‹ Prequel: In the End

Unbroken

Chapter 4

I woke up in the morning, and I gently slip away from the warmth of Andy's arms and the blankets and I start to head downstairs and get breakfast started and I decide on something simple and as I begin to cook, I hear footsteps and feel a pair of arms around my middle. I look over my shoulder to see Andy, who's rested his chin on my shoulder. I smile at him and he only gives me a small smile. I then notice that something's not right as he moves around, like he's practically dragging himself. I make a mental note as I set the waffles down on the platter. I turn the heat off and I go to find Andy, and when I do, I hear crying. I pause. Oh, no. He's thinking about Chris again. I thought.

Chris Holley, BVB's guitar tech and Andy's best friend, passed away last year in his sleep. We didn't have any indication as to what killed him, until later on that it was merely an overdose. It crushed Andy, because I know how close they were. I hear my heart breaking as I walk over to the living room and I sit with Andy on the couch.

"Moonlight?" I murmur, as I lightly move my fingers through his hair, a simple comfort gesture that Andy loves when he's sad and upset. He looks up at me, his eyes are red and he sniffles softly.

"I'm sorry, love." Andy says, as he gestures to me so I move into his arms. "I woke up today thinking about Chris. I miss him, Faith. I miss him so much."

"Oh, Moonlight. Shh. It's okay," I whisper as I kiss his bare chest and he holds me. "It's okay. I completely understand."

Andy rests his chin on my hair as he cries and I could feel his tears soak into my hair and it made me feel so sad to watch my boy in such pain. I move my hands down his back to comfort him as I rest on his chest and I start to hum softly to soothe his aching heart. After a while, all I hear is him sniffling and I look up at him. I move my hand so it catches the reminder of his tears and wipes them away.

"You probably think I'm weak because I'm crying, huh?" Andy says. My eyes widen at him in shock and I wrap my arms around his neck and I rest my head against his and I shake my head at him.

"Light," I murmur, moving my hand so it rests against his jawline. "You're not weak. You're so strong. You're my rock, my balance, my safety, my protection and my love. And even the strongest have their breaking points. I'm not gonna judge you for crying in front of me. You've done it before. Don't be ashamed of yourself. It's okay to be that way and still be strong."

Andy takes a breath and he leans into my touch, his eyes close and he tries to calm down as my touch always brings him some kind of comfort. He looks at me and he rests his head on mine again.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly," Andy murmurs, as he leans up to kiss my forehead. I shake my head at him and I kiss him on the cheek, telling him that it was alright and that it was just a spur of the moment type of thing. I let my hand move up and down his back, while my other arm was wrapped around his neck as he finally calms down.

"It's okay, Light." I say, pecking his lips. "Come on."

He takes my hand as we finally get breakfast started and I run upstairs to grab Blayde and we eat together and after a while, Andy starts to feel better and it makes me feel better and after breakfast, Andy has to leave so he could finish filming his first major role in a movie called American Satan. I haven't heard much about it, all I know is that I've seen snippets of it on Instagram and Twitter and Andy is playing Johnny Faust. That's all I know so far. I wave him off with a kiss and a promise that I'd see him when he gets home.

I then head to the studio and I bring Blayde along, my band and I are almost finished with our new record that's coming out soon. We're in the process of mixing still, and we won't know when the date to release it will be until we hear back from the label. I'm just really excited to be putting out new music, alongside Andy, who's been working really hard on the Andy Black stuff right now.

He just released four new tracks off his album and some snippets of the other tracks too, including a special one that he told me is about me. He didn't tell me which song it is, but I know he wrote one of them about me and our relationship. Which is so sweet and so thoughtful of him and it makes me so happy to have someone as important as Andy in my life.

After an exhausting day in the studio, I walk inside to a lovely and intimate feeling through out it, candles making the room nice and dim and rose petals on the floor. I smile as I put my keys down and I put away Andy's leather jacket. I walk into the living room and I see that the trail of rose petals lead into the kitchen, where my Light is standing. He has a lovely smile on his face and he's holding something behind his back.

"Light?" I say.

"Hey, beautiful." Andy's voice is soft and sweet and loving and I just melt at the sound. I then watch as Andy pulls out a beautiful bouquet of flowers from behind his back and I melt as he hands them to me and I take them. Andy kisses me softly and hugs me.

"What are these for?" I murmur. Andy smiles against my hair and he moves my hair away from my face.

"Because," He whispers against me, his hand rubbing my back. "You're my strength, Faith. When I'm weak, you're always strong. And I wanted to thank you for that."

