Status: New!!

His Assistant

Chapter Three

Hearing a knock on my front door, I walked to the door opening it seeing Carter my best friend who happened to work at the same building as well in the fashion department. She had bags in her hands, which all were designer brands.

“Okay, I know what size you wore and got everything I think you would like.” She said barging in throwing the bags down on the floor.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked.

“Well, you texted me first of all you got the job and second I knew you needed clothes so I got you some stuff that needed to be de cluttered out of the back of my office. I want you to succeed.” She told me.

I put the things up in my closet and she was smiling.

“Thanks Carter, I appreciate it.” I told her.

“Hey, that’s what friends are for, knock em dead tomorrow.” She said.

When she left I started doing laundry, I saw a lipstick stain on my husband’s collar it wasn’t my shade of red it was brighter. I smelled and it had another woman’s perfume on it. I shook my head then went to bed.

------

The next morning I took a shower and fixed my hair. I slipped on my skirt, blouse, and slipped on my heels. Carter picked out everything I liked. I was really thankful for her and was lucky to have her as my friend.

I picked up my keys and left my apartment. I began walking to the building, my heelss clicking with every step and the closer I got to the building the more I got nervous. I walked in the building then pushed the elevator button, waiting for the elevator.

“Doesn’t someone look hot today?” I heard Carter say.

“Thank you Carter you don’t look bad yourself.” I told her.

“You look like sex on heels.” She winked.

“Thanks.” I said getting in the elevator with her.

Carter pushed the twelfth floor button, and then pushed thirteen for me. The doors opened and Carter got out saying good luck to me. The doors shut and I was all alone in the elevator.

A few seconds later the doors opened again then I was on the floor. I walked out seeing the two girls from yesterday then the redhead noticed me.

“So, you’re the new assistant?” She questioned.

“Um, yes.” I said. She glared at me

“You’re not pretty at all.” She told me popping her gum smiling.

“God, Anna don’t be ugly you’re such a bitch.” The brunette told her getting up.

I looked up at both of them then the brunette told me to follow her.

“You followed the dress code that’s good. I’m Avery by the way I’m probably the nicest ones out of all of them. I’m Mr. Meyers's secretary” She told me.

“You seem like it.” I said.

“Here’s your office.” She replied letting me walk in.

The walls were white along with gold touches here and there. It looked super nice and it had an apple computer on the desk.

“Feel free to make it homey.” She said, “Mr. Meyes is your boss now, so have fun”

She left the room and then I took off my coat with the fluffy hood and placed it on the hook. I sat in the chair and spun around. Everything was so nice and clean.

A few seconds later I saw Mr. Meyers at my door and he walked in. I stood up and he stood very close to me.

“You look so beautiful.” He told me.

“Um thank you.” I said nervously. He walked in and came over to the desk. He looked me up and down and smirked. But his smirked faded as he looked down.

“Can I take you out to dinner tonight?” He asked.

“Sure.” I replied.

He started giving me the rundown of everything and was so bossy about it. “So this is where you work” he showed me my desk and everything in it. He showed me how to photocopy, how to take a call, print things and personal information like what he likes for lunch.

He soon left and I was left to start the jobs he had given me.

-----------------

Walking to Carter’s floor for lunch I saw her in her office she looked up at me.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” She asked.

“Derek is cheating on me, I don’t know what to do, he doesn’t love me anymore. He doesn’t pay attention to me at all anymore he’s drunk at home all the time. I need a man who loves me and who will make me feel wanted.” I said.

“File for divorce.” She told me.

“He’ll try to get everything.” I replied.

“He won’t trust me, there’s a man who’s dying to have out there.” She said smiling.

“I know because I’m faithful and loyal to a man.” I told her.

But, little did I know Jonathan heard every word of the convo we had.