Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Not So Shocking Revelations

Raelyn had been called down to the Jacobs-Callaway Law Firm. She was sitting in a chair across from her college friend, Jennifer Callaway. Jenny had invited her in as she continued a phone call for a few minutes, finally hanging up a few minutes later. “Sorry about that. So other than annoyed, how have you been?”

“Good. As long as I’m not around family…Or drunk... I’m great.” She laughed, “Kinda sad, right?” Jenny chuckled before going into lawyer mode.

She pulled out a manila folder and flipped it open. “So this is what Will was able to find out. He was able to figure out the restaurant from the photos and went and asked around. The staff remembers Tony coming in on the fifth. What do you remember about it?”

“That was the day of the photo shoot. He wanted to celebrate a good shoot… It ended with me dragging Zacky out because he was drunk and causing a scene.” Raelyn admitted as she rolled her eyes.

“From what Will could tell, it was taken from a cell phone camera. 8 megapixels… He went through the tabs with the bartender on duty, and he remembered a blonde with brown lowlights walking up to the bar with her phone out. He said she was mumbling about TMZ. All I need now is to get a picture to show him to confirm the identity, and then we can figure out whether or not the email was sent from her phone and we’ll have our case.” Jenny explained.

“Awesome. So where do we go from there?” Raelyn asked curiously.

Jenny smirked at Raelyn, “We sue for the harm to your reputation, and let me ask you this… How have your modeling jobs been coming since that came out? Have you had any big gigs, or have they all been small?”

Raelyn frowned in thought. “Small…”

“Then we also can sue for lost wages due to defamation of character. We’ll make her think twice about ever sending anything to TMZ again. You should actually see if Tony wants to sue as well.” Jenny stated with a thoughtful look on her face.

“Yes, because he cares about winning money from her…” Raelyn teased with a laugh.

Jenny joined in with the laughter. “I know, but I’m just saying, maybe it will really nail it home if it isn’t just one lawsuit. Just something to consider. Anyways, I will call you when we have more and then we’ll start filing it with the court, cool?”

“Definitely. Thanks, Jenny.” With that said, the two shook hands and Raelyn headed out of the office and into the Los Angeles sun.
Raelyn made her way down to the beach where she was modeling for a poster that was going to advertise a local bikini contest. She pulled into the parking lot and turned off the ignition. She let her hair out of the ponytail she had it in and ran her fingers through it. She pulled down the visor and did a final glance on how she looked before getting out of the car and heading down towards the part of the beach the shoot was at. Once she saw the photographer, his crew and the other model that was going to be involved, she put on a business smile and jogged up. “Hey, I’m Raelyn.” She offered her hand to the guy who seemed to be in charge.

“Ah, yes. And you have a swimsuit on under there?” He questioned as he took in her skirt and crop top.

Raelyn smiled and nodded. “Yes.” She smiled and lifted her top a bit to show the bikini top. “Thank you for this opportunity.”

“It’s not a problem.” He smiled before looking over at the crew. “Let’s get this shoot rolling. Let’s start with some pictures of you girls standing in the water. And then we’ll do some of you two on the beach. Some solo and some together.” She nodded and pulled her shirt up and over her head, stepped out of her shorts and placed her sunglasses on top of the pile of clothes. “Nice choice.” He smiled at the bikini she had chose to wear.

The two models slipped off their flip-flops and headed into the tides. “So chilly.” Raelyn laughed as the other model, Jana, nodded in agreement. The girls stopped and turned towards the photographer. They followed his directions for how to pose before Raelyn stepped away from Jana to let the photographer get in shots of her.

A few minutes later, she was standing alone in the water. After a few poses, he wanted her to come back to the sand. After a few more shots with and without Jana, the director spoke up saying they had enough for their advertisements and both girls were free to go. And they were allowed to have the beach towels as a free gift. Raelyn grabbed her clothes, pulled her sunglasses on and walked down the beach towards where the public seemed to be convening rather than back towards her car.

Once she had gotten close enough to hear some of the people, she dropped the towel and sat down. She laid back on the towel and stared up at the clouds for a bit. Tori wouldn’t be home for a few hours, she was actually at a decent paying job, that was sure to get her more exposure for even bigger jobs. Raelyn let out a frustrated sigh and closed her eyes while she tried to focus on the warmth of the sun on her skin. She yawned as she started to feel drowsy.

Before she could succumb to her tiredness, a familiar voice had her eyes snapping open. “Are you sure it’s such a good idea to fall asleep on a beach? You’ll wake up burned to a crisp.”

“No one asked you.” She commented with a slight frown on her face. “And I guarantee that I have a higher SPF sunscreen on than you do.” Raelyn pushed herself up so she was sitting up. She watched as he shrugged before dropping down in the sand next to her. “You’d rather hang out with me than your friends?”

He glanced down the beach and let out a sigh. “To be honest,” He paused and then looked back at her. “Yes.” He chuckled at the complete look of shock on her face. “You sure you’re wearing sunscreen, your cheeks look kinda pink.”