"Light, you would always do the same for me," I say, wrapping my arm around his neck. "You would always stay by my side, no matter how many times I wanted to push you away. You stayed because you love and care about me. And I will always do the same for you."

"I know, Faith." Andy murmurs, kissing my temple. "That's because you're the most special girl that I know. You're my everything and more."

"Okay, now I know you're being cheesy, babe." I say. Andy laughs and he holds me closer to him, and he starts to nuzzle into my neck, he kisses my neck and throat, making me sigh softly and lean against him. He smiles against my skin because he knows that only his affection can make me this way.

"Fine. Call me cheesy, Faith. I still love you." He whispers in my ear, making my body shiver against him. His breath is so warm and so sweet against my skin.

"I love you too, Light." I murmur. He kisses me again, sweetly and softly before I put the bouquet of flowers in a vase. Andy also had taken the chance to set up a romantic dinner for the both of us and it was just so sweet and thoughtful. Andy then leads me to our backyard, where a small dance floor had been set up. I felt tears come into my eyes as I look back at the last time I'd seen a dance floor, which was our wedding.

"Moonlight..." I gasp as I turn and I see Andy, who's knelt down beside me, with his hand out to me. He grins that perfect grin of his and I could see the love in his eyes.

"Lacey." Andy says, his voice soft and loving. "Will you dance with me?"

A tear falls down my face as I nod and I put my hand in his. He guides me to the center of the floor, where I wrap my arms around his neck and he puts his hands on my waist as we move in tune to the music that's playing from my IHome.

"You're so beautiful. You know that?" Andy murmurs, as he lifts my chin up so my eyes meet his ice blue ones, the same ice blue eyes that I first fell in love with and the same blue eyes I will always love for the rest of my life.

"No. I'm not." I say, as I advert my eyes from him and Andy takes a breath and he stops us halfway through our dance. I look at him and raise a brow.

"Hey. Look at me." Andy's hands cup my face and our eyes meet again. "Lacey. You need to stop acting like this. I don't know what's telling you that you aren't beautiful because I know for a fact that you're beautiful. You're my everything. You're my soulmate. You mean more to me than you'll ever know. You may have scars and you may have came from a past of abuse and neglect, but what's important is the fact that I saved you. I healed you and I guided you. I also protected you from Blaze and his harm. I made you see past your scars and I let you be who you wanted to be. And it hurts me when you say you're not beautiful because it shows me that everything I do for you means nothing. And I don't want that to happen. I love you, so much that it hurts me when I'm not near you. So, please. Stop acting like what I do doesn't matter to you. Because it clearly does matter."

I then see tears come into Andy's eyes and I see that my own insecurities that I've been feeling lately are starting to hurt Andy and all Andy's trying to do is help make it better and be there for me, like he's always been.

"I'm sorry, Andy." I start to cry then. "I didn't know that my own insecurity would hurt you so much. I don't even know why it's bothering me so much. It's been bothering me ever since we came home from our honeymoon. All I know is that I can't look at myself in the mirror anymore because I get reminded that I came from a horrid background where I was beaten and neglected by a monster that didn't even let me stand up for myself until I left him years ago. I-I don't even know what to do anymore. I'm so worthless. I just know that I am and I can't stop it."

Andy's eyes soften as I begin to sob and he pulls me close and he hugs me gently, giving me his arms for comfort and for protection, as he always has.

"Baby. Shh." Andy murmurs, moving his fingers through my hair. "You're not worthless at all, sweetheart. You're so strong, you've been through hell and back, like I have. Which is why I fell in love with you. You and I came from hell but we found our own ways to survive. Let me in when you're struggling, love. Let me be your rock and let me guide you and help you out of this. Let me be your Moonlight, like I've always been."

"I should've let you help me and I didn't," I sniffle. "Please. Help me get better again, Light. Please."

"Always, honey. I will do whatever it takes to make you feel whole again." Andy says, as he lets his thumb catch the reminder of my tears. I nod slowly and Andy kisses me, he kisses me gently and slowly, he wants me to feel his love and his comfort. When we break away, he leans his forehead against mine and he closes his perfect ice blue eyes and he rests against me for a moment. "You're perfect, Lacey. You always have been and you always will be. And I promise to do whatever it takes for you to see it like I see it."

I nod against him and I rest my head on his chest as we stand together on the dance floor and I feel as if the demon that was bothering me since that day, started to slowly go away.

"I love you, Andy." I murmur. Andy smiles and he kisses my forehead again while his arms squeeze me gently.

"I love you too, Lacey. With all my heart." Andy whispers, as he holds me again.

