Scandal in the House of Titan

Trauma

David’s POV

The door flies open, I curl back up like a small animal, terrified of Alex returning.

“Oh my god!” I hear Jack’s voice. I begin crying hysterically, this time tears of relief. The door shuts and locks.

I hear Jack kneel down beside me. He places a warm hand on my bare, bruised shoulder. “It’s okay, it’s me. It’s Jack,” he whispers. I inhale deeply in an attempt to calm myself down once again. “What happened?”

I muster up all of my remaining energy to push myself up into a seated position against the wall. Jack gasps and delicately runs his fingertips along the side of my face.

“Did Alex do this to you?”

I nod. Jack pulls me into his arms, carefully squeezing me so as not to cause me anymore physical injury.

“Is he here?”

“No…” I croak, my throat burning. “He left.”

“Do you need to go to the hospital?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Can you get to the couch?”

I nod again and Jack pulls me up onto my feet. He circles me once and tells me there are bruises forming across my back and on the soft parts below my collarbones where Alex shoved me. I can taste blood in my mouth, so I know my lip is busted and my left eye is beginning to swell shut. Jack sits sideways on the couch so that his legs are across the whole thing, opened slightly for me to lie inside. I lie down, resting my sore face against his chest and clutching his sides like a traumatized baby koala.