Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

Paranoia's all I got left

Ella stood there and looked out at the woods. Her tears meant she wasn't entirely a monster; she was happy to learn that there was humanity in her.

[Edward,] Emmett said inside his head.

Edward forced his eyes to look away from Ella. [Yeah?]

[You don't think Ella is a.... a...vampire?] Emmett thought.

[She couldn't be... I can still smell the blood inside of her.] Jasper answered.

[Then why did she mean she was human?] Emmett retorted.

[Ella...is... a mystery. What was that call about?] Edward thought.

Ella smiled sincerely; it's something that felt like ages ago for her.

"Why does it feel like night today?
Something in here's not right today.
Why am I so uptight today?
Paranoia's all I got left
I don't know what stressed me first
Or how the pressure was fed
But I know just what it feels like
To have a voice in the back of my head
Like a face that I hold inside
A face that awakes when I close my eyes
A face watches every time I lie
A face that laughs every time I fall
(And watches everything)" Papercut by Linkin Park.


As Ella listened to the ring tone and horror struck her.

"No." She whispered and the boys kept quiet. "F uck."

Edward noticed how her hand shook and he knew it wasn't because of the cold.

"Oh Lord." Ella face was indescriable; she looked scared shit-less and worried.

[Wonder what it is?] Edward thought.

Ella took a deep breathe and answered. "Sup?" This time she didn't put it on loud speaker so the boys had to keep extra quiet to listen carefully.

"Eleanor, so good to hear your voice. I've missed you babe." It was a male's voice and he sounded dangerous.

"What do you want, Jason?" Ella hissed her tone dangerous.

"Aw, don't be that way love," He was obviously british by his accent. "not after what we've been through."

"Get to the point, Jason." Ella snapped. "What do you want?"

This side was new to Edward; he had seen so many sides of Ella in less the one day: he has seen the gentle side of her, the vulnerable side and now her dangerous side.

"Of course I want you, babe." Ella could hear the smirk curl on his lips.

"Jason." Ella hissed annoyed.

"I want my money." His voice got serious. "You still owe me babe."

"I thought I was done?" Ella half-yelled.

"What about the cocaine the cops consficated at your house?" Jason snapped.

"That wasn't my fault." Ella retorted in a harsh tone.

"Look, I'll give one week to give me my fifteen thousand dollars worth of cocaine, I'm taking the next plane to Seattle. Can't wait to see you." Jason hung the phone.

"F uck! F uck! F uck!!" Ella literally stomped up and down in frustration.

Emmett giggled and Ella caught this. She looked at the bushes behind her.

"Who's there?!" She yelled.

Edward punched Emmett and glared hard.

[Let's leave.] Edward ordered.

Ella hated not knowing so she stumped towards the bushes. She placed her hands in the middle and pulled apart.

"Ah HA!" But there was nothing there. "UGH!"

*~*
Ella pulled on some new clothes. She was half-asleep when she was dressing. She found what she guessed were clean skinny jeans and pulled them up. She found a Slipknot shirt and she pulled her in a small pony tail and she placed her thin plugs in her ears.

She still hasn't forgetten what Jason had told her; how could she? How was she going to get fifteen thousand dollars in one week? It was impossible.

Ella skipped breakfast and she quickly headed towards the door. When she swung the door open she found Edward in a about-to-knock-position.

"Hiya Eddie, see ya in school!" Ella beamed.

[How can she fake it?] Edward thought as he remembered last night. He forced a smile. She started to walk past him but he caught her arm.

"Ella, wait." Edward whispered, Ella, bewildered, looked at Edward.

"Yes, Eddie?" Ella asked.

"I need to talk to you... sometime... privately. Meet me after school today at the library?" Edward gave her a serious look.

She opened her mouth to say something, but couldn't so she just nodded and whispered 'sure'.

~*~
"Emmmmmmmeeeeeetttttt" Ella greeted Emmett with a big hug, which he didn't return because he was too confused to what was going on. Of course, he still remembers last night.

[Damn! She could win an Emmy for being the best Actress in the world.] Emmett thought.

