Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

twenty-five

My black dress flowed gracefully in the wind as I watched the sunset. I couldn’t believe it had happened a week ago.

It just pained me so much to think about him. I loved him so much, yet he had to go.

I shivered, the cold wind sparing me no sympathy.

“Cold?”

I turned away from the sunset, to meet eyes with Joe. He smiled softly, reminding me of an angel.

“A little,” I replied quietly as he put his arm around me. I felt the butterflies in my stomach churn.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” he asked. I turned, glancing at the sunset. It was an array of colors; purple, orange, yellow, red, and pink.

“Yah,” I sighed.

We stood there for a few minutes, watching the sunset until the sun fully disappeared behind the horizon.

“Hey, look! There’s the North Star!” he said, pointing at a star right above our heads. It was the only star in the sky, shining as bright as could be.

“So?” I asked, chuckling. He pretended to be shocked.

“You don’t know what the North Star means?!”

“No, I’m sorry, I don’t.”

He was silent for a few moments before speaking again, and pointing at another star.

“See, there’s Neverland. The second star to the right and straight on till morning.”

“Joe, you are completely insane,” I laughed lightly. The first time I had laughed in a week….

“No I’m not. Alice forced me to watch Peter Pan with her.”

Alice again…?

I rolled my eyes, as Joe laughed. He sounded like an angel.

“Melodie?”

I turned towards him, not letting myself out of his arms. He stared down at me.

He seemed nervous. His stature was scaring me; what was he hiding?

“Can I tell you something?” he asked quietly.

“Yah.” The butterflies in my stomach seemed to grow.

He stayed silent for a moment.

“Joe?”

“I love you,” he breathed.

I let out a small exhale, not believing my ears. I gave him a blank stare, processing the words in my brain. Suddenly everything began to seem clear. Everything that he had ever tried to protect me from, everytime he helped me, and even when he was talking with Nick backstage at their concert. Joe loved me, not Nick.

“I love you too,” I replied with a smile.

He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine, slightly pushing forward. I was in total bliss as I wound my arms around his neck ans his hands went to my lower back.

I pulled away and smiled.

“I can’t believe it took me 7 years to get that kiss, but it’s worth it.” I grinned, joking.

Joe kissed me softly on my head, “I love you.”

“You already said that,” I breathed. He let out a soft chuckle.

“I know. Words just can’t explain my feelings towards you. They’re like a different species.”

I smiled.

We stood there in the darkness and stared at the stars. Joe hugged me a bit tighter.

“I will love you… Forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
YAYYAYAYAYAYAYY!!!!
I can't believe it's over!!!! )':
But as you can guess.....the sequel will be called Forever (:
Credit to main idea in this chapter go to mrhatterandalice....we wrote it at band camp (:
I just wanted to thank everyone for reading this series....please go and read the sequel to it!!! <3333333