My Life Is a Cliché

I Love You

I yawned, waiting for Beatrice to get in with my coffee. It was my second week back at work and things had gone into a lull. It wasn’t abnormal for that to happen but it was a little discouraging. Beatrice came with my coffee and I glanced at the clock. It was 4.

I sighed. “Well, we all might as well go,” I said.

“Is this normal?” Gregory asked.

“Not exactly. It happens sometimes. But we just signed a deal with the local radio station and they’ll be running a commercial for us.”

We went our separate ways but Katie wasn’t back yet. I frowned and called her.

“Where are you?” I asked and she swore under her breath.

“Damn. I got swept away on a conference. I left the car at the apartment. I’m sorry!”

I shook my head, closing my eyes. “It’s all right. I’ll see if Hatch can come pick me up.”

“Sorry again!”

“It’s all right. When do you get back?”

“Three days.” She sounded frustrated. “I really don’t want to be here, Morana,” she said quietly.

“Why not?”

“They brought me just for looks,” she said through clenched teeth.

“Ouch. Well, try not to kill anyone. Let me know if you need anything.”

We hung up and I called Thaddeus. He was happy to oblige and came to pick me up half an hour later. By now, I was far along enough in physical therapy that I had most of my range of motion back. I slipped into his car, finishing off my coffee.

“Long day?” he asked.

I sighed. “It’s starting to slow down at work.”

“That’s not good.”

I shrugged. “It happens. It’s part of owning your own business; especially one like this.”

“So why couldn’t Katie come get you?”

“They dragged her to a conference last minute. She’s pretty upset. Can you take me to the gym?”

“Are you allowed to go?” he asked with narrowed eyes.

I scoffed. “I’m not going to be lifting weights or anything like that. I’m just going to use the treadmill.”

“Sure. It’s been a while for me and we can get dinner on the way back.”

When we got to the gym, I had to pay to be a visitor since I lost my membership last year. I changed into my gym clothes that I had brought with me. I was amused when I saw that he was in rented clothes.

“Nice outfit,” I teased and he scoffed, leading the way to the treadmills.

There were TVs set up and I changed it to the BBC America channel where Kitchen Nightmares was playing. I couldn’t help but grin as I read the captions. I didn’t know what it was about the show that cracked me up but it was always fun to watch. We worked out for about two hours before I finally ran out of steam.

-Thaddeus’s POV-

We went to the showers but an employee stopped us, looking apologetic.

“Sorry but the showers are broken,” he said and we sighed heavily.

“I’m taking these with me,” I said, gesturing at the rentals.

He looked like he was going to complain but I left before he could.

“I smell like sweat,” she complained as we got into the car.

I laughed. “So do I. We’ll have to shower before we go out.”

We went to her apartment since it was closer and we got some water first. She leaned against the counter, drinking her bottle of water all at once. With her distracted, it was my turn to admire her. She was wearing a tank top that exposed some of her mid-drift. Her sweats were more form fitting than normal and she had rolled the pant legs up so that her legs could get some air. I was right: her legs were toned and muscled. Her arms were fit, too, and I admired the way the sweat accented her muscles. And the tank top definitely gave her chest the attention it deserved.

I looked at her face to see a broad smirk on her face.

“Like what you see, Hatch?” she mocked and I grinned, putting my bottle down, and walking over to her.

“Maybe,” I mocked back and put my hands on her hips.

I took my shirt off and she blushed a little. She took hers off and I realized she was playing with me. Well, two could play at that game.

Keeping our eyes locked, I ran my hands along the bottom of her stomach. I rested one on her hip and the other ran up her stomach slowly. Her breathing had gotten quick as I approached her chest. Before I could get any further, she leaned in and ran her fingernails from my neck down to the line of my shorts, proving a shudder from me.

I was doing my best not to lose control but she was making it incredibly hard as she wrapped her arms around me and dragged her nails around my shoulders. It was my turn to gasp when her nails teased my lower back and my abs up to my neck.

“You’re driving me crazy,” I panted and she smiled.

“I guess I should stop then,” she breathed.

She was so close I could feel her breath on my chest. I gripped her hips and lifted her onto the counter so our heads were on the same level. I kissed her roughly and she moaned a little, wrapping her arms around my neck.

Things were getting hot. Fast. I wrapped her legs around my waist and carried her to her bedroom, not breaking from her kiss. I sat first, not wanting to aggravate her collarbone. I unhooked her sports bra and it popped off, falling to the floor. She moaned and ground her hips into mine. I gasped in pleasure, untying the drawstring of her sweats. She pushed me on my back and kissed my lips.

I took one of her breasts into my hand and massaged it lightly. She bit my neck and began to suck gently on it. I pushed my shorts off, trying to shimmy out without interrupting the pleasure she was inflicting on my neck.

Then, suddenly, she stopped.

-Morana’s POV-

I lay on top of his naked body, panting and incredibly embarrassed.

“What’s wrong?” he panted and I put my head in his neck.

“Embarrassed,” I managed.

“Oh.” He gently rolled me onto my back and locked eyes with me. He took my sweats off and kissed me. He placed one hand on my thigh. “I almost forgot.”

Blushing all over, I looked down. He was propped up and I had a good view of his manhood.

“Will it hurt?” I whispered.

“There will be some discomfort,” he whispered back. “I’ll be as gentle as I can. I need you, Morana,” he said and I looked at him. His face was pained. “Really badly.”

I swallowed thickly and nodded. He kissed me, sliding his tongue in gently, as he moved into me. I gasped into his lips as he pulled out halfway. I couldn’t tell which I felt more: pain, discomfort, or embarrassment. I had no idea what I was doing. Everything before Katie had told me to do. I was in uncharted territory here.

Soon, though, the discomfort subsided and I felt pleasure. I ran my hands up his back, moaning quietly. He was kissing my neck, leaving a hickie in the same place I had left his. I moaned his name and he groaned.

“Again,” he breathed.

“Thaddeus,” I gasped and he went in his full length.

I lifted my top half so that our chests were pressing against one another and he put one arm around my waist to stead me and the other propped us up. His thrusts became faster and his breath was hot on my neck. I could feel my body start to shake and my toes curled.

“Just a little longer,” he panted in my ear.

I cried out in pleasure and he did the same. I fell back on my back, panting heavily, and he lay beside me. He kissed me, his hands on my hips.

“I love you,” he said suddenly and I pulled away.

He looked like he regretted it immediately.

“You do?” I breathed and he nodded, closing his eyes as if waiting for rejection. “I love you, too.”

He grinned and kissed me, holding me close.