"Yes?" He said as Ella still hugged him by the waist.

"Can you do me a huge favor, even though I've only known you for like two or three days?" Ella cooed. She stopped hugging him and looked up to Emmet with puppy eyes.

"What is it?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I've got some stuff coming from my old home and I'm gonna need big strong."--Ella squeezes his arms--"arms like your to help me get them off the moving truck."

"What do I get out of this?" He crossed his arms on his chest.

"The satisfaction that you helped dear-old-me." Ella fluttered her eyelashes all girly-like.

"I'll do it just because I like you." Emmett smiled and Ella high fived him.

"Thanks lots, big bear." Ella plafully hit Emmett, but like with Edward, she regretted to do so. "Damn! Is your whole family made of stone?!"

Emmett laughs at Ella and Ella sticks her tongue out at him.

~*~
"Bonjour, Mon nom est, Ella." Ella said in french. (Hello, my name is, Ella.)

"Very good accent, Ella." Ms. Jacque smiled.

"Merci, Madame." Ella said with a curtsy and the class giggled.

"Next." said Ms. Jacque.

Someone poked Ella's arm and she turned her head to face Edward.

"Sup Eddie?" Ella greeted.

"Remember, I need to talk to you." Edward said serious.

"Ugh! Yeah, about that, I've got some stuff coming from my home this afternoon and I won't be able to meet you. Sorry." Ella said with a sorry look.

"It's okay, we'll talk at lunch." It wasn't a question.

"Oh, um, what about Bella?" Ella whispered since the teacher was beginning to look their way.

"I'm sure she'll survive without me... I hope." He said.

Ella giggled. "It's Bella we're talking about, trouble is her middle name." Edward smiled wider.

*~*
"So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Ella looked across the table to Edward. She knew most people were looking at them, but hse coudl care less.

"Why did you really move to Forks?" His tone was serious.

"I told you, because I got into some bad shit." Ella started to get nervous. Did Bella mention something?

[She couldn't have, she doesn't know how they died? But did she told him that they're dead.] Ella thought.

Edward leaned forward. "We're friends, right?"

"Yeah." Ella said.

"Friends don't lie to each other." Edward kept his eyes on her every movement.

"Friends know their limits." And without another word Ella stood from her seat and walked away from Edward, but she was stopped when a cold hand gripped her bicep.

"I'm trying to help you." Edward hissed angrily.

Ella tried to pull her arm away but his grip was stronger than her. "I don't need help, I'm perfectly fine." Ella hissed.

"No, that's just it Ella, you're not fine, you're in pain." Edward hissed.

"I'm not in pain, why would I be in pain?" Ella said.

[If I tell her, she'll be freaked out. I can't. Not now.] Edward released Ella and she stormed off.

Bella saw the whole thing and was confused, she walked over to Edward.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"Nothing just your cousin is stubborn as a mule." Edward spat and Bella was taken back by his reaction. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"It's okay, I understand perfectly. Ella gets on my nerves as well." Bella smiled. "But it's perfectly understandable, after everything she's been through."

"What do you mean?" Edward asked.

Bella smiled nervously. "I c-can't tell you, it's her business and unless she wants you to know."

Edward nods understanding the trust Ella has on Bella to keep her secrets, even though Bella only knew as much as him.

Ella was furious.

[What the hell is his problem? Why does he care what happened to me? Plus, no one must know.] Ella thought, she was outside the cafeteria where other kids hung out.

Ella felt a body sit next to her and the smell of the blood it was Josh. She needed to contain herself, she hadn't feed in almost two days; she was dangerous.

"What's wrong, you look so depressed?" Josh's voice was concerned. He really cared for Ella.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Ella laughed nervously and she sniffed her nose, at least she now knew she could cry.

"You don't look fine." Josh said. Ella finally looked at Josh.

"I'm sure you don't want to hear my girly problems." Ella teased with a shove to Josh's ribs.

"If it's coming from you, I'll listen to every word." Josh whispered next to Ella's ear.

