Status: More will be coming soon, promise. You WILL have a few chapters before sept 31.

Blush.

0020.

Quinn’s POV.

I crept into Gerard’s room quietly. It was dim in the early morning light; he’d been in here since yesterday and wouldn’t come out. His sleeping form was curled into a ball and his breathing came slowly but in a steady pattern.

I sat on the edge of the bed and stroked his hair. Without him, I doubt that Frank and I would have survived. We would have probably been out on the streets, shooting up, stealing to live or something like that. Gerard was like the mother I never truly had. And I was so grateful for that.

He saved Frank and I when no one else thought we were worth saving.

Gerard’s POV.

My eyes fluttered open, instantly noticing the extra weight on my bed. I turned my head and struggled to keep my eyes open to see who it was.

“Morning Quinn,” I yawned. He looked down at me, not surprised to see me awake.

“Morning. How did yesterday go? I’m sorry I wasn’t back til late,” he replied.

“Where were you? With your boyfriend?”

He nodded, smiling, memories obviously going through his mind at being reminded about last night.

“So,” he began, “You and Mikey…?”

I didn’t really want to talk about it yet. I’d had a night to sleep on it and I still felt unsettled about the whole arrangement. Frank wasn’t entirely happy with me for going to see Mikey for dinner, how is he going to react when he finds out that I’m going to Mikey’s wedding?

“Talked,” I finally answered with a sigh. “We talked and he invited Frank and I to his wedding. I’ll be taking you too if I go.”

If you go?”

“Yes, if. I’d love to be on good terms with my brother but I can’t risk it if it’s just going to screw up my family,” I finished softly. It’s the first time I’d really said anything like that aloud. Sure, we all knew that we were a family but we never exactly mentioned it specifically.

“Gerard, we’ll manage. If we’re a family, then we’ll get through it. All families have rough patches and tough shit they need to work through together. We’re a family; we can do it,” he said, his eyes shining slightly.

“You better not start crying,” I mumbled, smiling weakly.

“It’s just…well, being part of a family is just so…it makes me feel wonderful,” he replied, mumbling too and wiping a small tear that managed to escape his eye. I couldn’t help but sit up and pull him into a big hug.

“Family,” I whispered, “Forever and always.”

Neither of us heard Frank come in, so we were both shocked when he spoke. “Is this private or can anyone join?” he asked softly.

I smiled at him and gestured for him to come over. All three of us sat on my bed and embraced each other. It was so sentimental and I guess we were all lucky that we’re all kind of feminine; otherwise it would have been extremely awkward.

“You guys are my family now,” I whispered.

“For forever,” Quinn whispered, following on from my sentence.

“And always,” Frank continued, nuzzling his face into my neck and wrapping his arm tighter around Quinn.

“No matter what,” I finished.
♠ ♠ ♠
Deds to Jonne Aaron. for the awesome banner.

Wrinkles.