A couple of weeks later, I'm packing a light bag for myself and Blayde because I'm heading to New York City with Andy because he's playing an intimate show for all of the fans who ordered the new Andy Black album before it came out. The first show is here in LA at the Lyric Theatre and then the next show is on the fifth of May in New York. I'm dressed in a strapless v necked crop top and a pair of leggings that have suspenders on them and the bottoms have black lace. I'm wearing my Iron Fist 'Night Walker' boots that have bat wings on them. I'm wearing my silver crescent moon necklace, my silver cross dangle earrings, a silver moon ring and a black and silver cross ring, both of them opposite of my wedding ring. My nails are glossy black but my ring fingers are silver. My hair is up in a ponytail and out of my face. My insecurities do bother me once in a while but not too bad to where I can't handle it.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart." I look up and I see Andy, who's standing in the doorway to our bedroom. I smile as he enters and wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder. He's dressed in a black blazer, a white button down shirt and a pair of his black skinny jeans.

"Thank you, Light. I feel beautiful." I say. Andy smiles and he kisses the top of my shoulder.

"That's how you should always feel, baby." He whispers against my skin, his warm sweet breath making me shiver again. He chuckles and he kisses my temple. "You should always feel beautiful and confident, Lacey."

I nod as Andy kisses my throat a few times and he nuzzles into my neck, his nose ring cool against my skin. I turn around and I wrap my arms around his neck, as his hands settle against my waist.

"You've always been by my side throughout all of this," I murmur as my fingers rest on his gelled back hair. "I'm so grateful that I have you in my life and I'm grateful that you're always there to catch me when I struggle. That means more to me than you'll ever know."

Andy gives me that side smile of his that always makes me melt from the inside out before kissing me and kissing my forehead.

"There's no place I'd rather be than to be right beside you, my love." Andy says, as he kisses the bridge of my nose. He takes our hands and intertwines them, and swings them, making me giggle.

I smile and he kisses me again before we take off for the Lyric Theatre after I check on Blayde to make sure she's asleep, as we arrive, we see the fans starting to line up for the show and it makes me smile. Andy kisses my cheek as we walk in together, hand in hand. Before I knew it, it was showtime. Andy was doing some final touch ups on his look and I watched, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.

"I'm so proud of you, Moonlight." I say, as Andy's eyes meet mine while he walks over to me. He pecks my lips and he hugs me for a moment.

"Thank you, baby." He murmurs, against my hair. He strokes my hair before kissing my head. He lets go of me.

"I love you. Have a good show." I tell him.

"I will. I love you too, Faith." Andy says, as he heads out on stage and the fans go crazy and I just laugh as I take my place side stage. Andy plays quite a few songs, he played Stay Alive, Ribcage (featuring my vocals), Dancing With Myself, which is a Billy Idol cover, he did Louder Than Your Love and as he wraps up that song, I hear a few voices say my name.

"Is that Lacey?" I hear the fans. Well, looks like my cover was blown. I then hear the fans chanting my name, which makes Andy stop what he was doing as he approaches the mic.

"Yes, Lacey is here tonight." The crowd started cheering and I blush and look down, crossing my arms again. "Make some noise for my wife, Lacey Blackburn!"

I then walk out onstage and I stood with Andy as the crowd cheers us on and I smile as Andy hands me the microphone.

"Right. Why am I out here, exactly?" I say, it makes the crowd laugh and Andy as well. I giggle at myself as I continue. "I'm just kidding. You guys having a kickass time tonight?!"

The crowd roars with cheers and my smile brightens as I turn to Andy. He kisses me, and it makes them go super crazy. I shake my head at the crowd with amusement and Andy kisses my forehead before I take my leave and he continues his set. He does Time To Waste, which is an Alkaline Trio song, and ends the set with We Don't Need To Understand and We Don't Have to Dance. It was an incredible show and I've never been more proud of my boy. I then met up with John Feldmann, Calum and Ashton from Five Seconds of Summer and Matt Skiba and Mark Hoppus from Blink 182. They all came out to support Andy, which I thought was really sweet.

I then slip inside Andy's dressing room, where he's still getting changed from his stage clothing into more street clothing, as he's putting on a vintage Cincinnati Reds shirt, I take this chance to slip my arms around his waist. It catches him by surprise, but I feel his hands take mine in his and intertwine our fingers.

"Did you enjoy the show, love?" Andy murmurs. I rest my face against his back and I breathe in his smell, letting it wrap around me like an embrace.

"Yeah. It was incredible. I'm so proud of you." I whisper. Andy brings my hands up to his lips and he kisses them softly before brushing his thumbs over my knuckles.

