Haven

ix

Jared


Jared let out a sigh of relief as Richard called for the first scene they were shooting to cut, stuffing his hands in his pockets. It was colder up in Vancouver than Austin, but it was something he'd get used to soon enough. It took him a second to shift into a different headspace, but he was glad he was finally able to separate Jared and Sam. A few years back, he wasn't able to maneuver between the two so easily and he took on a lot of Sam's emotions and baggage. While it wasn't healthy at all, his acting then was the best it had ever been and everyone had told him so.

It had been almost 20 hours since he heard from Peyton, and while he chalked it up to the time difference and her being asleep, he couldn't help but think he was scaring her away already. If not from the distance and time apart, from the fucking text message he'd sent without thinking.

God, he really shouldn't have sent it.

"Have a second?" Jensen called, pulling Jared away from his thoughts.

He mustered up a grin and shook his head, following him off set and into one of the tents that were set up. He held his hands up in front of the electric heater, accepting the cup of coffee that his friend handed him. "What's up, man?"

"You look like a lost puppy, man. You missin' her that much?"

Jensen was smirking now as he sipped at his coffee, his eyes trained on his phone when it dinged.

Jared felt his face heat up and he laughed it off, rolling his eyes. "Shut up. You were the same way when you had to leave Danneel and JJ the first time."

Jensen rolled his eyes in response, lifting his phone and turning it to Jared so he could see the picture of the two of his girls. "Speak of the devil, huh?"

"I don't get it," Jared told him, scrunching his nose up as he looked back toward Jensen. "How did you land her? Something that still blows my mind."

"Fuck off."

Jared took the hit to the shoulder and laughed, running a hand through his hair. He felt a little better knowing that he wasn't the only one missing home right about now, but it didn’t make it any easier. Cliff finally came around, eyeing the two men. He knew that in the next few minutes, they'd be made to go back to their marks and start filming another scene, but for now, he allowed himself to be happy.

A sinking feeling crept in, almost telling him that while he was away, it would be a fleeting thing.

But he couldn't think that way, otherwise the progress he made while he was home would've been for nothing. He could picture Janet rolling her eyes and pointing a finger at him and the thought made him smirk.

"It time for us to go back?" Jared asked, raising an eyebrow in Cliff's direction.

"You know, I feel like a damn babysitter sometimes," Cliff told them with a laugh before stepping out of the tent before coming back to shake his head. "Speight's having issues with the mermaid tail."

"Mermaids," Jensen snorted, looking over at Jared. "Eleven seasons and they're still making me question my job."

Jared nodded in agreement before his phone cut off any further conversation, his face lighting up as he slid his finger across the screen to answer the call. It had taken her long enough. Jensen only rolled his eyes and making a disgusted face before walking out of the tent with Cliff beside him, allowing Jared space to talk with her privately.

"Hey, baby. I was just thinking about you."

He could almost feel the smile in her voice as she laughed into the phone. "Oh, yeah? Why's that?"

He shrugged, chewing on his bottom lip. "Dunno. Just weird being away, I guess. Weird not arguing with you over what to watch and steal back my clothes from you."

"They're comfy! Besides, who else is going to make me watch things I haven't a million times? Carrie only encourages me to re-watch Grey's or Supernatural because she doesn't want me to drag her into another series. How's work going?"

He let out a sigh before looking around, watching as Jensen messed with one of the props and handing it to Richard before he threw it back at him. Sometimes he honestly wondered how they got anything done on set. "It's going. We're almost halfway through the season, so we'll probably shoot a few more episodes before going back down."

"Care to share anything?" She teased, the smile still in her voice. "Oh, wait! Tell me Cas doesn't really let Lucifer in?"

"I can't say, baby, and – wait, how do you know that? We haven't even filmed that episode yet," he told her with a laugh, crossing his arms over his chest. "Misha's still here, though. Damn bastard."

"Watch it, mister. I'm a pretty hardcore Misha stan."

Jared felt a small surge of jealousy before he rolled his eyes, smiling nonetheless. "Okay, I get it. I'm not all that important."

"Um, obviously you're a close second. I don’t know, though. Still debating," she teased, heaving a sigh as she stressed, the couch shifting slightly as she moved. "I hope things are okay with you, though."

He smiled at that, running a thumb across his lip. He wanted to tell her that of course they were, it had only been a little while since he had left, but he knew he'd be lying. The second he left, he couldn't escape the thoughts like usual. They didn't just disappear as easily anymore, and it might've just been because he wasn't really trying, but a lot of it had to do with being away from Peyton. And that was a terrifying thing to grasp; if he needed her this much already, where would he be in a few months?

"They're okay, honestly. Thank you, though. And you're okay? Not letting Carrie keep you up?"

He heard Carrie in the background and he let out a laugh as he heard her yell something he couldn't quite make out to Peyton. "Actually, she's keeping me in check pretty good, but she says you need to get back soon because I'm 'already driving her fucking crazy.'"

"Yeah, sounds like her," Jared laughed, looking up when Richard poked his head in the tent, signaling for him to start heading back towards the set. He nodded and held up a finger, pursing his lips. "I'm sorry, baby, but I have to go."

"It's okay, yeah. Just text me later?"

"You'll probably be asleep when I'm done, but yeah. Or you better be asleep. You have work early tomorrow."

"Yes, sir," Peyton teased again, and Jared was sure she was smirking at him. He knew he probably shouldn't have, but his stomach flipped a little every time she addressed him like that and he didn't understand why. He made a show of rolling his eyes, knowing she couldn't see it.

"Bye, baby."

He let out a sigh as he walked back over to where the rest of the crew was gathered, Jensen poking at the tail in the pool before turning back to him. So far, shooting for this episode didn't feel so much like acting and he enjoyed when they were given material like this. He guessed it helped that Richard was directing, too, but it always made for longer days because no one was very serious for long.

"When you going to bring her to meet us?" Richard asked him with a smirk, adjusting the hat on his head.

"I haven't even formally met her, yet, man. Wait your turn."

Jared cracked a grin at Jensen before shaking his head. "Soon. Hopefully soon."

And so maybe he had been lucky after all. Maybe she didn't get the text message and he wouldn't have to worry about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Definitely more of a filler chapter. Hope it was still okay, though!
Feedback is appreciated!