Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

Because of her scent...

"What's today?" Ella asked as she ate some toasted pop tarts. Esme had been kind enough to buy some human food for Ella.

Ella was wearing some short shorts because it was the only clothes that fit her, she had a tank top under the sweater.

"Sunday." Alice informed.

Ella sighd in frustration. "We had a gig yesterday at the cafe again."

"Don't worry, they still think you ran away." Alice gave Ella an encouraging smile.

Ella didn't return it because she wasn't looking at Alice she was staring off into space.

[I need some and I need it now.] Ella thought urgently. She moved her foot up and down impatiently.

"I'm going to leave now." Ella said rising from her seat. "Thank you so much you guys."

Ella didn't even get near the door when Edward stopped her.

"Ella," His velvet voice spoke her name and she felt dazzled. "you're not ready."

"Mind your own fucking business, will ya?!" Ella didn't look back at Edward's hurt look and stormed out of the Cullen's house.

She needed to remember where Aubrey had told her where he was staying. Then she remembered and used her speed to get to his house.

His dad had a lot of money and probably paid off the family that lived in that house. Ella shoved her hands in her pockets and stepped up to the door and knocked twice.

The door opened half-way.

"Well, well, well. I never thought I see you here." Jason smirked at Ella.

"Do you have a nickle?" Ella meant marijuana.

"Oh, I've got something better than that, come on in love." Jason stepped aside to let Ella in.

***

Edward drove down to Bella's house. He couldn't stay not knowing where Ella had gone. She was in a dangerous state and she needed help, medical attention.

Edward knocked on the door frantically until Bella answered.

Edward searched the house even before Bella had time to think. He went back to the front entrance.

"Ella hasn't come has she?"

"When did she get back? What's going on?" Bella asked.

"We got her back on Wednestday but she's been asleep for the last three or so days and when she woke up... she was totally different. She didn't smile, she didn't joke. She's in shock. We have to find her."

***

Ella took another sniff of Jason's coke. She sniffled a couple of times before she sighed in relief.

"I forgot how wonderful it feels." Ella sighed as she slumped on the couch.

Jason was fully sober and smirked at Ella's high state.

"Where have you been for the past week?"

"I was kidnapped by a fixated vampire." Ella answered truthfully but Jason chuckled. He thought she was being sarcastic.

Ella smirked at Jason. "Missed me?"

"Loads." Jason answered seductively in her ear. Ella bit her lip.

"Good." She pushed him away from her. "I'm gonna go now."

"Uh-ah-ah. You haven't paid." Jason said.

Ella approached him seductively. "And what would you like?"

Jason grinned as he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. He planted kisses on her neck. He went up to her jaw line and right on her lips.

Author's note: Please understand she's under the influence of drugs. And since she's only half then yes she can get "high".

He backs her up against the wall with force as the kiss became passionate and lustfull. He took hold of her leg and brought it up to his hip. He rubbed her thigh with hunger but his lips never parting from hers. This is what he always wanted, to have her. Her skin was so cold and his hands were warm.

Jason unzipped her sweater and took it off. Ella ripped his shirt off. Jason went down to her neck, he went around it planting kisses.

Ella was so close to his neck, she smelled the blood going through his veins. His heart was thumping. Ella felt her eyes go red and so he pushed him away. Both of their breathing heavy. Ella closed her eyes and tried to stop it but the urge was overpowering her.

"What's wrong?" Jason heaved.

Ella shook her head. "Nothing."

Jason went up to Ella again and crashed his lips against her once more. This time using their tongues. Jason would squeeze Ella's sides with so much force, but it didn't hurt Ella.

"What changed your mind?" He said between kisses.

"About what?"

"Coming?" He parted his lips from her and she sighed. "Ella?"

"Don't call me, Ella. Call me Devi."

Jason shrugged and went back to kissing her.

When things were getting heated up there was a pound on the door.

Jason sighed as he broke away from Ella/Devi.

"Who the fuck is it?!" Jason yelled.

Ella/Devi who was now only in her shorts and bra, she pulled on her tank top. She walked over to the door and opened it.

Edward's eyes widened.

"What are you doing here?" He gasped.

"What the fuck do you care?" Ella/Devi snapped.

"Ella, you're not well. Come back to my house." Edward reached out his hand to get hold of her arm and she stepped back.

