Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

Rage and Grace

"I've been driving for an hour Just talking to the rain You say I've been driving you crazy and its keeping you away So just give me one good reason Tell me why I should stay 'Cause I dont wanna waste another moment in saying things we never meant to say And I Take it just a little bit I, hold my breath and count to ten I, I've been waiting for a chance to let you in If I just breathe Let it fill the space between I'll know everything is alright Breathe Every little piece of me You'll see Everything is alright If I just breathe.."

Ella placed her acoustic guitar down. They were at Josh's garage. Mike was there and an angry Aubrey, plus a guy from Bio, his name was Dan.

"So?" Ella bit her bottom lip.

"Wow." Josh said. "I mean... rough around the edges, but none of the less, great."

"Who knew you could sing?!" Mike beamed. "And play the guitar."

"So, am I in?" Ella asked.

"Of course. Practice tomorrow after school. I already have a gig for us on Saturday so we need to practice really hard." Josh said.

"How about now?" Dan suggested.

"Do you have anywhere to be, Ella?" Mike asked.

Ella thought for a moment, she could go hunting at night. "Nope."

"Rad. Good thing you decided to join because then we would've have to asked Laruen or Jessica." Josh whispered.

Ella smiled.

"Glad I could save you from a huge disaster." Ella gigged.

"Okay, here are the lyrics, change around a bit if you want. I call it, 'You Don't Know What Love Is', but for some reason it doesn't seem right." Josh said. Ella and Josh took a seat on the couch in the garage the band gathered around them.

"I should probably change it to a girl's point of view." Ella said. "Is is all right?"

"Yeah." Josh said.

"Oh! I have like two notebooks full of random poems and songs, I'll bring it tomorrow and we can get started." Ella said.

The band agreed.

"Eureka." Ella beamed.

"What?" The band asked.

"The name for Josh's song... how about... 'Emergency'?" Ella asked.

"Wow, ten times better." Dan agreed. Josh glared at Dan and they laughed.

"Let's get started."

The rest of the week went by as a blur. Then Bam! It was Friday.

Ella and Bella went in separate cars but made it to school at the same time.

"Do the Cullens always go camping together?" Ella asked; Bella and Ella were at lunch talking.

"Just like once a month." Bella muttered absently. "Has that Jason given you any trouble?"

"No. He knows that Emmett would break his neck if he does." Ella took a bit from her pizza. "Gross. School pizza." She grimaced and Bella smiled.

"Are you doing something Saturday?" Ella asked Bella.

"No. Why?" Bella asked.

"Well, Josh got us a gig for the band and I thought it would be cool if you went." Ella said.

Bella thought as this opportunity to sort of re-bond with Ella. "Sure."

"Cool, invite anyone else you want." Ella told Bella which Cafe in Portland it was going to be at.

"You're exicited about this." Bella pointed out.

"Hells fucking yeah! I haven't felt this... happy... in a really long time." Ella smile sincerely for the first time in months.

"Aw, you're glowing." Bella teased.

"Shut it, Swan." Ella glared at her cousin playfully.

Ella's phone vibrated and she took it out of her back pocket. She flipped the cover and saw a text message, she opened it and it was from Jacob.

Jacob: R U doing sumthing this sat?

Ella: Im in a band nd ive got a gig, wanna come? =]

Jacob: Id love to, where?

Ella texted the name of the cafe.

Jacob: I know where it is, kewl. lol watcha doing?

Ella: eating a frozen pizza, u?

Jacob: listening as embry and quil aruge... quite amusing actually. lol

Ella: lol =] wish i could be there to like smack them at the back of their heads... muahaha

Jacob: youre so evil *sarcasm*

Ella: *gasps* i am insulted jacob black... i can b very evil... if i wanted 2.

Jacob: ur too sweet to rot...lol

Ella cocks an eyebrow.

[Is he flirting with me?]

Ella: jake, are you flirting with me?

Jacob: *smirks* maybe....

Ella: keep working on it hun, lol. so u r going on sat right? bring the boys!!

Jacob: for sure... that was suppose to sound ghetto...

Ella: u failed miserably...=[

The bell rings.

Ella: gotta go, bell just rang!!

Jacob: looking forward to seeing you sat.

Ella smiled from the inside and it showed on the outside.

"I think we're ready." Dan said as they just finished their last song; Dan was the bass.

"Yeah, we're really going to fucking rock!" Mike said; he was the drummer.

Ella was lead vocals, Aubrey was back up and Josh was guitar.

"What's our name anyway?" Ella wondered, she took a bottle of water because her throat was dry what she really needed was some blood.

