eyes with a tissue.

"Its the one because dad is crying" Sarah smiled.

"Dad stop crying." I said.

"I can't help it . My baby girl is getting married. I don't want to give you away" My dad said, crying. My dad then got up and hugged me. I hear a flash go off.

"So is this your dress?" Sarah asked.

"Yes! Yes it is!" I said. Having my dress made me want to get married tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dress one: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/227642956141977998/

Dress two: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/227642956141732331/

Dress three: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/265642077991314261/

Dress four: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/227642956141363019/ <--- She said yes to this dress