"I'm so happy that you could be here for this," Andy turns around so we're face to face and his hand cups my face. "The fact that you're not touring right now makes me happy because I got to share this experience with you. And that means a lot to me than you'll ever know. I love you, Lacey. So much."

"I love you too, Andy." I kiss him and wrap my arms around him and he rests his hands on my hips. We break apart and Andy holds me in his arms for a moment, I could feel him grinning as he rests his chin against my hair because he's so happy. He's put so much effort into this Andy Black project and it's finally paying off for him and it makes my heart swell with joy.

The next day, Andy, Blayde and I take an early flight to New York City because Andy has another show to play there too. Blayde's tired so she sleeps most of the time, giving Andy and I some time to just cuddle and be near each other because after this show, I'm heading back home to finish the record. We arrive at our hotel and get checked into our room. The room is lovely, it's got a nice view of the city. I head into the bathroom and shower, I change into a black tank top and a pair of galaxy leggings. I put my hair up into a braid. I then get into bed with Andy, who's keeping his eye on Blayde and watching TV. His attention focuses on me as he shifts onto his side and he brings me into his embrace, resting his hands behind my back. I smile as I look at him and he pecks my lips while I rest my arms around his neck. I rest my head on his chest and I breathe a sigh as I listen to his heart beating. Andy notices something's up as he takes my hand, that's laying on his chest and he kisses it, before leaning his cheek into it.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" He murmurs. I look up at him and I take another breath as my thumb traces his jawline.

"Nothing, Light. It's just, I hate that I have to leave tomorrow." I whisper. Andy nods, understanding as he squeezes me gently to his body.

"I don't want you to leave." Andy says, stroking my hair. "But I can't force you to stay, love. You have your record that needs to be finished."

I sigh and I feel a tear fall down my face and he feels it too as it hits his skin. Andy's hand rubs my back gently.

"Don't cry," He whispers now. "Shh. Honey. I hate it when I see you cry. Love, I'll be home before you know it. I promise."

"I know," I tell him, as I just let my fingers play with his hair. "I'm gonna miss you, that's all."

"I'll miss you too, my Faith." Andy kisses my forehead and his arms tighten a bit, like a corset. "These last couple of days have been incredible because I've finally got to play my first Andy Black show and I got to share that with you and the fans. And seeing you overcome your struggles with insecurity has been a great thing to see. And I wanna just cherish this last day with you because I know I won't be able to see you or Blayde for almost three months."

His words always make me melt, even when I'm crying in front of him and I nod. Andy smiles as he lightly brushes his lips against my face, making sure to touch the spots where my tears have fallen, he makes sure to give them love as well.

"Don't think about tomorrow, baby. Think about today. Cherish it." Andy murmurs, kissing my cheek. And that's what I'm gonna do.

The next night, as I get ready for Andy's show, I dress up in a dark red crop top and a pair of black leggings that are slashed and they have a skull on the right side. I wear my 'Faith' necklace, gold cross earrings, and a match gold cross ring and crescent moon and star ring. I wear my Iron Fist 'Wishbone' platform heels that have bones on them. I also decide to keep my hair down and to just curl it out.

"You're looking so divine, my love." I see Andy in the reflection of the mirror and I smile as he walks to me and kisses me softly. I then pout at him and he laughs and kisses my pout.

"Stop being so sweet to me," I tell him. He chuckles and he lifts me up in his arms, making me squeal and giggle.

"Only if you stop being so beautiful," Andy's words are so soft that they make me shiver and his ice blue eyes make me melt. I shake my head at him.

"Never," I say.

"Then never, baby." He murmurs, kissing me again and setting me back down on my feet. Andy's wearing the same black blazer he wore when he played the last show in LA, except he's wearing a black button down shirt and his jeans. I then decide to just post a photo of us, Andy kissing my cheek as it happens onto my Instagram with this caption:

Spent a lovely few days watching my love andyblack play a couple of shows in LA and in New York. It's been the best couple of days and I'll be returning to work on the new tpnofficial record that's set to release tomorrow. But, it's gonna be hard to leave him as he begins his tour until July. I'll miss you, my Moonlight. My everything and more. Hurry home soon.

The show in New York was amazing, Andy played the same songs as he did in LA and he even brought me and Blayde up on stage with him again. It was incredible. After an amazing show, the next morning is difficult because I have to leave Andy so I could get back to working on the new record with my band. The day's full of sadness as I pack my bags and I leave my Light, as he begins to start his Homecoming Tour.