Edward sat with Bella, but his mind was on Ella. He couldn't understand why. One minute he knows his feelings for Bella, he knows he loves her and she loves him. But then Ella pops out of nowhere with her smile and great personality. She wasn't even trying to win his heart but slowly, but surely, she was. But he knew it couldn't be because... it would mess things up with Bella. He still loves Bella, but with Ella it was something else.

"I'm going to check on Ella." Edward announced. Bella nodded.

Bella knew he could trust Edward, because he has showed her how much he loves her.

Edward rised from his seat and headed out of the cafeteria. It was cloudy outside and it looked like a big storm was coming soon. As Edward turned on the corner of the building he started to look in people's mind and he lands on one's in particular.

[I can't believe I'm kissing her. God! She kisses so good, her lips are soft and smooth and her movements are just right.] It was a male's voice. Edward was at the back of the cafeteria building. Two people were kissing, one was a boy with brown hair and the other was a girl with... red-orange-y hair. Time seemed to stop for Edward. He wanted to shred the boy to pieces.

[What am I thinking? I love Bella. This shouldn't bother me... then why do I feel like killing the guy?] Edward growled, he didn't noticed that his growl was heard by Ella.

She stopped kissing and looked behind Josh, for a moment there was a blur, it was a figure of somebody.

"What's wrong?" Josh asked.

"This is too fast, Josh. I really don't need a relationship right now." Ella wasn't lying, she wasn't ready for a relationship.

"Oh." His voice was hurt.

[It's too soon.] Ella thought.

"I understand." Josh said.

Ella smiled at him. "Good."

"Are you ready?" Ella jumped on Emmett's back. He was walking with a blonde chick, she was exceptionally beautiful. She gave Ella a weird look.

[Who is this mortal?] Rosalie thought.

"Yeah." Emmett said. "Rosalie, meet Ella, Bella's cousin."

"Hello." Rosalie said.

Ella got off Emmett and reached out her hand to Rosalie with a warm smile.

"Sup?" Ella asked.

Rosalie raised an eyebrow and looked at Ella strangely.

[Well, she's certaily not like her cousin.] Rosalie thought.

"Dude, have you ever thought of modeling, cause like you totally would pass as one." Ella smiled widely.

"I'll see you at home, Rosie." Emmett said, they stopped walking and quickly kissed.

Ella politely looked away giving them their space.

"Okay, let's go." Emmett announced.

"'Kay." Ella said leading Emmett to the truck.

"Ah, this truck is ancient." Emmett said.

Ella laughed. "It's a classic it's your car's great-great-grandfather."

Emmett laugh was loud and deep. "You're funny."

Ella opened the door of the drivers and then went over to the passengers to open Emmett's. Emmett had to be real careful opening the door because any wrong movement could break the whole door.

It was colder inside of the car but of course Emmett couldn't tell the difference but Ella gave out a shiver.

"So, the heater doesn't work?" Emmett asked.

"Nope, but I think I'm going to fix it when I get time." Ella turned on the car and the roar of a lion was heard across the parking lot.

"At least we know it's alive." Emmett joked.

Ella laughed.

[Wow, this girl knows how to laugh... it's sweet.] Emmett thought as he heard Ella's laugh. [She doesn't force her laugh, if I wasn't in love with Rosie, she'd definitely be a great choice.]

Ella reversed back and then drove out of the parking lot. She reached over to the radio and turned it on. She kept looking for a station with some good music.

"Damn! No good reception. Memo to self, get satilite radio." Ella said.

"Talk to yourself a lot, Ella?" Emmett chuckled.

"No!" Ella snapped. "I just enjoy thinking out loud... a lot."

"Sounds like you're schizophrenic." Emmett teased.

"Sounds like you're stupid." Ella said.

Emmett opened his mouth for a comeback, but nothing came to mind so he closed it again.

"Uh-huh, Ella, uno, Emmett cero." Ella pumped her fist in the air as she drove with one hand. "Whoa!"

Ella turned on a corner and she saw the white semi-truck parked outside of the house and then another one with a black Impala, a classic.

"I can't wait for you to meet my baby, he's gorgeous." Ella beamed.

"You're... a teenage mother?!" Emmett was shocked.