"I'm not going anywhere." Ella/Devi hissed. "And for the last fucking time, don't call me Ella, I'm Devi!!"

[Great.] Edward thought.

"Super great." Ella/Devi smirked.

[Did you just read my mind?] Edward asked.

"Maybe, maybe not." Ella/Devi smirked. "Now fuck off!"

She went to slam the door but Edward's arm stopped it.

"Ugh! What is your deal?" Ella/Devi shrieked in frustration.

"You're coming with me." Edward grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the house. Edward's Volvo wasn't the only car, there was also a Jeep with Emmett and Rosalie in it and in Edward's was Alice and Jasper.

Ella/Devi struggled free from Edward's grip and she sent him off flying across the front yard.

"You're not the fucking boss of me!!"

Ella/Devi ran into the forest in inhuman speed. Everything she passed was a blur and coccaine pumped in her system.

***

Edward looked up and saw Ella gone. He grinded his teeth and balled his hands into fist.

Alice walked out of the car and went to help Edward.

"Devi is back."

Alice widened her eyes. "What triggered her?"

"She was high." Emmett voice boomed.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked puzzled.

"Her pupils were dilated." Jasper answered.

"That stupid son of bitch, Jason, he must've given her." Edward growled.

"She came here out of her own free will, Edward." Rosalie pointed out.

"She doesn't know what she's doing!" Edward snapped at Rosalie.

"Stop! While we're here arguing, Ella is out there with unknown powers!" Alice yelled.

***

Ella, now fully Ella since Devi wore out, was laying down at the grass at the top of a cliff. She looked at the sky and watched as the clouds came together and the sky darkened.

"There's a storm coming." Ella muttered to herself. She wiped the animal blood out of the corner of her mouth. She had fought a bear somewhere and dranked his blood.

Drips of water hit Ella on the face but she didn't move. This was the catatonic state I was talking about. Her breathing was slow and steady.

She was remembering what James told her about Drake. How he had saved her from the burning car. How it was her fault he was dead, just because of her scent. The rain mixed with her tears. She never felt so alone. It was the same feeling a week ago. When Charlie had gone and she stayed on the couch.

There was a hole in her chest and nothing was feeling it. She was hallow. She had lost her family. She had to move away from her friends. She comes here and falls for the boyfriend of her cousin and just when she thought things were looking up, her past catches up and messes everything up.

She didn't know when the rain stopped but then she sat straight up and crossed her legs indian-style. The clouds were still gray which meant more rain later.

"Can't you see that you're smothering me. Holding too tightly afraid to lose control
Cause everything that you thought I would be. Has fallen apart right in front of you." Ella muttered lowly to herself a song from Linkin Park.

"Ella?" Edward approched Ella carefully like one would approach a lion. He had followed her scent through the woods, and behind him were the rest of the Cullens.
Ella heard her name but didn't turn around. She had an empty expression on her face. She stood up and she was so close to the cliff's edge it scared Edward that she would try to jump. Who knows if she could die because she was in fact still human?

"He told me Drake survived the car crash... that Drake saved me from being burned alive... but that he needed to get him out of the picture in order to get to me. He killed Drake because I loved him. He killed my family because I loved them."

"Step away from the cliff." Carlisle cooed. "Ella, listen to me. It's not your fault."

"Everywhere I go and everything I touch gets ruined. And I feel like I'm so alone. I feel hallow and empty inside."

Alice couldn't bear to see Ella this way; she was helpless and weak.

"I've got nothing to live for and I don't even know if I can die. But I want to die so badly. I want this pain inside of me to stop. I feel like I'm in dark with a blind folded. I feel like I'm falling in an endless tunnel. I want... to be free. I want... to be loved. I want my family."

"Ella, look at us." Edward whispered.

Ella turned her head back and watched the worried looks on the Cullen's, including Rosalie's.

"You have a family. You are a Cullen."

Ella chuckled slightly.

"And as a family member we are there for you thick and thin." Alice added.

"We care for you. We love you." Esme got so attached to Ella, she liked how her smile brought a room to life.

Ella looked down at the cliff and thought about it.

"We're not letting anything happen to you." Edward was now next to Ella. He took her hand gently, then wrapped his arm around her waist and slowly brought her against him and hugged her. "We love you, Ella. You have a family. Charlie and Bella, you have to think about them."

"What if I ever lose control?"

"We'll be there." Emmett said.