Sequel: Crash Into Me
Status: Finished - Sequel Coming Soon

Safe Zone

Chapter Twenty-Five

{Katy’s Point of View}

The light in the room quickly came on and the door swung open loud probably waking more than just me up. I sat up really quick, making my stomach turn, but it quickly passed as I saw my sister standing in the door way looking homeless.

“Elizabethe, what is your deal?” I angrily asked my older sister using her full name, “You do know it’s like six in the morning?”

“You do know your beau down there is still married, right?” She asked raising her eyebrows and crossing her arms.

“Yes, you idiot. And I would appreciate it if you kept your mouth shut,” I rolled my eyes quickly walking over to the door and shutting it before the whole family knew our dirty little secrets.

“You don’t care that he is married?” She asked her mouth agape.

“Liz, I’m still married! Please just stay out of our business. We’re working it out on our own for certain reasons,” I enforced but didn’t want to go any further, because my sister wasn’t the best at secrets.

“What earthly reason would you want to become a homewrecking whore? How would this destroy Val? Your best friend at one point in time,” she sighed acting as if she was high and mighty.

“Please stay out of our business. I beg you,” I whispered as I heard footsteps in the hallway.

“Whatever, Katheryn. You are no better than Dad. Tearing family’s apart,” My blood boiled as Liz talked about my father’s past. I was one-hundred percent a daddy’s girl and she was the exact opposite always running to our mother.

“Hey,” Matt walked in as I conjured something to say.

Liz scoffed and walked out of the room, shoulder checking Matt. I so wish I wasn’t pregnant at that moment because my sister would’ve had to see a dentist today…

_____________________________________


The beach was beautiful as Matt and I jogged down the shore line for our morning exercise. There was no way I was going to add on extra weight from this pregnancy.

Matt exhaled as we stopped by my family’s small pier that led back to the house. I placed my hands above my head as he placed his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

Once we had both calmed our breathing down, Matt came over to me and wrapped me in his arms. He started planting several kisses on my forehead has I intertwined my fingers behind his back.

“I think your phone is ringing,” I stated as I heard the vibrations in his short pockets.

“You’ve got good hearing,” He laughed but his smile instantly fell as he read his screen, “It’s Val.”

“Answer it,” I motioned, I knew he would have to keep his alibi.

“Hey! I know I’ve been extremely busy with the band. Wait, today?” His eyes grew wide, “I mean no, but if you want to then sure. I’m mainly at the studio all day. Yeah, I talked to him. Well you know how he forgets crap. You should stay at home because if you come out here then I’ll just be focused on you. Maybe, you could come out on Friday so I can take you somewhere nice. Okay. Yeah for sure. Love you too. Bye.”

Matt looked at me the entire time. If only I could hear on the other line. He pressed the end button and placed the phone back in his pocket, “You have to leave, huh?”

“I think I am going to have to. Unless I go stay in LA, but there is no bad like I have been telling her and then it looks really like a lie.” He frowned, hugging me again but this time resting his chin on my shoulder.

“I understand, but can you leave like tomorrow morning? I want to spend one more night with you out here. We’re finally connecting without distractions,” I smiled as he pulled away with a smile too.

“Definitely. I’ll just call her later and tell her we are cutting it short. That the band broke up or something. Until then let’s just live in our own world.”

_______________________________


Matt snuck little kisses on my neck as we both stood under the shower. My father and grandfather went fishing while my mother and grandmother went grocery shopping.

We kept exchanging kisses on each other as we groped and rubbed our bare skin against each other. I would be lying if I didn’t want him right here and now. I turned around to wash my face as Matt pulled my body against his then pressing more passionate kisses along my collarbone. His hands began to explore my front from behind and my grin grew wider.

“Katheryn!” Liz shouted from the bathroom door causing us both to jump away from each other. I pressed my finger against my lips to Matt.

“Yeah?” I shouted back.

“Dad needs Matt. Him and pop want to take the guys out on the boat,” I panicked. She just had to yell, my grandparents would be furious if we were in the shower together.

“Okay. Go find him. He was down by the pool when I came upstairs,” I stated then didn’t hear a reply meaning she had believed me, “We’ve got to get out of here before we get caught.”

Matt pouted as he caressed my chest and rubbed his hands up and down my curves, “I’ll take the chances of getting caught.”

“Tonight you and me in the pool house once everyone is asleep. It’ll be a nice going away present,” I winked scanning him up and down before purposely bending over and turning off the water.