Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

She Just Wants to Dance

After a long week of stupid small jobs that included car models and extras in a beach scene for some sort of film, it was finally time to relax and unwind. Tori and Raelyn were sitting at the bar in one of their favorite clubs. Descent was known for their great drinks and always having the perfect music to dance to. They also had one of the best dance floors the girls had ever seen in a club. Tori giggled as the bartender made a joke while placing their drinks in front of them. Raelyn gave him a small smile in response, having missed most of what he had said.

Tori took a slow sip of her cocktail before looking at Raelyn when her favorite song came on. She smiled excitedly. Raelyn rolled her eyes but nodded, finishing her drink so she wouldn’t be wasting her money and watched as Tori followed her lead. Tori quickly placed the glass back on the bar and then dragged Raelyn by the hand to the dance floor. Raelyn laughed as Tori got more into dancing then she did, and didn’t miss the stares the guys were sending Tori’s way. The dancing was part of it, but her dress was also playing a big part in their staring.The black dress fit her like a glove, and showed just enough skin to be sexy without being slutty. Her eyeliner brought your attention to her bright green eyes and silver eyeshadow, and the dark red lipstick had them eying up her lips like they were hoping to plant a kiss on her. Keep dreaming, boys.

Raelyn was about to let Tori in on her observations when Tori spoke up. “You look extra hot tonight.” She nodded as she gave her friend a once over. Raelyn had gone for a blue halterneck cutout dress, black heels, and the blue eye shadow and black eyeliner really brought the focus to her eyes. “Guys are staring.” She laughed as Raelyn looked at her incredulously. “What?! They are? You sure they aren’t staring at you?”

“Fine, they’re staring at us…” Tori compromised as the song changed and she smiled as she swayed to the music. “I need more liquor…” She announced randomly. Without any sort of warning, she grabbed Raelyn by the arm and dragged her back to the bar. “Can we get a couple of shots, please!”

“Yes, because that’s exactly what you need.” Came a deep, familiar voice. Both girls looked behind them. Raelyn rolled her eyes as Tori glared.

“No one asked you, now did they? Did you leave your wife at home, tonight?” She asked before turning away as the bartender asked for clarification. “Tequila. Jose Cuervo.” She flashed him a flirty smile and it was Raelyn’s turn to speak.

“And can you make it four?” She pulled out the extra cash it would cost and offered it to the bartender, watching as he placed the shot glasses on the counter and poured the tequila. “Thank you.”

“Wow, I didn’t take you two for alcoholics…” Came Michelle’s obnoxious voice from behind them.

Raelyn watched as Tori downed one of the shots before turning to look at Michelle. “It beats being a gold digger.” She gave the bleach blond a sweet smile. Raelyn watched as Michelle’s face turned red as she downed her first shot.

“You can’t let her talk that way about me!” Michelle growled at Brian. Raelyn watched as he seemed at a loss for words, and then just started laughing at the whole situation as he went to talk. “What the hell are you laughing at? You already wasted?”

Raelyn shook her head. “You have no real job… You spend your days shopping, getting your face, hair and nails done… And whose money do you use?” The two started laughing when Michelle’s face started to turn red.

“Say something!” She demanded from Brian. He looked from Tori and Raelyn back to Michelle and shrugged. He didn’t have a valid argument to make, and he hadn’t wanted her to come with him to begin with. She growled at him before storming out of the club.

Tori and Raelyn shared a look before laughing with one another. “Cheers!” Tori held up the second shot glass for Raelyn to clink before downing it. She glanced towards Brian who was staring at the two of them. “Sorry, we couldn’t help ourselves…” She stated, feigning innocence.

“Yeah, we finally get a day off and we’re not going to let her or her stupid friends get in the way of that.” Raelyn warned Brian.

“And you think you’re going to be fit to drive home if you keep drinking like that?” Brian rolled his eyes as he resited to keep his more rudely worded thoughts to himself. Both girls shook their heads.

Tori looked Brian dead in the eyes before speaking slowly. “You know, there are these yellow cars called cabs, and they drive you wherever you want to go as long as you’re willing to pay them for it.” She snickered at the sour look that was now on his face.