Raelyn looked away from him immediately. Her mind racing back to a few nights ago. “I am wearing makeup you know.” She spoke up. “I just finished a shoot actually.” She glanced back up at him, not wanting him to know she was embarrassed. “I should get going.”

“Was it something I said?” He sounded somewhat hurt and looked confused.

Raelyn groaned and ran a hand through her hair. “No. It’s something I did.” She went to stand up and Zacky caught her arm. “What are you-”

“Can we just forget about the other night?” His voice was sincere, and his eyes pleading. “You can avoid me all you want, but it’s not going to change what happened.”

She frowned at him slightly before asking. “If you want me to forget about it, I want to know what you remember.” When he gave her a look, she swallowed and looked away. “What I didn’t remember, my friend filled me in on. So as I said,” She turned and stared him down. “I want to know what you remember.”

Zacky’s shoulders slumped as he thought about how she’d react to what he remembered. She would either laugh it off, or stand up and walk away which is what he was trying to avoid. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back for a moment before speaking up. “You and Tori came back to the table with Val. We all had a lot to drink, I didn’t help matters by buying you another drink. The air kicked on, and you climbed into my lap and kissed me. I carried you into Matt and Val’s guest room. You asked me to stay.” He summarized, opening his eyes and glancing to his left towards her.

She was biting her lip as she stared out into the ocean. “I’m not usually like that.” Her words came out rushed, all at once. Raelyn let out a shaky breath before looking into Zacky’s eyes. “I’m not a slut.” She said a little slower. “I don’t know why I did that.”

Whatever slight hope Zacky had left with her statement. “Relax, I don’t think you’re a slut. We were both drunk and it’s not like it led to anything.” He stated as he held his hands up to try and keep her from speaking out again. “It didn’t mean anything.” He lied smoothly. To you anyways. “You’re different from the girls I’m used to.” He admitted.

Raelyn’s eyes widened in surprise, “That bad?” She joked slightly.

“No, it’s actually refreshing.” He smiled at her.

Raelyn felt her heart start to race at his smile, and the comments. A shy smile came to her face as she turned to look away. “I don’t know about that. Other girls seem to be much more suited for your attention.” Zacky shook his head, he went to say something but heard Brian calling to him from down the beach. “I’ll let you get back to your friends.” She sat up and dusted herself off. Zacky watched as she stood up and pulled up her shorts. “It was nice talking to you.” She leaned down to grab her shirt and towel, and he found himself staring at her chest for a moment. “Have fun with your stalker.” She told him with a laugh when she noticed Meaghan standing with Brian and Michelle.

He glanced back towards Brian and groaned upon seeing Meaghan. “Fuck.” He groaned as he glanced back towards Raelyn who was now standing up with her shirt back on. “Have a good day.” He gave her a tight smile and then glanced back where Brian was standing and started debating which excuse to use to get out of hanging with the guys as she walked back up the beach. He glanced back at her and shamelessly watched her walk away.
When Tori walked in the door, Raelyn was sitting on the couch watching a movie, a beer in hand. “Tough day?” She joked.

Raelyn waited until the movie cut to commercial before looking at Tori. “Weird day.” She finished the beer in her hand and sighed. “I ran into Zacky today. We talked about the other night. And then Meaghan, Brian and Michelle called out to him so I took that as my cue to leave. And now I’m drinking to try and block that conversation out. So if you’ll excuse me… I need another beer.” She pushed herself up and headed into the kitchen.

Tori sighed but headed to her room to change while Raelyn rummaged through their liquor choices. She walked back out in her lounge pants and cami to see Rae had returned to the couch with a new beer in hand. “How’d it go with the lawyer?”

Raelyn closed her eyes and sighed. “Pretty good, she’s just got to confirm a couple of things and then she can draw up the paperwork. How was your shoot?” She opened her eyes and looked over at Tori who was now sighing.

“Long. I have never had a more sexist director in my life…” She muttered. “I was ready to smash his camera over his head.” Tori grumbled under her breath. “Thanks a lot, now I want to drink.” She walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. Raelyn heard Tori messing around in the cabinet where they kept the hard liquor.

Before Raelyn could call out to Tori, there were two sharp knocks at their door. She pushed herself up and walked to the door. Once the door was opened, she was confused to see Val standing behind it. “Uh, hi?”

“Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?” Val asked, she was playing with her hands nervously, causing Raelyn to take a step back and frown slightly. Val took a deep breath and walked into the apartment. “So, Michelle was the one who sent those photos to TMZ…”

“Why would you betray your sister by telling me this?” Raelyn asked curiously. “I knew it was her or Meaghan.” She admitted after a moment of silence.

Val sighed. “She may be my sister. But I don’t like the way she’s acting… It’s none of her business who you’re dating.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and for the comments! A special thank you to: VengenceIsMine, crazy.sexy.cool, and AJ9. I do enjoy reading thoughts, and they remind me to continue with certain story aspects that I otherwise completely forget about.... Anyways, let me know what you think of this chapter, and thank you for all the subscriptions and recommendations... Nine years ago when I started writing, I never thought I'd be good enough to have 95 people reading my story. So, I'm motivated to do my best to keep you guys interested.