"Oh. We're the Rage and Grace." Josh said.

Ella smiled. "I fucking love it!"

The rest of the band agreed with them.

"Did you came up with it on your own?" Aubrey asked.

"Not really, I was buying some CDs in Portland and I spotted The Offspring latest album 'Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.' and I thought the second line was a great name for a band." Josh said.

"Hope it's not illegal." Ella frowned a bit.

"It isn't, I looked it up." Josh said.

"Whoo!! We're the motherfucking Rage and fucking Grace!!" Ella pumped her fist in the air.

Ella, Bella and Uncle Chuck were having dinner as usual. Ella looked over to Uncle Chuck and saw the bangs under his eyes.

"Have you been sleeping, Uncle Chuck?" Ella asked looking over at him; concerned.

"These hikers... they keep missing and the attacker has no pattern, no exact spot where it attacks." Uncle Chuck massaged his eyes and then his temples.

Ella couldn't help but to gulp for some reason. For the last couple of mornings she has found dirt in her room.

[What if it's me? What if I can't control the monster inside of me anymore?] Ella thought and this made her lose her appettite.

"May I be excused, Uncle Chuck?" Ella said.

"Yeah." He said.

"Get some rest, Ella, you have a big day tomorrow." Bella said.

"Yeah, thanks." Ella said weary. She went upstairs to her room, she wanted to fall asleep, but the last thing she needed was to have nightmares. She needed to stay awake to make sure it wasn't her who was killing the hikers, but she was the only vampire in forks, as far she knew.

A few hours later, Ella was on her bed sleeping soundly.

Someone enters her room through the window. The person is a male. He smells the room and embraces the beautiful smell of Ella; the smell of flowers and candy but something more, there's always something else with her smell.

The man smirks as he sees Ella on her bed. He watches as her chest rises and falls, he's a bit baffled by this because he's never seen a half-ling before. Half-vampires were really rare because if the venom didn't turn it would usually kill them, but Ella survived and he had been searching for her for weeks, the police had hidden her after the attack and made it hard to track, but now she was closer than ever.

But now he was going to keep his eye on her for a long time, he needed her, he longed for her and no one was going to stop him.

"Sleep my dear Eleanor." He cooed. He leaned over the bed. "I will make you mine! Don't you dare doubt it... I'll be watching you."

Ella shot up straight for her bed and she was panting and then she began to hyperventilate.

[That voice... I know it.] Ella moved her eyes around the room frantically looking for the owner of the voice but there was no one there in her room.

"I'm going nuts." Ella slammed her head in the pillow and let out a small groan.

She looked over to her bed stand and the time read 1:46am. She groaned again and tried to fall back asleep. She was slowly drifting back to sleep and she finally did.

Someone else enters her room; Edward looks over at Ella.

[What are you doing to me? I can't stop thinking about!!] He cletched his hands. [Before you came my feelings were so clear about Bella, now I'm not so sure she's the one. I have to stay away from you.]

Edward was glad that she wasn't having any nightmares.

"Edward?" Her soft voice called.

Edward froze in his spot. He looked at Ella, she looked asleep, like she was sleep walking.

"Is that you, Eddie?" She called.

[It's a dream.] Ella thought and Edward heard her.

He figured out that when Ella is at a weak state he was able to enter her mind. Asleep was a weak state.

[It wouldn't do any harm.] He thought as he walked over to her bed.

She half-smiled. "Keep me safe."

Edward took his shoes off and got on Ella's bed, their faces facing each other.

She stared at those topaz, golden eyes and smiled. Edward looked at her eccentric green eyes and smiled. This felt right for the both of them. This was their place to be, their nirvana. Ella scootted more to Edward until her face was buried in his chest and his chin was on top of her head.

"I like this dream..." Ella muttered.

"Me too." Edward said. Ella smiled at the sound of his voice.

"Do you think I'm a monster, Ed?" Ella was still half-asleep but Edward heard clearly.

"Of course not." He said.

[I'm the monster.] He thought.

"You're no monster, Edward." Ella said.

"I didn't say that." He whispered.

"Yes... y-you did." She yawned.

This came to a shock to Edward, she had heard his thoughts, but how? Was she a witch? No he would've smelled her and there's no evidence in her room of her being a witch.

"Ella?" Edward said.

"Yeah?" Ella asked she drifting into REM.

"What really happened back home?" Edward asked.

Ella yawned. "He made me watch... as he.... then he bit me. He bit me." Now Ella was really asleep.

Edward's eyes widened.

[Bit you?]