“There are also Uber and Lyft… So I think we’re covered, but thank you so much for your concern. You seem to think we need some kind of knight in shining armor… You’re wrong. You can grab your drink and leave now.” Raelyn added with a glare of her own. Had she known Brian was gonna be here, she would have suggested another club or bar because she knew Tori would have at least part of her mind on him for the rest of the night if there wasn’t another person around to distract her.

Brian gave a snarky response that neither girl heard before ordering a round of beers, meaning that there were more members of Avenged Sevenfold around here somewhere. Once he had handed the bartender cash, and was walking back through the crowd of people, Raelyn turned to look at Tori who was staring at where his back had disappeared. “If you want we could go somewhere else… Or home… It’s your call.”

Tori glanced over at her best friend and could see the sympathetic look in her eyes. “No, fuck that. This club is big enough to be able to avoid him if I want to. Plus, we came to dance, and drink… And have a good time. So that’s what we are going to do.” She announced as she threw her arm around her best friend. A new song came on, and before Raelyn could respond, she was being dragged back out to the dance floor.
A couple of drinks later, Tori and Raelyn had been approached by Val who had asked the two to join them because she missed Tori and it had been far too long. Raelyn had been ready to tell Val that they were actually going to leave, even if it was a lie, but Tori had said sure and let Val lead them over to a booth in one of the VIP sections of the club. Raelyn was wondering if Tori was regretting it now that she had ended up stuck in the middle of Brian and Johnny. Johnny was too busy making out with his girlfriend or wife… Raelyn wasn’t sure which, that Tori was scooting closer to Brian.

Meanwhile, she had been pushed into the middle of the booth on her side as well. Her thigh was right up against Zacky’s to make enough room for Matt and Val who were choosing to sit side by side rather than on top of one another like Johnny and his date. The drummer and his girlfriend had claimed a couple of chairs pulled up to the end of the table. Raelyn looked at Tori, hoping she wasn’t regretting her choice now that she was stuck where she was, and then glanced over at Zacky when he mumbled an apology and tried to move closer to the wall to give her more space.

“It’s so great that you guys are here! I’ve missed you, Tori!” Val stated with a warm smile. Raelyn found herself looking down at her hands as Val waited for Tori to respond. She wasn’t drunk enough to be comfortable around all of these people. Val had been the only one she sort of talked to in high school.

“I’ve missed you too, Val.” Tori stated politely. She glanced around the table and cringed at the fact that Johnny and his girl were still attached at the lips. “I propose some shots to celebrate getting together again after all of these years. What do you think, Rae? I say I need another drink.” She announced pulling Raelyn’s attention from her lap. She promptly nodded and Val shrugged.

“What do you guys want to do shots of?” Val questioned.

Raelyn and Tori shared a look before speaking together. “Tequila!” Val laughed at their animated response before getting up to go put the order in at the bar. Her absence left the table in silence.

“So,” Matt started, before clearing his throat and glancing around at the other guys for help. He paused and frowned as he thought for a minute. “What other bands have you two modeled for?”

Tori shared a look with Raelyn and then gestured towards her. Raelyn rolled her eyes before speaking up. “Let’s see, Bullet for My Valentine, The Wanted, Good Charlotte-”

“Oh really? We’re good friends with them.” Matt interrupted her. “What videos?”

Raelyn looked over at Matt and then glanced across the table at Brian. “You know, it’s funny you should say that.” She then turned her eyes back to Matt. “You remember the video shoot for The River? I was in that video. I walked right past both of you a few times actually.”

Brian looked over at Tori. “I was wondering why you were so interested in coming with me for that.” He frowned slightly and she just shrugged.

“I hadn’t seen Raelyn in a while, of course I would take any opportunity to catch up. Looks like it was a damn good choice given the awkward turn this conversation took.” Tori stated with a slight glare towards Brian.

Raelyn noticed that they were all looking at her now. “I didn’t know any of you that well, so it was kind of easy to choose sides when yourfriend fucked up.” She switched the slightly disgusted look on her face to a smile as Val walked back with a bartender following her with a tray full of shots. “Yay, you’re back with more liquor!” She heard her phone go off and pulled it out, glanced at caller ID, and tucked it right back into her purse. “Perfect timing.”

