Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

sixteen

“Hey Stacy,” Joe said into his phone, after he pulled himself out of Melodie’s strong grasp. “I’ve been meaning to call you. I’ve just been so busy.”

He heard Stacy sigh. “Oh, it’s ok. It’s just….oh nevermind.”

“It’s just, what?”

“I’ve heard this rumor about you…..”

“What. Was. It.” Joe asked through gritted teeth. He was so sick of rumors; so sick of Stacy and her gossip.

“Is it true you’re having an affair with Melodie Thomason?”

Joe’s break caught in his throat; where had that come from? Was Stacy just jealous Joe had been spending so much time with Melodie, and made up the rumor? Or was it really going through the school?

Joe was never one to be bothered by the rumors about him. It was just that this one affected not only him, but someone else that he loved as well. What if the rumor had gotten to her? What if she had heard it?

“Stacy, I don’t care what you think, but I love Melodie. And you can’t even say anything because I know you were cheating on me for Cassidy Field’s boyfriend.”

“Where did you hear that?!” Stacy yelled.

“You know what? It’s none of your buisness. I love Melodie, not you.”

“So you’re breaking up with me?”

“Yes, in fact, I am.”

Stacy gasped; Joe wasn’t surprised. Stacy was always a drama queen.

“It’s over, Stacy. Have a nice life.” And then he hung up the phone.

Joe felt Melodie waking up at his side. She smiled at him while he just stared.

She blinked and rubbed her eyes, clearing sleep from them. “What?” she asked when she saw him staring at her.

“Oh, uhhh….nothing,” he said quickly, lightly blushing and turning away.

Melodie couldn’t help but stare at him for a moment as well. He was just so perfect in her eyes. She started to zone out, imaging herself in his arms.

Joe, after composing himself, glanced at the clock.

“Oh, crap. We have to get to the concert.” Melodie stood up.

“I’m coming to the concert?” she asked. She looked at her clothes; they weren’t quite suited for a Jonas concert. She was plain while they were sophisticated and rocking out. “Can I change into something else?”

“Oh, yah, sure,” Joe said. “I’m sure that my mom won’t mind if you borrow some of hers.” But either way you’ll look beautiful, he added to himself silently.

“Thanks, Joe.”

“No problem,” he replied quietly as she walked out the door and into the hallway. “No problem at all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
SUPER SHORT, I know. But this is basically a filler.
And this is the beginning of the chapters co-writen by mrpiggyandalice, so get ready for some DRAMA in the story!!!!

And there is probably only going to be NINE MORE CHAPTERS!!!!
I AM DEBATING IF THERE SHOULD BE A SEQUEL. PLEASE TELL ME IF I SHOULD END IT HERE (AT CHAPTER 25) OR IF I SHOULD ADD THE SEQUEL. COMMENT THE STORY, OR COMMENT MY PROFILE!!!!