“You know it’s weird, Michelle told me she was going to be here.” Val stated as she glanced around the surrounding booths and then out to the dance floor. “Ah, well. More fun for us!” Once the shots were placed in front of everyone, she raised one of the shot glasses. “To making new friends,” She gestured towards Raelyn, “And reconnecting with old ones!” And then towards Tori.

“To friends.” Everyone agreed before downing the shot. The song changed and Val’s eyes lit up as she grabbed Matt’s hand and finally made room for Raelyn to move away from Zacky. Tori stared over at Johnny and Lacey intently and ended up mentally groaning when they stayed glued to their spot.

Zacky just watched Raelyn in slight shock as she moved a little bit to give him room, but not as far away from him as the booth would allow. He locked eyes with Brian for a moment and noticed that Brian was glancing towards Tori who still looked slightly uncomfortable. He cleared his throat and was about to offer to go buy the next round of drinks when Raelyn spoke up. “I’m going to grab another drink, what do you want Tori?”

“A Kamikaze please.” She stated right away. Raelyn nodded before reluctantly glancing towards Zacky and Brian since they were the only other two at the table not distracted by other activities at the moment. “Would you two care for anything?”

Zacky gave a quick answer of Guinness, and Brian mumbled something about a Heineken and Raelyn nodded before leaving, heading towards the bar. Tori had her elbow on the table and rested her chin in her hand. She took note of how Zacky’s eyes had stayed on Raelyn until she disappeared from sight. “If you hurt her in any way, I’m going to hurt you.” She promised with a pointed look. Zacky looked back at her startled as Brian just stared. Had she been completely sober, she would’ve waited to threaten him until she’d run into him alone. But teetering on the edge of tipsy and drunk, she would probably be honest with any question that was asked.

“I’m not planning to hurt anyone.” Zacky responded with a shrug, not wanting anymore attention on him. “So… What bands have you modeled for?” He asked trying to change the subject once again and succeeding as Tori smiled in thought.

“I’ve been in videos for Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Hollywood Undead… That one was a lot of fun,” She stated with a small giggle as she thought back to hanging out with them for a bit. She looked towards Brian when he bumped his arm against hers and then muttered an apology. “You guys… Unfortunately.” She let out a quiet sigh. “I wanna be in a Papa Roach music video… Or Black Veil Brides…” She admitted thoughtfully.

“Was working with us really that bad?” Johnny asked once he had heard conversation going on around him.

Tori let out a frustrated sigh. “Not all of you. Really my only problem was with him.” She jerked her thumb to her left and shot Brian a glare. “Had I known who it was for… I would’ve said no.” She added with a shrug.

“Brian really hurt you.” Lacey stated softly, a sad expression on her face as she looked at the redhead.

Tori glanced over at Lacey and nodded. “Yeah… Cheating will do that to a person. Oh well, just means I have a chance to find a real man.” She stated firmly. “One who isn’t an asshole.” She spoke again, more to herself this time. “Maybe I should just stick to girls…” She thought outloud and felt her cheeks heat up when she noticed they were all staring at her shocked. “What?! I thought you knew.” Before she could say anything else, Raelyn had reappeared. She placed the beers on the middle of the table so the guys could reach them before placing her drink in front of her gently. “Thanks, Rae.”

“No problem, Tor. Why are they all staring?” Raelyn asked with a slight frown, going to take a sip from the Jack and Coke in her hand.

Tori let out an over-exaggerated sigh. “They are just jealous because I could get any girl in this room.” She stated confidently. Raelyn let out a laugh before nodding. “See, she knows it too!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit-She Don't Wanna Man-Asher Roth

I just started working on a new chapter and remembered I haven't updated in a bit, so I wanted to update. Thanks for reading, and I want to thank VengeanceIsMine for commenting on my story. I don't mean to sound cliche, but getting any kind of feedback inspires me to write which is why I love reading all of your comments. So let me know how I did, and as I said before, thank you for reading! I've never had this many subscribers for a story.